The Audio Lounge
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #17,821 of 36,081
Seriously, I'm wondering if the P1's use the same drivers than the Nicehck F3's...

**edit** both use 10mm planar... Hm. Wondering then if the DD and BA made the F3 more power hungry. I should really run it through a proper source and try again...

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #17,823 of 36,081
:ksc75smile:

My Sendy Aiyas are coming in today as are the JH Lolas. It's going to be a fun day!

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on the Lolas, but I'm also just now realizing that the Lolas were in some small way one of my facilitations, haha.

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #17,824 of 36,081
They look quite small, and are getting killer reviews. BGGAR loves them, so does Z, but I take him with 42 grains of salt as he has a lifetime pass on hype trains, lol.
yeah I see his review and the look a good size for me too........ and I don't want to say too much just yet as I have had 5 mins with it but if the Hiby R6pro makes me feel as I did in those 5 mins then put it this way I'm glad I went for it and I won't bother with the N6ii!, But early days and not taking anything for granted lol especially after the last few purchases... Very busy bit more later

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #17,826 of 36,081
I just bought a UE MegaBoom3 for the holidays (tired of closing up from the family and in-laws while listening on IEM).
Am I a bad audiophile?

Lol, I'd say no. But if you are, I am too because I have 4 or 5 bluetooth speakers around the house used for all kinds of family gatherings.

Sidenote: I got one from Monoprice called a CanSolo M and it sounds fantastic but you can hardly find them anywhere anymore, I think the company went out of business.

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #17,827 of 36,081
Just took some quick pics.. Best built dap I have seen period from screen to shell IMG_20190620_173127.jpg IMG_20190620_173108.jpg IMG_20190620_173049.jpg

Back again later lol

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #17,829 of 36,081
Jun 20, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #17,830 of 36,081
Looks super @majo123 . Hope it continues to work out great for you.

Thanks to @OldDude04 for recommending the real review by Thomas. His first few paragraphs most likely saved me $150! I have little use for an IEM that needs an amp to sound good. I use IEMs when sound isolation (there went the iSines) and portability are required. Shanling M0 is my go to portable dap. It won't run the P1 well. HiFiMan Mega Mini has even less power. The PonoPlayer in balanced mode should play them easily. It plays balanced Sennheiser HD600 like crazy. But, the Pono is a little bigger than I prefer for use at work. Though I might rethink and make an exception.

For home use I just plug in the Koss ESP/95X. Most likely more detailed (hard to beat stats) and way more comfortable. Then there's the fact that I don't own a good portable amp.

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #17,832 of 36,081
That looks nice especially with Led Zepp on it. I did consider the R6 Pro but I thought it was a bit expensive for what it was. If you got a good used price deal and you are happy with it then its all good.

Looks super @majo123 . Hope it continues to work out great for you.

Thanks to @OldDude04 for recommending the real review by Thomas. His first few paragraphs most likely saved me $150! I have little use for an IEM that needs an amp to sound good. I use IEMs when sound isolation (there went the iSines) and portability are required. Shanling M0 is my go to portable dap. It won't run the P1 well. HiFiMan Mega Mini has even less power. The PonoPlayer in balanced mode should play them easily. It plays balanced Sennheiser HD600 like crazy. But, the Pono is a little bigger than I prefer for use at work. Though I might rethink and make an exception.

For home use I just plug in the Koss ESP/95X. Most likely more detailed (hard to beat stats) and way more comfortable. Then there's the fact that I don't own a good portable amp.
well I'm keeping it a bit quiet only having it in my ears for 5 mins.... But lol I shall say after a proper listen... Let's just say I genuinely feel very excited after 5 mins will say more soon.

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #17,833 of 36,081
Just took some quick pics.. Best built dap I have seen period from screen to shell

Back again later lol
Very nice! I've been trying to get hold of one of these at a good price too. I want to hear this too so I can see where you are coming from. No luck so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back