The Audio Lounge
Aug 18, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #1,712 of 36,060

Haha Nostalgia Friday, notice I still use 'haha' instead of 'lol'

Thought I'd start out Friday night decently. Just out of work and sitting with some tunes and a Bissell Bros. beer from Maine.
X5iii and IT03.

Those look smoooooooth, I love the color of the on-screen buttons on the 3rd gens, makes my 2nd gen look like 2001 haha

Work isn't so bad tonight

I always cringe when he mentions facebook in that song :confounded: can't even get away from it in music :sob:

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,713 of 36,060
20951922_10209746753320849_1366873437_o.jpg

And a bottle of Chum Churum :beerchug:

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #1,714 of 36,060
All I'd suggest is for people intending to deal with IMR:
  • go into it with open eyes
  • stick to 1 purchase at a time
  • give Bob a chance to prove he's the real deal - and lets see what he can come up with...
... blackmail him into producing the reincarnation of the Icarus II DAP and giving it on 50% preorder with immediate shipping... :p

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #1,715 of 36,060
... blackmail him into producing the reincarnation of the Icarus II DAP and giving it on 50% preorder with immediate shipping... :p

Perfectly happy with X5iii and iPhone SE :wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #1,719 of 36,060
Even I prefer to listen to headphones before getting it.
If you are waiting till November and as you are in Melbourne, I guess you can give this a shot.
http://hifishow.com.au
I am not sure which all brands are going to be there, but I am planning to go there.
I have no clue what to expect. hope it's going to be interesting.:L3000:

I guess Eric Chansons tube desktop amps might be worth checking out, he is an aussie, selling on ebay and locally, I suppose...

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #1,720 of 36,060
Perfectly happy with X5iii and iPhone SE :wink:

Well, I happen to run the Iphone SE, with the addition of the Dragonfly red... and the connection (Camera adapter 3, a new, bulkier one, with cable and etc. in conjuction with the case of the Iphone) feels a bit incovenient summer time, when out for a walk.... SQ is good, not as good as of the MacBook Pro, with the same DAC/Amp, yet quite good with both the Master and Icarus III...
Yet, can't beat the ancient Iriver IFP 799T for the convenience, but I am looking into purchasing something which is up to date... HE-AAC format is something of an issue, and I do hope the chinese Ruizu A50 DAP, or the Shanling M1 both do decode and support even the HE-AAC... But hoping even more for the Icarus II...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #1,722 of 36,060
yeah Campfire Audio includes them free in each new product now!

Oh yeah, Campfire Audio Andromeda... since they are WELL within my price range - well, I would be willing to order...

... the cable only...

... if it is still free... :D

... let's just say that I'm perfectly happy with the Icarus III & Master of my portable and other sources... I wouldn't want to even try the Andromeda and then spend the rest of my days crying...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #1,723 of 36,060
Oh yeah, Campfire Audio Andromeda... since they are WELL within my price range - well, I would be willing to order...

... the cable only...

... if it is still free... :D

... let's just say that I'm perfectly happy with the Icarus III & Master of my portable and other sources... I wouldn't want to even try andromeda and then spend the rest of my days crying...
You shouldn't. I highly recommend you do not.
Because Andromeda is going to put all your iems you have right now, into a grinder. Then Andromeda, she will take those remains, and put them on the afterburner of a Atlas Rocket by NASA and purgatory them with the wrath a thousand hells.

After listening to Lyra II and Jupiter, it is very hard for me to go back to bang for buck iems.

It's best for your own sanity imo. And most importantly your wallet. If you still wish to have a GF that is!!!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #1,724 of 36,060
You shouldn't. I highly recommend you do not.
Because Andromeda is going to put all your iems you have right now, into a grinder. Then Andromeda, she will take those remains, and put them on the afterburner of a Atlas Rocket by NASA and purgatory them with the wrath a thousand hells.

After listening to Lyra II and Jupiter, it is very hard for me to go back to bang for buck iems.

It's best for your own sanity imo.

Yeah, I've had similar experience with the Grado GS1000 coupled with Quad PA One tube amp... Grado with anything else I've tried (not much admittedly) - horrid... Quad Pa One with HE400 or Senn HD700 - veiled, muddy, dark, slow, terrible...

GS1000 & Quad Pa One - pure magic... go figure...

Having in mind Andromedas price point (identical to Senn HD800) - it should better sound that good... difficult to justify that high of a price point for the IEM.. but hey, we have our Focal Utopia... 4000 € or so...

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #1,725 of 36,060
How good are the cans? Me likes! :D

They 1more H1707 just don't look nice they sound very good as well. They are also comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back