The Audio Lounge
Sep 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #3,661 of 36,031
Budstng out the LZ-A4 today trying to finish up a well overdue review, and am rediscovering just how good they sound for the price.

A4 in the "Brooko" configuration (black back filters, pink front) and the "Best Of Both Worlds" greatest hits compilation from Van Halen - I can think of worse ways to spend an afternoon... :wink:

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #3,662 of 36,031
Budstng out the LZ-A4 today trying to finish up a well overdue review, and am rediscovering just how good they sound for the price.

A4 in the "Brooko" configuration (black back filters, pink front) and the "Best Of Both Worlds" greatest hits compilation from Van Halen - I can think of worse ways to spend an afternoon... :wink:
Making that LZ Dipper sound yummy now.

A4 is hella good for just 199

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #3,663 of 36,031
Making that LZ Dipper sound yummy now.

A4 is hella good for just 199

Yes it is. The Big Dipper is definitely on my radar to try if I ever get chance to spend some time with a pair - sadly not too easy to come across over here in the UK... :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #3,664 of 36,031

I have to agree on the merits of the A4 however I find Brooko's Blk/Pink combo to be good especially for bass enhancement for me, my ears find the right balance in balanced with the Blue Back/Gun Metal Nozz but it's just a matter of how each of us hear them:wink:

Top Rig.JPG

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,665 of 36,031
Stick this one in your iem's and smoke it; err I mean enjoy it:rolling_eyes:

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #3,667 of 36,031
Sep 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,668 of 36,031
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,669 of 36,031
Sorry man, losing that level of stuff is a shot in the man bag. I hope you're able to recover some of it from the original sources.

yeah man, the music can be replaced. just takes time. But the pics, vids, memories are what is hurting

Bummer. What happened? Did it quit spinning or something else?

yeah, i was transferring some files to my phone when i heard something strange coming from it but it was only a quick second or two. went out to have a smoke while some files were loading and when I came back to transfer some more, it wasn't showing the drive anymore. tried resetting and rebooting my comp but nothing worked.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #3,671 of 36,031
yeah man, the music can be replaced. just takes time. But the pics, vids, memories are what is hurting

yeah, i was transferring some files to my phone when i heard something strange coming from it but it was only a quick second or two. went out to have a smoke while some files were loading and when I came back to transfer some more, it wasn't showing the drive anymore. tried resetting and rebooting my comp but nothing worked.
That sucks. Had that happen long time ago. I have 3 external drives on my PC. One I keep everything on, the second I do a monthly full windows backup to and the third a weekly backup of just my stuff. I once in a blue moon copy all my stuff to a fourth drive not plugged in just in case. This post made me do that right now.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #3,673 of 36,031
That sucks. Had that happen long time ago. I have 3 external drives on my PC. One I keep everything on, the second I do a monthly full windows backup to and the third a weekly backup of just my stuff. I once in a blue moon copy all my stuff to a fourth drive not plugged in just in case. This post made me do that right now.

Ever thought about RAID ?

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #3,674 of 36,031
Ever thought about RAID ?
Yep if I wanted to buy an enclosure and some bare drives I'd build an array but I have about a dozen different external usb 3.0 drives from vendors so I use those instead. Raid arrays have their own issues. I run a DC for a company seen my share of stupid failures still need a solid backup.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #3,675 of 36,031
Yep if I wanted to buy an enclosure and some bare drives I'd build an array but I have about a dozen different external usb 3.0 drives from vendors so I use those instead. Raid arrays have their own issues. I run DC for a company seen my share of stupid failures still need a solid backup.

I abandoned reading about RAIDs some time ago, life wanted otherwise - it seems though that I will have to start with it (among other stuff) all over again...

There are different solutions for RAIDs with further levels of "redundancy", or "failsafety", so to speak, from what I remember... what you are telling in essence is that you have found
the separate drives to be the better cost/purpose solution ?

I wish actually SSDs would go down in price faster than they do, even though I would imagine they have their own issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back