The Audio Lounge
May 29, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #33,211 of 36,031
main-qimg-7bd82bb283e02f43786f6874ed698e66

May 30, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #33,212 of 36,031

May 30, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #33,214 of 36,031
Today’s news: “Connecticut exonerates victims of 17th-century witch trials”

😂
Do you think this is going to happen with reparations? They'll pay out $20M to each "victim"..... Then the government will ask all of them for refunds because no one has owned slaves for two hundred years.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #33,215 of 36,031
Do you think this is going to happen with reparations? They'll pay out $20M to each "victim"..... Then the government will ask all of them for refunds because no one has owned slaves for two hundred years.
Well Canada already paid up 24 billion to First Nations for the Royal f—-ng we gave em, the Catholic Church school killings in the hundreds and yup for systemic racism. how you make peace with your history, your people, and your soul is up to you.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #33,216 of 36,031
A precedent for contemporary witch hunts? If it takes a couple centuries from today though? Confusing. 😆

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #33,218 of 36,031
Reparations are an interesting topic. Does it also mean that all the slave traders and all the tribes in Africa, that sold their own people into slavery, should pay up to?
They are an interesting topic. I don’t know the answer. Maybe the higher up perps? What I believe is, we Europeans (including ex-Europeans) should pay up for colonialism and its consequences. It is a long invoice.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #33,219 of 36,031
They are an interesting topic. I don’t know the answer. Maybe the higher up perps? What I believe is, we Europeans (including ex-Europeans) should pay up for colonialism. It is a long invoice.
That will never happen. But I see where you're coming from. I think unleashing the Catholic Church on the population in Europe should be paid for too. Talking about witch hunts. The Inquisition was a terrible scourge for four hundred years.

May 30, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #33,220 of 36,031
That will never happen. But I see where you're coming from. I think unleashing the Catholic Church on the population in Europe should be paid for too. Talking about witch hunts. The Inquisition was a terrible scourge for four hundred years.
Yes, true. I see the obligation (like so many which are not fulfilled).

Agreed. About 50,000 in Europe vs. 11 in Connecticut. And then the orient crusades... Only one thing, unleashing the social engineers (starting in the 19th century) is as big an issue IMHO.

May 30, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #33,221 of 36,031
Reparations are an interesting topic. Does it also mean that all the slave traders and all the tribes in Africa, that sold their own people into slavery, should pay up to?
well the slaving was done by whom for who? its a slippery slope to suggest the parents are responsible for their childs forced sex trade no matter how they were slaved, traded, kidnapped. the folks that engineered the slaving are responsible, the bigger issue of systemic racism resulting from the slaving are societal issues. either make good, or don't. see what happens.

May 30, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #33,223 of 36,031
I really hate to jump for the politics and the divisive conversations but...while I agree that there needs to be recognition of crimes and atrocities committed, there will never be reparation done on a scale that corrects what has been done. It is simply a matter of money. Those who are in control of it get to decide how and why things are done, even it means rewriting certain histories to suit their own agendas. The attitudes and moralities will ebb and change, the power base that controls everything will never fade. They will not be denied their bounty. Even when you think you're winning, they'll change the rules of the game to ensure their success.

May 30, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #33,224 of 36,031
I'm going to go and play with my new tubes now.

May 30, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #33,225 of 36,031
I really hate to jump for the politics and the divisive conversations but...while I agree that there needs to be recognition of crimes and atrocities committed, there will never be reparation done on a scale that corrects what has been done. It is simply a matter of money. Those who are in control of it get to decide how and why things are done, even it means rewriting certain histories to suit their own agendas. The attitudes and moralities will ebb and change, the power base that controls everything will never fade. They will not be denied their bounty. Even when you think you're winning, they'll change the rules of the game to ensure their success.

Unfortunately true about the ruling class. Where I disagree is about the divisive part. So far we have managed to hold up a thoughtful exchange free of party politics. A “Disney Lounge” is kinda boring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back