The Audio Lounge
Sep 2, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #2,821 of 36,059
hehe! Thanks!

@majo123 yeah I just read up reviews on other amps, it seems they are all warm somehow. AM3 seems like AM1 but slightly improved it seems.
Funny XD'

I haven't listened to other amps. But I think it's cause Andromeda is so easy to run, even something as low powered as AM1 can run it. But hey 9+ hour battery life :D

I have just been for a walk with x7/am1 and new primacy pairing.
Might be a good match for me as i find the primacy a little warm with am2
Will do some more experimenting with modules later as I bought the primacy to pair with x7 realy .

Attachments

• 20170902_091817.jpg
    20170902_091817.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,822 of 36,059
For those that are interested in @JustBobski 's latest model, I'm just writing up all my notes now, so should have something good to go early next week. It's been a very satisfying 10 days with the IEMs, and I don't want to start any hype trains, but I will say that for me personally, this is the most enjoyable and balanced Bob-tuned IEM I've heard (factoring in that I haven't heard the Icarus III or either Delta model - I'm discounting the PM6 as I already have the Hunter). I'll leave any of the politics/past history to the side, and just say that I'm happy to take what he has told me via PM at face value about how IMR intend to work, so will leave it to everyone to form their own opinions about that.

Bottom line - don't expect "flagship killer at 10% of the price" style performance, but IMHO it will compete well in the chosen price bracket, and the filters and openable port allow a more subtle but better implemented tuning capability. The tuning seems to have moved more towards a Campfire Audio style "musical" or analog sound rather than the hyper-analytical sound of the Hunters, and it's something I very much prefer. Again, in the interests of anti-hype, please not that doesn't mean it sounds exactly like a CA iem - in fact, the R1 doesn't sound much like any IEM I have heard before, which is a good thing. There is plenty of thick textured bass if you want it, and the mids and treble are clear and smooth, with plenty of clarity. It resolves well, but doesn't accentuate micro-detail, so won't be classified as a detail monster, but at the same time doesn't sound veiled or lacking to me either, giving off an almost tube-style sound with genuine weight and depth. For me, it's an improvement on the Hunter in many areas, and has the chops to be viable in the current IEM market at the price.

Will post a full review up next week, but until then, here are some shots from comparisons I did that probably won't make the final cut (note - filters, cable and detailing on open.closed port will all be slightly different in the production model). Happy weekend all!

IMG_20170819_153843131_HDR - watermark.jpg
IMG_20170819_154042190_HDR - watermark.jpg
IMG_20170819_154121042_HDR - watermark.jpg
IMG_20170831_131414039_HDR - watermark.jpg

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #2,823 of 36,059
For those that are interested in @JustBobski 's latest model, I'm just writing up all my notes now, so should have something good to go early next week. It's been a very satisfying 10 days with the IEMs, and I don't want to start any hype trains, but I will say that for me personally, this is the most enjoyable and balanced Bob-tuned IEM I've heard (factoring in that I haven't heard the Icarus III or either Delta model - I'm discounting the PM6 as I already have the Hunter). I'll leave any of the politics/past history to the side, and just say that I'm happy to take what he has told me via PM at face value about how IMR intend to work, so will leave it to everyone to form their own opinions about that.

Bottom line - don't expect "flagship killer at 10% of the price" style performance, but IMHO it will compete well in the chosen price bracket, and the filters and openable port allow a more subtle but better implemented tuning capability. The tuning seems to have moved more towards a Campfire Audio style "musical" or analog sound rather than the hyper-analytical sound of the Hunters, and it's something I very much prefer. Again, in the interests of anti-hype, please not that doesn't mean it sounds exactly like a CA iem - in fact, the R1 doesn't sound much like any IEM I have heard before, which is a good thing. There is plenty of thick textured bass if you want it, and the mids and treble are clear and smooth, with plenty of clarity. It resolves well, but doesn't accentuate micro-detail, so won't be classified as a detail monster, but at the same time doesn't sound veiled or lacking to me either, giving off an almost tube-style sound with genuine weight and depth. For me, it's an improvement on the Hunter in many areas, and has the chops to be viable in the current IEM market at the price.

Will post a full review up next week, but until then, here are some shots from comparisons I did that probably won't make the final cut (note - filters, cable and detailing on open.closed port will all be slightly different in the production model). Happy weekend all!

That is good news for bob and us!

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,824 of 36,059
Lyra torture test has begun, the only times they're not in my ears are when im showering a or attending a lecture

IMG_0922.JPG

They really do sound the best and are most comfortable with big foams as advised by CA. I think they said they're comply foams but they don't feel as soft, I actually prefer Trinity foams and need to ask @JustBobski where they get them from or who the manufacturer is

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,825 of 36,059
Well i opened up my 70s audio technica planars and my initial impressions is there is no loose wires or bad soldering, which sadly means it possibly is a blown driver.
my next try when I have time is to swap drivers over to make sure it's not a broken wire in the cable structure and also that the ring on the 1/4" jack is terminating internally properly , once I have done this if still no sound then pretty much sure it's the driver.

Edit ...i don't have a buzzer.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,826 of 36,059
Lyra torture test has begun, the only times they're not in my ears are when im showering a or attending a lecture

They really do sound the best and are most comfortable with big foams as advised by CA. I think they said they're comply foams but they don't feel as soft, I actually prefer Trinity foams and need to ask @JustBobski where they get them from or who the manufacturer is

Have you tried inairs foams??? There pretty soft and I used them on my pinnacle p1s

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,827 of 36,059
Have you tried inairs foams??? There pretty soft and I used them on my pinnacle p1s

Looks like they only sell them in the UK and in Germany

A pair of foams lasts me ~ 2 weeks at this tempo. Comply foams degrading and losing expansion in ~ 2 weeks (even with cleaning), campfire foams tearing and breaking away from core in about 2 weeks, and Trinity foams hanging on for ~2-3 weeks

An album my friend turned me onto yesterday:

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #2,829 of 36,059
I'm actually finding Trinity Kombi tips are working pretty well with a lot of my IEM collection at the moment, now I've managed to stretch the rubber cores a little and mastered the art of putting them on. Nice balance between isolation and fit, without much colouration on the sound

Not tried the Mandarins Symbio though - heard very good thinks about them as well.

Sep 2, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #2,830 of 36,059
I'm actually finding Trinity Kombi tips are working pretty well with a lot of my IEM collection at the moment, now I've managed to stretch the rubber cores a little and mastered the art of putting them on. Nice balance between isolation and fit, without much colouration on the sound

Not tried the Mandarins Symbio though - heard very good thinks about them as well.

Those mandarins look pretty good and I have read a few posts of others rating them.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,833 of 36,059
Looks like they only sell them in the UK and in Germany

A pair of foams lasts me ~ 2 weeks at this tempo. Comply foams degrading and losing expansion in ~ 2 weeks (even with cleaning), campfire foams tearing and breaking away from core in about 2 weeks, and Trinity foams hanging on for ~2-3 weeks

An album my friend turned me onto yesterday:

Fantastic album, got it a couple of months ago and this is my kind of Jazz

Sep 2, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #2,835 of 36,059
yeah Waclaw Zimpel, the clarinetist who is Berlin based went to India and this is the result, world fusion is actually the genre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back