The Audio Lounge
Sep 30, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,906 of 36,059
Any body get the Monoprice M300 planar IEMs yet? Says they are available on website.

I had an email there in stock as I signed up to it but not purchased yet as I'm still buying my stack i will purchase at some point though.
I have decided to buy magni 3 and modi multibit rather than jot or valhalla2 combos, magni 3 is getting some good praise comparisons to jot but slightly warmer and not as bright, not as dynamic but they reckon very close and a bargain at a quarter of the price. I have sort of ordered one as I am waiting on email to be alerted when back in stock in uk then will buy directly as there selling pretty quick.

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #3,907 of 36,059
My M7Pro just came in today. Holy mother of bass.

Used my spiral dots stuffed with kombi rings and set the steep lowpass filter on my X3ii to get less magnitude and more definition out of the lows. They were still generating too much pressure for comfort so I eq'd down 33-500 Hz bands somewhere between 1 and 2 dB, and upped 8-16kHz by 1 dB.

Now I'm pretty happy with them (for what I intend to use them for). The shells feel tiny and are really comfortable, cable is baby smooth with zero microfonics and cable components are extremely beefy.

Sep 30, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #3,908 of 36,059
My M7Pro just came in today. Holy mother of bass.

Used my spiral dots stuffed with kombi rings and set the steep lowpass filter on my X3ii to get less magnitude and more definition out of the lows. They were still generating too much pressure for comfort so I eq'd down 33-500 Hz bands somewhere between 1 and 2 dB, and upped 8-16kHz by 1 dB.

Now I'm pretty happy with them (for what I intend to use them for). The shells feel tiny and are really comfortable, cable is baby smooth with zero microfonics and cable components are extremely beefy.
That clear acrylic shell looks really nice too! all dem internals!

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #3,910 of 36,059
That clear acrylic shell looks really nice too! all dem internals!

They do look great, but they could've done better soundwise, I don't know if anyone could bear this level of bass for more than a couple songs without eq'ing. At this price point it's also lacking in texture and definition, it feels pretty unrefined (straight out the box)

I've never done this before, but I think I will let them play for a few days in my spare bedroom, and hope some magic to the dynamic driver happens, maybe it relaxes or something

Makes me wander what the M6 pro sounded like, and why they felt the need for such a sheer volume of bass

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #3,912 of 36,059
They do look great, but they could've done better soundwise, I don't know if anyone could bear this level of bass for more than a couple songs without eq'ing. At this price point it's also lacking in texture and definition, it feels pretty unrefined (straight out the box)

I've never done this before, but I think I will let them play for a few days in my spare bedroom, and hope some magic to the dynamic driver happens, maybe it relaxes or something

Makes me wander what the M6 pro sounded like, and why they felt the need for such a sheer volume of bass
Yes, mother of bass indeed. Like putting a subwoofer in your ears. Though I never felt like I needed to take them out even after several EDM songs. I think what you listened to prior makes quite the difference as well. I had listened to my Supra for a couple days before the M7 Pro and so the bass quantity was quite the shock. After a few hours listening though, didn't have too much issue with the bass quantity, though it was still of course notably far north of neutral. It could use a little refinement, but really, my biggest issue with it would probably be that it costs $150 MSRP. I think $100 on par with the Pinnacle P2 would've been a good price point. Can't really cannibalize sales since the P2 and M7 Pro have completely different sound signatures, and therefore, different demographics. I'm loving my P2, it's a keeper for me. Bass is tighter than on the M7 Pro with obviously less quantity and it has an overall more natural feeling with actually better detail retrieval and sounds like a generally more cohesive IEM. Shame it wouldn't work for you uses since the driver vent is on the top of the shell facing the outside rather than on the inside facing the ear like it is on the P1 and PX.

Owning most of Trinity's IEM, including the Master 6, Master and Icarus III, would I benefit from getting the Mee X Massdrop Pinnacle PX?
Probably not IMO. If the PM6 is indeed like the Hunter, but with a little less fidelity, then you're covered. Which, like the P1 it's based on, speaks volumes about how good of an IEM for the price the PX is.

Oct 1, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #3,913 of 36,059

The M6 Pro is not so a basshead. I would say u-shaped and warm sounding, not really neutral and the highs sometimes a bit harsh (to me), but for the money a real good fun IEM.

Good morning folks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back