The Audio Lounge
Apr 11, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #23,086 of 36,098
thanks heavens for dx160 and andro s as I'm laid in bed and too disabled to do much else at the minute!
20200411_181850.jpg

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #23,088 of 36,098
They apparently use the Etymotic MMCX connector, which has a slightly recessed socket, with a bit of a collar, on the earphone. This keeps a regular MMCX plug from seating securely.
EDIT:
@Richsvt - I'm pretty sure that the raised collar is plastic, so it could be fairly easily filed or sanded, so that regular MMCX connectors would fit.

I have an older 2.5mm TRRS -to- MMCX cable, that uses a plastic molded MMCX connector.
As an experiment, I took a knife and cut some plastic away from the "face", so that it's recessed a bit - which allows the connector to plug all the way into the ER2XR socket.
So my modified Balanced cable can work in the mean time, until I receive the angled Etymotic style connectors to install on a cable.

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #23,089 of 36,098

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #23,090 of 36,098
Been listening to the mtv unplugged album , what a truly amazing live album that is and probably one of my favourites...
Here's one more.

Apo logies are very tasty

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #23,091 of 36,098

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #23,092 of 36,098
@groucho69
Missing Persons and BWW almost bring me back to the MTV days. Hadn't heard those tunes in a long time...

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #23,093 of 36,098
Been a little absent. Love the music coming through, some great stuff.

I was out on a decent trail this morning early to try to avoid people. Had a mask in case I ran into someone. Was cold but a bright, clear day. Had some great tunes playing. Sometimes when I leave the player on random play all songs, it puts out just a great mix all its own. Today was one of those days. By the time I left the trail to go home, it was getting crowded, glad I went early.

I saw that the Hiby R3 Pro became available today. I may need to get one as I really miss selling my R3. That money went into getting the DX160 so no regrets on that. Just miss the sound of the R3. The M2X is a great travel player but I miss the R3 signature. It's almost my Bday so may have to treat myself...

Cheers to all, stay safe.

Hey bro, hiking trails while jamming out sounds fun. I wish we has something like that close by. I've been going out in the backyard with the dogs and walking around, but I'm starting to go a little stir crazy, lol.

Quick question: You said you saw that the Hiby R3 Pro became available today. What did you mean by that? I only ask because I've had my R3 Pro for months and was wondering if a new model had dropped.

@ everyone, hope you all are well and continue to stay safe and sane through this craziness.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #23,094 of 36,098
Apr 11, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #23,098 of 36,098
Think that's why my back got stiff and put it out, I live in a tiny apartment no garden/yard and been taking the dogs out but apart from that sitting around for 2 plus 2 weeks...not good I'm usually a lot more active.

Yeah, with a bad back lack of movement is a killer. Once you get back to mobile, finding a good stretch routine will save you man. Hope you get better soon.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #23,099 of 36,098
Yeah, with a bad back lack of movement is a killer. Once you get back to mobile, finding a good stretch routine will save you man. Hope you get better soon.
Cheers .... don't know about your end and hope you and yours are ok, but this end looks like we got weeks more of lockdown, I'm gonna have to be a bit more careful once not so stiff and do some exercise and stretch some more ...putting the andro in and out don't really count.

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #23,100 of 36,098
Cheers .... don't know about your end and hope you and yours are ok, but this end looks like we got weeks more of lockdown, I'm gonna have to be a bit more careful once not so stiff and do some exercise and stretch some more ...putting the andro in and out don't really count.

Our Governor just extended the mandatory lockdown through the end of the month. So, it looks like we're headed for weeks more as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back