The Audio Lounge
Aug 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #1,681 of 36,058
I just want to say i have seen bob pop up on who's viewing a couple of times since this afternoon's drama....no one knows what's realy going on , trinity or trinity guise? and his r1s do look interesting and maybe will turn out to be something special.
So I hope it's not trinity guise and if so that he gets a fair chance to prove himself and move on if hes definitely not trinity then desrves it ....lets see.

There's always those beats oldude04

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,682 of 36,058
Hey all Ive been reading up reviews if a IEM sounds warm. It makes vintage instruments sound unnatural.

Im unsure if I might want Athena as its heavily warm. Multiple reviews recommend if you listen to rock or electronically processes music you are fine.

But ive been listening to ambient and vintage instruments to get some sleep and background music.

I figure. andromeda is close enough to play all genres without issues.
Plus it cost less than Athena

For enjoying music casually I don't think it will matter, if you're a cellist in a large band and need your own monitor on stage then it may matter

Actually thinking of getting the M1060's, how's the sound signature like if you don't mind me asking. And do you have the Vegan pads mod?

yes do tell, I've been curious for so long. @timorinolee you already know what to do when you get your hands on them ; ]

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,683 of 36,058
I just want to say i have seen bob pop up on who's viewing a couple of times since this afternoon's drama....no one knows what's realy going on , trinity or trinity guise? and his r1s do look interesting and maybe will turn out to be something special.
So I hope it's not trinity guise and if so that he gets a fair chance to prove himself and move on if hes definitely not trinity then desrves it ....lets see.

There's always those beats oldude04

BEATS 4 TEH WINZ!!!!!! :wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,686 of 36,058
Folks, here is "the situation":

I have missed out on preorder rebate for the Icarus II, due to not knowing at all that Icarus I is not a DAP but only a bluetooth module - it showed afterwards...
The details of the Icarus I vs. Icarus II were discussed earlier at Trinity thread and here, so I am not going to repeat any of that. I am very annoyed with myself for not making certain about
Icarus I vs. Icarus II specs, I was convinced that I did not need two DAPs ( thinking that Icarus I was DAP as well ) .

The main thing is this: I am looking for the DAP of the compact size (small size factor), good amping ability and SQ, no large screen, no android os or similar, SD slots, in other words something
similar to the upcoming Icarus II.

I wouldn't hesitate a second if the rebate for the Icarus II was offered again. As thing are as they are now, I have to start looking around. Xduoo 3 caught my attention, but 0.75 - 0.8 pitch error (too slow) in 44.1 khz recordings made me turn to other things...

Anything of the similar price range, SQ, expandability (SD slots) and small-ish form factor (no large screen), perhaps even balanced out option - please feel free to give recommendations if you know
of such device. Both here or PM, I do believe that this query might be of common interest for the headfiers.

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,687 of 36,058
Folks, here is "the situation":

I have missed out on preorder rebate for the Icarus II, due to not knowing at all that Icarus I is not a DAP but only a bluetooth module - it showed afterwards...
The details of the Icarus I vs. Icarus II were discussed earlier at Trinity thread and here, so I am not going to repeat any of that. I am very annoyed with myself for not making certain about
Icarus I vs. Icarus II specs, I was convinced that I did not need two DAPs ( thinking that Icarus I was DAP as well ) .

The main thing is this: I am looking for the DAP of the compact size (small size factor), good amping ability and SQ, no large screen, no android os or similar, SD slots, in other words something
similar to the upcoming Icarus II.

I wouldn't hesitate a second if the rebate for the Icarus II was offered again. As thing are as they are now, I have to start looking around. Xduoo 3 caught my attention, but 0.75 - 0.8 pitch error (too slow) in 44.1 khz recordings made me turn to other things...

Anything of the similar price range, SQ, expandability (SD slots) and small-ish form factor (no large screen), perhaps even balanced out option - please feel free to give recommendations if you know
of such device. Both here or PM, I do believe that this query might be of common interest for the headfiers.

You could do worse than look at the Ruizu A50hd its on here if you search it. I got mine a couple of days ago and it's not bad value for money, as is the sound quality! There are a couple of reviews up also!

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,689 of 36,058
You could do worse than look at the Ruizu A50hd its on here if you search it. I got mine a couple of days ago and it's not bad value for money, as is the sound quality! There are a couple of reviews up also!

Thank You, much appreciated, have you used this DAP with any of the Trinity IEMs ? And please, do tell (if you can) about the SQ and amping ability, always good to hear. I will check now (after a lengthy tel. call about Mac-related problems, from a friend of mine) the reviews !
Again, thank you for the tip !

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,690 of 36,058

Have read your impressions on another thread about this DAP... 15% volume setting of the Icarus III tells that there's more than enough juice coming out of it... smallish form factor... someone said a bit bass light, but overall very positive sound impressions... Having said all of that... boy do I regret missing out (completely inadvertently) on the 50% off of the Icarus II...

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,691 of 36,058
Thank You, much appreciated, have you used this DAP with any of the Trinity IEMs ? And please, do tell (if you can) about the SQ and amping ability, always good to hear. I will check now (after a lengthy tel. call about Mac-related problems, from a friend of mine) the reviews !
Again, thank you for the tip !

There are a couple of reviews on here, but I have to say that @crabdog seems to sum up pretty much what I would have said about it!
However I have tried the A50 with Icarus3, Atlas, Delta2, Master and Sabre. All Trinity iems are v.easy to drive and the A50 powers them all loudly enough for me at 20%. Tried it with VE Zen2 - 330ohm - 50% vol and Seahf - 400ohm - 40% vol (strangely). All of these sounded articulate, detailed and enjoyable, so I cannot disagree with anybody who says this is a great value little dap and well worth looking into.

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,693 of 36,058
There are a couple of reviews on here, but I have to say that @crabdog seems to sum up pretty much what I would have said about it!
However I have tried the A50 with Icarus3, Atlas, Delta2, Master and Sabre. All Trinity iems are v.easy to drive and the A50 powers them all loudly enough for me at 20%. Tried it with VE Zen2 - 330ohm - 50% vol and Seahf - 400ohm - 40% vol (strangely). All of these sounded articulate, detailed and enjoyable, so I cannot disagree with anybody who says this is a great value little dap and well worth looking into.

Any "issues" with import fees and customs (taxes) ?

Aug 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,694 of 36,058
Any "issues" with import fees and customs (taxes) ?

No, none at all, I bought mine from Penon (free shipping), they shipped it via Germany and I received it about 7or 8 days later via Royal Mail in U.K. with no duty even mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back