The Audio Lounge
Jan 1, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #12,706 of 36,070
Sorted some looms today and yesterday they still need terminating though.

4 core ety loom.

2 X 8 core mmcx / 4.4 balanced looms when finished ,1 will be rhodium plated connectors the other gold.
Super looking cables. Well done. They are professional looking. Didn't you already make an Ety balanced cable? If so, are you hoping for different sonics or ergonomics?

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #12,707 of 36,070
Super looking cables. Well done. They are professional looking. Didn't you already make an Ety balanced cable? If so, are you hoping for different sonics or ergonomics?

I did make an ety balanced and although I thought it looked great visually ( black and silver cable) it was very stiff this new source of cable is much more softer and supple and again although the one I made for @KEV G which he is using is fine this new cable is softer and better quality, I sent him a sample to have a look at and compare to previous and he agreed it is a softer nicer cable , also guage is a bit bigger these cables (8 core) are nice and chunky.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #12,708 of 36,070
I am a big fan of Sennheiser products and my current set is the HD1 FREE IEMs. They cost a lot, but they also give a lot in return. I added a small swivel shirt clip to the middle of the cord and when you clip it to the top center of the back of your shirt, no issues with the cord during movement. Simple fix for less than 1 dollar to have that audio quality in any situation.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #12,709 of 36,070

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #12,710 of 36,070
I did make an ety balanced and although I thought it looked great visually ( black and silver cable) it was very stiff this new source of cable is much more softer and supple and again although the one I made for @KEV G which he is using is fine this new cable is softer and better quality, I sent him a sample to have a look at and compare to previous and he agreed it is a softer nicer cable , also guage is a bit bigger these cables (8 core) are nice and chunky.
yep, this sample should turn out to be a very nice cable indeed. Pretty soft and no kinkyness lol

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #12,711 of 36,070
yep, this sample should turn out to be a very nice cable indeed. Pretty soft and no kinkyness lol

Not with cables anyway , what you all get upto in your own free time is your own afair:smiling_imp:

I have to say there getting quicker and easier too and the 8 core weave all done with my own fair hands I'm very pleased with.

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #12,712 of 36,070
WOW: Flowers

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #12,713 of 36,070
Good day all

WOW:

and just for a little something else:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #12,714 of 36,070

When you are going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #12,717 of 36,070
Finally getting round to something really nice
1D8C7A9F-ECDF-421D-A01D-C9FF05A9AF5D.jpeg
Regular DX200/optical into Mojo/WA2-Ibasso SR1
Only just rigged it all up but dang, it’s smoooooooth, details are excellent and depth/soundstage not quite as deep/big as expected but plenty enough for my tastes.
Bass sounds and feels similar to Ibasso’s Amp 8, which has a texture that you can almost reach out and touch.
Tomorrow I’ll be sorting out my tax return so will be messing with different combos with the WA2/Valhalla II/DX200-200Ti/Mojo. Haven’t received my coax cable yet so will be going optical until then. I’ll be trying out the Andro’s as well in different configurations with this little lot, so all in all it’ll probably take a couple of days to get through all this.
Peace & quiet is the only other ingredient that I’ll need to get through it all lol :smile_phones:

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #12,718 of 36,070
I am a big fan of Sennheiser products and my current set is the HD1 FREE IEMs. They cost a lot, but they also give a lot in return. I added a small swivel shirt clip to the middle of the cord and when you clip it to the top center of the back of your shirt, no issues with the cord during movement. Simple fix for less than 1 dollar to have that audio quality in any situation.
Are the HD1 Free pretty much the Momentum IEMs but wireless? They look very similar, but never listened to the HD1 Free. Found the Momentum a bit warm/dark compared to IEMs I enjoy listening to, kinda like how the HD650 is a bit warmer/darker than the HD600.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #12,719 of 36,070
Are the HD1 Free pretty much the Momentum IEMs but wireless? They look very similar, but never listened to the HD1 Free. Found the Momentum a bit warm/dark compared to IEMs I enjoy listening to, kinda like how the HD650 is a bit warmer/darker than the HD600.
The HD1 Free has the best highs I've ever heard in an IEM Bluetoo device. It's not bass heavy, which personally I'm not a fan of bass heavy (kills all the other instruments). Just the right amount of bass, excellent highs, mids are clear, and you can tune it even more with the Cap Tune app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back