The Audio Lounge
Aug 16, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,471 of 36,091
Roger Roger, got a pair of the sweet red ones coming from AliEx on the proverbial "Slow Boat From":rolling_eyes: LOL

Question @JustBobski if you can answer. I dropped dime on the Techne @ 49GBP offer mostly because they were my second Trinity and I loved them (loved them you say)? Yes my 16 year old confiscated them over a year ago! My question is were these a new run or hidden old stock? Another thing I'll have to put in here is my wife has totally washed them no less than three times (I just found out) and I grabbed them from my son the other day and low and behold they still sound great:open_mouth: I mean WTH? You know the Pod Bob, say when and where and my coins on the R1:wink:

So my fellow Bud Loungers and analog lovers if you ever get around Middle Earth ping the Pod and he'll be glad to let you come and sit with him inside his big Headphone:beerchug:

That's a sweet rug, I've been rug hunting since last year

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #1,473 of 36,091
That's a sweet rug, I've been rug hunting since last year

Thanks @Miko 7 , that's my small one have a larger red based one but my chairs rode up on it all the time so it buckled:scream: Used to have it setup with both, red ones just rolled up now:rolling_eyes:

Man Cave 2014.JPG

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,475 of 36,091
$643 for the R1. Pre-order now if you want. You won't be charged until a couple weeks before it ships.
If I end up doing this, I wonder if it's going to be a more favorable conversion rate when it ships or a less favorable conversion rate compared to when I click on pre-order....

EDIT: eh, probably won't change too much....gonna sleep on the decision for a day or two, but I might very well go for it.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,476 of 36,091
If I end up doing this, I wonder if it's going to be a more favorable conversion rate when it ships or a less favorable conversion rate compared to when I click on pre-order....

That is a good question but this right here might help in your decision. I have been given the green light to let all Head-Fiers know that for the next week and I'm assuming through next Wednesday Bob is offering us a $100 discount on the R1 pre order by entering code 4111B4F5377A when you place your order (Also knowing Bob and if he hasn't already) I'm positive for those who have placed the order he will back up his discount on those orders. I know what you may be thinking but I'm sure he is not going to fall back into what happened in the past and even if this ends up being a one time offer it is classic Bob and where his heart lies, in music and fans of great sound.

Cheers
The Pod

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1,477 of 36,091
That is a good question but this right here might help in your decision. I have been given the green light to let all Head-Fiers know that for the next week and I'm assuming through next Wednesday Bob is offering us a £100 discount on the R1 pre order by entering code 4111B4F5377A when you place your order (Also knowing Bob and if he hasn't already) I'm positive for those who have placed the order he will back up his discount on those orders. I know what you may be thinking but I'm sure he is not going to fall back into what happened in the past and even if this ends up being a one time offer it is classic Bob and where his heart lies, in music and fans of great sound.

Cheers
The Pod
I just got that reply from him though the contact email as well! BTW, fixed your mistake; it's a 100-pound discount, not a 100-dollar discount. So even better! :wink:

@Miko 7, still want that timeshare? We could do a 75/25 payment split and partition the time like this: 100% me, 0% you. Final offer....I'm a selfish SOB :p Lol

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #1,479 of 36,091
Just to make sure we aren't turning this thread into the IMR Acoustics thread (we can make one later, not now since I'd prefer that people get product in hand, we all know how that's gone before), further news on the M7 Pro: I haven't listened to them for 2(!) days in a row now......based on the fear that its bass quantity will be what my mind expects to be an average amount of bass and if that happens, I'm gonna be just a bit screwed :p.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,481 of 36,091
This is highly off topic for this thread, but some may have an interest. LIVE broadcast of Metallica concert from Edmonton at 10:45ET. Watch at webcast.livemetallica.com or their YouTube channel. I can't as I must watch the final episode of "The F Word." Or for those not familiar with the previous British TV version of not into Cookery, it's by The famous chef Gordon Ramsey. For those interested, Enjoy!

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #1,482 of 36,091
Well I'm too busy enjoying listening to Bill Nelson's "The Awakening of Dr. Dream" album on my sony NW-A35 and my lowly KZ ZS5's but I'm thoroughly enthralled

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,483 of 36,091
Oh man, the R1 looks really good. No funds though sadly. :frowning2: Guess I'll miss out on the pre-order.

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #1,484 of 36,091
I am eagerly waiting for the new Fiio X3iii and the TFZ Exclusive 5 to be delivered. The wait is killing me...using my X5iii and the Simgot EN700 Bass for now.

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #1,485 of 36,091
This is highly off topic for this thread, but some may have an interest. LIVE broadcast of Metallica concert from Edmonton at 10:45ET. Watch at webcast.livemetallica.com or their YouTube channel. I can't as I must watch the final episode of "The F Word." Or for those not familiar with the previous British TV version of not into Cookery, it's by The famous chef Gordon Ramsey. For those interested, Enjoy!

Nice! Thanks for the heads up man.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back