The Audio Lounge
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #3,811 of 36,059
@OldDude04 @Midgetguy I need help, My Delta 2's I've been using for cycling dropped the connector into the press-fit shell since it's only glued in.

I'm looking at the Fiio F9, MEE M7Pro, and Pinnacle PX which is on massdrop right now. None of those have vent ports on the outside of the body which is important to me due to wind noise.

Soundwise I just want damn good bass, lively mids, and easy highs. They need to breathe some life into me while I'm dying out there for tens of hours each week.

I don't really care for braided cables that aren't sheathed since they're hard to clean and unwind after flapping in the wind but it's not a deal breaker. I don't have a preference as to brand, drivers, materials, looks, connectors, and whatever else.

Speaking of foams, CA sells their marshallow foams in black and blue/red which are by far my favorite due to comfort/longevity/staying clean. I use similar foamies for riding as the symbios, I cut 3M foam tips to size for each ear respectively and put a hole in them with a hole punch, dirt cheap and excellent for exercising.
I'm going to get around to making some more soon once I get new riding IEMs, I can send some out for postage if anyone wants to give them a try since I'll be already at it, just need the OD of your preference for each or both ears

EDIT: I traded my X5II for an X3II so that's been my source while riding, pretty even and average across the board (since pairing sometimes matters)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3,812 of 36,059
@OldDude04 @Midgetguy I need help, My Delta 2's I've been using for cycling dropped the connector into the press-fit shell since it's only glued in.

I'm looking at the Fiio F9, MEE M7Pro, and Pinnacle PX which is on massdrop right now. None of those have vent ports on the outside of the body which is important to me due to wind noise.

Soundwise I just want damn good bass, lively mids, and easy highs. They need to breathe some life into me while I'm dying out there for tens of hours each week.

I don't really care for braided cables that aren't sheathed since they're hard to clean and unwind after flapping in the wind but it's not a deal breaker. I don't have a preference as to brand, drivers, materials, looks, connectors, and whatever else.

Speaking of foams, CA sells their marshallow foams in black and blue/red which are by far my favorite due to comfort/longevity/staying clean. I use similar foamies for riding as the symbios, I cut 3M foam tips to size for each ear respectively and put a hole in them with a hole punch, dirt cheap and excellent for exercising.
I'm going to get around to making some more soon once I get new riding IEMs, I can send some out for postage if anyone wants to give them a try since I'll be already at it, just need the OD of your preference for each or both ears

The reviews of the F9 are really good. I enjoyed my MEE EDM Universe D1P's when I had them (my kid stole them because he liked the look), they had great bass and highs, ok mids. I've never heard the Pinnacle P1 which the PX are based on, but I've heard from people here in this thread that they lack bass, so they may not be for you.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,813 of 36,059
The reviews of the F9 are really good. I enjoyed my MEE EDM Universe D1P's when I had them (my kid stole them because he liked the look), they had great bass and highs, ok mids. I've never heard the Pinnacle P1 which the PX are based on, but I've heard from people here in this thread that they lack bass, so they may not be for you.

Sweet thanks, is there anything else out there I should be looking at? I'm really open to anything as long as the vent port is not in freestream and the sound is on point for riding

I just saw that they are $5.70 in purple on amazon, can't do over the ear, I'm wandering if they'll stay in with that shape

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #3,814 of 36,059

EDIT: I traded my X5II for an X3II so that's been my source while riding, pretty even and average across the board (since pairing sometimes matters)
Out of those 3, based on a mix of reading and personal experience, the M7 Pro is going to be what you want. I know the PX is going to be light on bass and from what I've read, the F9 is a balanced sound signature. And so, M7 Pro. I'd say the P2, but it's vent is on sort of the top outside unlike where the vent is for the P1 and PX so the P2 wouldn't be a suitable choice, though it have fantastic sound. Not sure about what else to recommend; the list of IEMs of listened to is very limited.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,815 of 36,059
Sweet thanks, is there anything else out there I should be looking at? I'm really open to anything as long as the vent port is not in freestream and the sound is on point for riding

I just saw that they are $5.70 in purple on amazon, can't do over the ear, I'm wandering if they'll stay in with that shape

Oh, I would definitely not use the D1P for your riding, the shape would be horrible and the vent is at the front. I was more using them as an example of what warm tilted MEE's are capable of and I was thinking the MEE M7Pro would be the better of those 3 you'd originally listed.

Edit: $5.70 is a great price for the D1P's, even if you didn't use them for riding.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,817 of 36,059
I see them Symbios are on for the testing @Layman1. :ksc75smile:

Sharp eyes my friend :D
Yes, I've been listening to them exclusively since I got them :)
Not 100% sure about the fit and comfort. They felt fine at first, but my left ear is a bit troublesome in terms of fit and pressure affecting it when I put ear tips in.
The Symbio was giving me a bit of discomfort in my left ear, but to be fair, that happens with almost every tip I try, except perhaps soft memory foam ones that aren't too large.

Having said all that, they still sound fantastic, like a breath of fresh air. Scented with the gentle aroma of WIN :p

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #3,818 of 36,059
Oh, I would definitely not use the D1P for your riding, the shape would be horrible and the vent is at the front. I was more using them as an example of what warm tilted MEE's are capable of and I was thinking the MEE M7Pro would be the better of those 3 you'd originally listed.

Edit: $5.70 is a great price for the D1P's, even if you didn't use them for riding.
If we're talking $5 earphones, I just got a pair of VE Monk Plus (admittedly the $30 version with a balanced silver-plated-copper cable).
Either way, they offer legendary bang for the buck.
With the right foams, I imagine isolation and wind might not be an issue, but I haven't tested this lol
The only downside is you can't stick Symbio tips on them :wink:

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,820 of 36,059
Out of those 3, based on a mix of reading and personal experience, the M7 Pro is going to be what you want. I know the PX is going to be light on bass and from what I've read, the F9 is a balanced sound signature. And so, M7 Pro. I'd say the P2, but it's vent is on sort of the top outside unlike where the vent is for the P1 and PX so the P2 wouldn't be a suitable choice, though it have fantastic sound. Not sure about what else to recommend; the list of IEMs of listened to is very limited.

Well it's well known that Pods no where near a Bas-A-Holic but once again I find my MD PX 's to have plenty of bass for my liking, saw no mention of tips and solid seal which IMO makes all the difference in the world! Sitting here listening to a little Norman Brown "West Coast Chilin'" and not missing any bass at all:grin:

Oh Black Betty.JPG

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #3,821 of 36,059
I prefer the P2 as well. M7 are definitely bass heavy IEM's.
Yeah, not to say that the M7 Pros are a bad IEM, but there is a LOT of bass in them. I personally think the P2s have better overall qualities as well, which make the M7 Pro kind of overpriced for what it offers. Good IEM, not totally spectacular for its price bracket, but not horrible either. The P2 just happens to knock it out of the park in its lower price bracket.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #3,822 of 36,059
Well it's well known that Pods no where near a Bas-A-Holic but once again I find my MD PX 's to have plenty of bass for my liking, saw no mention of tips and solid seal which IMO makes all the difference in the world! Sitting here listening to a little Norman Brown "West Coast Chilin'" and not missing any bass at all:grin:

The P1 never fully worked out for me on the bass front, regardless of tip. Always had good seal, but to me, its character was always bass-light. Still a damn fine IEM though. I was very happy to see MEE Audio stretching in to higher price bracket with the P1 than they had before and they nailed it. Then went to yet another price bracket they had never been in before with the P2 and I think they nailed that as well.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,823 of 36,059

You are an evil, sinful man. Now I want those. But in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Might just say, "What's another $250 on top of $60k." Evil, sinful Karendar... Evil and sinful.

Very. I've sold stuff that I've bought before for one reason or another if I didn't have enough reason to keep it. I got the Noble X on the first drop and I'm not selling them.
@Midgetguy. How do the Noble X compare to the Trinity Hunter? I need reasons to NOT buy the Noble X.

Gearbest sale on ZS5 for the next 21 hours.

[URL]https://gearbest.app.link/RZlruUCbLG
Thanks. Bought. Cheaper than having Karendar send from Canada. LOL.[/url]

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,824 of 36,059
@Podster. Just got my Benjie S5, charged it up, loaded a 64G sandisc, and started listening to DSOTM.
Does the S5 have gapless? I asked in the Benjie thread, but thought I would ask you as well. Since you were the initial reason that I looked at the Benjie S5.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,825 of 36,059
I can't speak for the Hunter's @Howlin Fester as I never got on the boat for Hunter, PM6 or Airs but (I'm in the totally drama free Trinity camp) I can tell you I like my Icarus III more than my Noble X's:wink: And up until the Icarus III the Delta II's were my best Trinity:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unfortunately it's not gapless but it does have one of the shortest gaps I've experienced!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back