The Audio Lounge
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #6,286 of 36,382
I always wondered what the aune m1s was like ? Thought about buying once but aune products are not easy to come buy in uk.

You decided on dx150 then....fiio x7ii not interesting you then with 2 x card slots?

I can say that after trying out the Opus #1, the Aune's come by pretty darn close to being on par with them. :)

I don't have an issue with storage space, don't own that much music. My SD card is 128gb, and I've only filled it up to probably half? Long way more to go for me!

And after doing a ton of reading and research, it looks like the DX150 is the one for me.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #6,287 of 36,382
I can say that after trying out the Opus #1, the Aune's come by pretty darn close to being on par with them. :)

I don't have an issue with storage space, don't own that much music. My SD card is 128gb, and I've only filled it up to probably half? Long way more to go for me!

And after doing a ton of reading and research, it looks like the DX150 is the one for me.

I heard good things about the aune m1s.
Well looks like you made your mind up and going with the dap ,dx150 does look good.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #6,288 of 36,382
I am in saving mode and really interested in the DX150 or the Opus#1s. Not sure if a single sd card slot will be deciding factor.

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #6,289 of 36,382
I just tried the PM6's again in order to test the 16 core cable I got for aliexpress (Did a resoldering job on the terminations, boy was it a piss poor job) and I'm shocked at how narrow the soundstage is compared to the R1's... I don't know if it's because I'm not getting a proper seal, but I'm used to wide and airy... These isolate you in a little bubble. Then I realized it had the green filters on... Slapped in the silver filters.

Holy crap! THIS is how the PM6 should be listened to. None of those dampening filters nonsense. Sure it's fun to get a sound adapted to your tastes with the filters, I just feel like if you build something, make sure it sounds good with no modifications. THEN supply filters for people to have fun with.

Glad to see these actually have some torq.

IMHO the only filters that worked for me on the Trinity series' were the silvers. With the IC3 this meant some song had tubby or bloated bass, but it was the only filter that I felt didn't sound artificial or "choked".

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #6,292 of 36,382
For me 2 memory card slots is a must , I have nearly 350gb of music currently on 2 x 200gb cards and getting bigger each week. The x7ii and cayin n5ii are my choices at the moment for this main reason (800gb possibility) otherwise I would probably consider dx200 but I'm not rushing as I still realy like my opus1.I have looked at the 1s and spoke too a couple of owners one of which owned 1 and 1s he told me there's not a huge difference and if he had the choice again he would of stuck with the 1, others have told me it's a warmer sig and doesn't seem as detailed but again others have told me it's better.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #6,293 of 36,382
Interesting how many of us here have old school Yamaha orthos too. I've got a pair of HP-3 myself.

This thread should be renamed "Birds of a Feather". :D

HP-3 has a 46mm driver vs the HP-1 that has a 55mm and nominal load vs max load is 1W/3W for the HP-3 and 3W/10W for the HP-1... I'm wondering to what extent there's a difference in sound quality. Range is the same for both (20hz to 20khz), both have 150 impedance.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #6,294 of 36,382
For me 2 memory card slots is a must , I have nearly 350gb of music currently on 2 x 200gb cards and getting bigger each week. The x7ii and cayin n5ii are my choices at the moment for this main reason (800gb possibility) otherwise I would probably consider dx200 but I'm not rushing as I still realy like my opus1.I have looked at the 1s and spoke too a couple of owners one of which owned 1 and 1s he told me there's not a huge difference and if he had the choice again he would of stuck with the 1, others have told me it's a warmer sig and doesn't seem as detailed but again others have told me it's better.

See, I just need an unlimited mobile data plan and I can use my NAS as a streaming box anywhere. :) No more need for expensive storage!

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #6,297 of 36,382
does it bother anyone else when IEMs have a bass emphasis to them? bass is already really strong with a headphone inside of your ear and sometimes it gets to be a bit much, at least on my SE215s

I could see where that would bother some if that isn't the sound profile you like. Have you tried to EQ out some of the sub/mid bass? I myself am an admitted basshead, and my desired sound is getting the most clean sub bass without bleeding into some great mids and highs, so I EQ extra in.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #6,298 of 36,382
does it bother anyone else when IEMs have a bass emphasis to them? bass is already really strong with a headphone inside of your ear and sometimes it gets to be a bit much, at least on my SE215s

Hi, and welcome to the thread :)

I have to say, I would identify myself as something of an (audiophile) bass head.
That being said, I really don't like it when bass is overemphasised and/or poorly implemented.
Given a choice between an IEM that sounds great but is lacking in bass, and another where the bass bleeds into the mids or sounds boomy and unfocused, I'd choose the former every time :)

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #6,299 of 36,382
Ahem.. I just thought I'd leave these here:

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back