The Audio Lounge
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,511 of 36,059

Love Ray, awesome stuff. Just love the timber of his voice. Saw him on a booze cruise way back when out of Boston Harbor. Just so smooth.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #3,513 of 36,059
Sep 17, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #3,514 of 36,059
http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6s-plus-audio-quality.htm
Hey this is some good stuff. for those of you who have iPhone 6S.

You got a seriously good audio device. a lot of audiophile players (like mine) do not possess. This is no joke.
Ken Rockwell has some seriously interesting information.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/audiophile.htm
information about him too and his background.
It is easy to get such such ultra low distortion levels. Use massive amounts of negative feedback. There are reasons good designers don't do this.

KR also tests cameras. You may not want to mention him in a camera forum.

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #3,515 of 36,059
It is easy to get such such ultra low distortion levels. Use massive amounts of negative feedback. There are reasons good designers don't do this.

KR also tests cameras. You may not want to mention him in a camera forum.
I definitely agree with you on his positions with cameras with canon as well.

But about negative feedback, here's a page on it
Screenshot_255.png

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #3,516 of 36,059
Alessandro MS Pro's just arrived. Sitting here with X7ii, MS Pros and Bonamassa live from Vienna Opera House. Doesn't get much better than this. Didn't realise how much i missed that Grado/Alessandro sound.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3,518 of 36,059
Alessandro MS Pro's just arrived. Sitting here with X7ii, MS Pros and Bonamassa live from Vienna Opera House. Doesn't get much better than this. Didn't realise how much i missed that Grado/Alessandro sound.

I just saw Joe Bonamassa not too long ago, tickets are always insanely expensive but it was an excellent performance. The sound was a surprise, very lean bass and really bright/upper-mid focused, exactly the opposite of what I was expecting

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #3,520 of 36,059
The Grados don't tend to have a lot of sub-bass (very open), but mid-bass is good, and can be enhanced through use of mods. The mid-range and lower treble is what i like about them. Very energetic and putting you up on stage rather than in the audience.

Hey brooko can you post a photo of that setup!

Yeah - I have to get camera out later on, so will see what I can do :)

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #3,521 of 36,059
Bonamassa is brilliant - would thoroughly recommend two live albums as an entry point.

Either:
Live From Nowhere In Particular
Or:
An acoustic evening at the Vienna Opera House

The first is just raw energy and amazing guitar and vocals. Second is more refined and amazing acoustics of the venue.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,524 of 36,059

Awesome! Looking forward to more impressions, wanting to own a pair of Grados/Alessandro's again.

Sep 18, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #3,525 of 36,059
+1 for the Grados, love the few pairs I have, my favourite headphones are the Spirit Labs Twin Pulse Ragnars (a brilliant grado based headphone)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back