The Audio Lounge
Oct 1, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #3,916 of 36,059

Happy Sunday everyone. Sharing a little Cry of Love.

Enjoy...

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #3,917 of 36,059
Yes, mother of bass indeed. Like putting a subwoofer in your ears. Though I never felt like I needed to take them out even after several EDM songs. I think what you listened to prior makes quite the difference as well. I had listened to my Supra for a couple days before the M7 Pro and so the bass quantity was quite the shock. After a few hours listening though, didn't have too much issue with the bass quantity, though it was still of course notably far north of neutral. It could use a little refinement, but really, my biggest issue with it would probably be that it costs $150 MSRP. I think $100 on par with the Pinnacle P2 would've been a good price point. Can't really cannibalize sales since the P2 and M7 Pro have completely different sound signatures, and therefore, different demographics. I'm loving my P2, it's a keeper for me. Bass is tighter than on the M7 Pro with obviously less quantity and it has an overall more natural feeling with actually better detail retrieval and sounds like a generally more cohesive IEM. Shame it wouldn't work for you uses since the driver vent is on the top of the shell facing the outside rather than on the inside facing the ear like it is on the P1 and PX.
Probably not IMO. If the PM6 is indeed like the Hunter, but with a little less fidelity, then you're covered. Which, like the P1 it's based on, speaks volumes about how good of an IEM for the price the PX is.

$150 really was hard to swallow for those things, I'll see how it goes with the M7 for the next few weeks and worse case scenario I'll see if I can sell them for a loss and pick up the P2 or another IEM with an acrylic shell and modify the position of the vent port

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,920 of 36,059
What happened to Kanoa? I didn't follow that Crowdfund.

It was a SCAM! They went silent several days ago and posted today that they are bust. After receiving about 10M preorders. Interesting that the only way to get a refund is after you receive your earbuds.

Don't think it is a scam just bad planning and over expectations.

Apparently it was not really crowdfunding at all. But it may have been a blend of scam and stupid.

Over on the main Kanoa thread, I've posted a good background article published today by the Silicon Valley newspaper:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kanoa-pre-order-and-discussions.798013/page-3#post-13756821

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #3,922 of 36,059
Apparently it was not really crowdfunding at all. But it may have been a blend of scam and stupid.

Over on the main Kanoa thread, I've posted a good background article published today by the Silicon Valley newspaper:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kanoa-pre-order-and-discussions.798013/page-3#post-13756821

It's funny how crowdfundings lure in people with "preorder" claims and then suddenly start messing up and postponing shipping and then blame it on the crowdfunding nature of things when people get frustrated. Reminds me of a certain company that helped this thread from starting. :p

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #3,923 of 36,059
It's funny how crowdfundings lure in people with "preorder" claims and then suddenly start messing up and postponing shipping and then blame it on the crowdfunding nature of things when people get frustrated. Reminds me of a certain company that helped this thread from starting. :p
Imagine if Kanoa used the next week TM.

That certain company might even sue Kanoa for stealing their trademark.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #3,924 of 36,059
Technically it wasn't crowdfunding, as it was direct preorders on their own website only. Not that campaigns on Kickstarter and Indiegogo are perfect... I wonder if I'll ever see my ADEL Drum Bionic Earbuds.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,925 of 36,059

I was following the progress of Kanoa since I was interested in a wireless IEM but I was not interested in pre-ordering. From what I read before they shut down they kept missing their promised dates. I felt sorry for all the people who supported them and lost money.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,926 of 36,059
I was following the progress of Kanoa since I was interested in a wireless IEM but I was not interested in pre-ordering. From what I read before they shut down they kept missing their promised dates. I felt sorry for all the people who supported them and lost money.
I also live near Flex, the company that manufactured prototypes for Kanoa. Funny there's meritronics and bunch of other manufacturers there too.

They probably were thinking Kanoa was shady as well. Since they only got orders for 25 units no more.

I also feel bad for the people who lost a lot of money on something like this.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #3,927 of 36,059
I also live near Flex, the company that manufactured prototypes for Kanoa. Funny there's meritronics and bunch of other manufacturers there too.

They probably were thinking Kanoa was shady as well. Since they only got orders for 25 units no more.

I also feel bad for the people who lost a lot of money on something like this.

25 prototypes in a non-production environment. Probably intended as samples for reviewers, to try overcoming the two reviews they'd gotten so far: one "trash" and one "meh".

To move into full production they'd have had to pay Flex for tooling — molds, jigs, and such — and probably couldn't afford it. Sad.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,928 of 36,059
25 prototypes in a non-production environment. Probably intended as samples for reviewers, to try overcoming the two reviews they'd gotten so far: one "trash" and one "meh".

To move into full production they'd have had to pay Flex for tooling — molds, jigs, and such — and probably couldn't afford it. Sad.
Molds cost a lot too. I remember seeing wizard of noble say it cost thousands for a special mold, hence why their entire lineup uses same shell.

Definitely a lot of things Kanoa probably couldn't afford. They'd have to pay Overtime, equipment needed to main production and all sorts for the amount of customers they had to give products to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back