The Audio Lounge
Sep 2, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #2,837 of 36,059
Im happy with spiral dots M/L paying themselves off and not have to buy new ones like foam tips.

I used my M/L on the Lyra but they end up slowly and steadily disappearing in my ears with an overly deep insertion, can't even open my jaw without changing the sound. And I don't like how the Lyra sound with them, with the foam tips it's like going to a girls house that likes cooking and the house smells homely and is cozy with a great atmosphere, whereas the spiral dots are like ending up at a career woman's high rise apartment with designer furniture, bare concrete walls and enormous windows where the kitchens only purpose is to store wine and wine glasses

I'm actually finding Trinity Kombi tips are working pretty well with a lot of my IEM collection at the moment, now I've managed to stretch the rubber cores a little and mastered the art of putting them on. Nice balance between isolation and fit, without much colouration on the sound

Not tried the Mandarins Symbio though - heard very good thinks about them as well.

I don't like the small bore of the Kombis, I find them easy to put on any IEM but the sound feels slightly congested and the bass suffers in resolution and magnitude if you ask me

I may try the symbio, it looks like they have a ~5mm bore instead of TA's ~3mm, or I may try using the Kombi rings in my Spiral dots and see if that does the trick fit- and sound-wise

That's a shame as I actually think the inairs are a lot softer than the comply , there's a lot of rubbish out there but i think the inairs are pretty good.

I tend to twist my iems into my ears instead of rolling the tips so softer may tear faster or maybe it's the exact opposite, I would like to try a pair if I can get my hands on them

I use mandarine's and also RHA bowl and KZ starline tips on most of mine

The starlines look pretty interesting, what are the RHA bowl tips?

yeah Waclaw Zimpel, the clarinetist who is Berlin based went to India and this is the result, world fusion is actually the genre

I've been listening to Wacław Zimpels LAM today and it's phenomenal

@timorinolee check out this gem:

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #2,839 of 36,059
I used my M/L on the Lyra but they end up slowly and steadily disappearing in my ears with an overly deep insertion, can't even open my jaw without changing the sound. And I don't like how the Lyra sound with them, with the foam tips it's like going to a girls house that likes cooking and the house smells homely and is cozy with a great atmosphere, whereas the spiral dots are like ending up at a career woman's high rise apartment with designer furniture, bare concrete walls and enormous windows where the kitchens only purpose is to store wine and wine glasses

I don't like the small bore of the Kombis, I find them easy to put on any IEM but the sound feels slightly congested and the bass suffers in resolution and magnitude if you ask me

I may try the symbio, it looks like they have a ~5mm bore instead of TA's ~3mm, or I may try using the Kombi rings in my Spiral dots and see if that does the trick fit- and sound-wise

I tend to twist my iems into my ears instead of rolling the tips so softer may tear faster or maybe it's the exact opposite, I would like to try a pair if I can get my hands on them

The starlines look pretty interesting, what are the RHA bowl tips?

I've been listening to Wacław Zimpels LAM today and it's phenomenal

@timorinolee check out this gem:

Lucky for me! Andromeda is bigger than Lyra II.

I had that issue with MS Spiral dots, if you eat or drink or talk, the seal makes that PSHHH sound and it opens up and closes.

Andromeda is big enough to fully push in and enclose the seal perfectly. I can eat, talk drink, or even laugh and still have a perfect seal.

I'm at the library right now, and notice Sony Walkmans are very popular! Already spotted people with Yellow, Red and Black NW-A35

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,840 of 36,059
So I just got a used CA Orion. Now compared to my trusty old Ety ER4P, I prefer the Ety. This is just off a Dell laptop.
I used to like Etymotic ER3, had long time ago. I used to like it a lot!!!, great detailed and surprising soundstage. But left it away when I heard the trinity Delta V-II.

Delta V-II left it in dust, like staring at a object as you drive away, it's just a spec in rearview mirror. It's was way more dynamic and much more life and body in it's sound. Etymotic ER3 just sounded Flat, and Boring, and very lifeless.

I bet ER4P is more improved than that. I haven't listened to an Ety iem in a long while.

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,841 of 36,059
Lucky for me! Andromeda is bigger than Lyra II.

I had that issue with MS Spiral dots, if you eat or drink or talk, the seal makes that PSHHH sound and it opens up and closes.

Andromeda is big enough to fully push in and enclose the seal perfectly. I can eat, talk drink, or even laugh and still have a perfect seal.

I'm at the library right now, and notice Sony Walkmans are very popular! Already spotted people with Yellow, Red and Black NW-A35
Can you see any Fiio X7s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #2,842 of 36,059
Can you see any Fiio X7s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Mine is only blinking blue light one! None else seen. Currently listening to new Mogwai Album and I/O album posted by others in this thread.

Too lazy to take another photo. So using one I took 2 hours ago at library haha.
20170902_101814.jpg

Meh uploaded now lol
20170902_134244.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,848 of 36,059
Sep 2, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #2,849 of 36,059
IMG_7084.JPG
Nice guitar! My brain is telling me it's either a Martin or Maton.
If only it was a Martin or Maton, it's a Framus FD 12S, spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck with Grover machine heads. It's 26 years old now and plays beautifully. We have a couple of Taylor's (214s) which sound great but I think this old Framus is more to my liking. I think I got lucky and got a really nice guitar, as you probably know, it's all in the wood and no two are the same. Thanks for your comment, appreciated

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,850 of 36,059

If only it was a Martin or Maton, it's a Framus FD 12S, spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck with Grover machine heads. It's 26 years old now and plays beautifully. We have a couple of Taylor's (214s) which sound great but I think this old Framus is more to my liking. I think I got lucky and got a really nice guitar, as you probably know, it's all in the wood and no two are the same. Thanks for your comment, appreciated

There's always something beautiful with vintage guitars and their wood tonality/quality. Well at the end of the day it comes down to what you like, regardless of the brand. :) Awesome stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back