The Audio Lounge
Aug 21, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,936 of 36,403
I wasn't expecting the EX5 until mid-September. So I got 2 nice packages today.

upload_2017-8-21_17-24-14.png

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,939 of 36,403
$38 for shipping and handling seems steep for a relatively short distance. They are fantastic in every way and well worth the price.Happy for you!
Thats because I ocd and pick overnight delivery lol. Dont recommend anyone to do that but I don't mind.

Someone here in iem lounge wanted my jupiters and sent me it via paypal and let me hold onto jupiters until andromeda arrives. Then I ship jupiter asap.

I will reveal who lucky person is once shipped :p

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #1,940 of 36,403
Thats because I ocd and pick overnight delivery lol. Dont recommend anyone to do that but I don't mind.

Someone here in iem lounge wanted my jupiters and sent me it via paypal and let me hold onto jupiters until andromeda arrives. Then I ship jupiter asap.

I will reveal who lucky person is once shipped :p
Considering the cost of an Andromeda, overnight shipping directly after manufacturing could be worth it in the age of 2-day Amazon shipping :p.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #1,941 of 36,403
Considering the cost of an Andromeda, overnight shipping directly after manufacturing could be worth it in the age of 2-day Amazon shipping :p.
Plus Im really happy the Andromeda/Jupiter/Orion/Nova line is made in Portland Oregon all parts. No doubt they source parts but their QC is amazing.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,943 of 36,403
@JaeYoon Can I ask why Andromeda over Vega? In the process of a Hunter cancellation and looking for something new. Thanks.
I'm a big fan of classical music along with Medieval Folk and Korean/Japanese Folk/Enka music recently, I also listen to Pop music and electronic from time to time.

Vega would not be something I want. I need those soaring highs the Andromeda provides along with the treble power.

I would recommend you get Vega if you do have the need for energetic bass. I've been recommended the bass is like a roller coaster and will send you to great beyond.

I'm not in need of that kind of bass. But I think Vega is an awesome IEM regardless. It mostly depends on what you are looking for :p

Let me know what type of music you like listening to.
Andromeda seems to provide more of a balanced sound with all three extensions working together. It also has incredible detail and clarity. Vega is also powerful iem in details but not as much as Andromeda.

one more thing, Andromeda also has a huger staging than Vega. But stealing this quote from someone "Andromeda cannot move like the Vega can, Andromeda cannot dance like vega can"

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #1,945 of 36,403
Also both my retro planars have been shipped , been doing more reading on 1970s planars the audio technica ones (pic I posted) are supposed to be pretty good and even better with baffle mod read one read that said better than most modern portables all though the post was a few years old.
I have also got some yamaha hp3 these are a bit of a gamble as they vary in sound from manufacture but hey only £17 lol.
If anyone comes across fostex original t50 or yamaha yh100 these are supposed to be awesome 70s planars.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,946 of 36,403
Cool! Planars seemed to do well in the 70's then kind of fizzled. Wonder why they never took off until now? It is understandable with electrostats. High cost, wouldn't plug into anything, not portable, etc. But planars had none of those problems in the 70's. Strange. Not like cone driver headphones were all that great back then either.

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #1,948 of 36,403
I might possibly have some rha cl1s coming....they haven't got the best reviews over the highs but if i get them then I get them for an absolute steal ....bit of eq and il use them for work so won't be long sessions .
Fingers crossed.

That iem definitely has potential, but need a powerful source to bring the driver to life, and EQ to remove the sharp edges unless that's your thing. I wasn't a huge fan of the basic tuning - too much treble. Will you be running them from your Mojo?

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #1,949 of 36,403
That iem definitely has potential, but need a powerful source to bring the driver to life, and EQ to remove the sharp edges unless that's your thing. I wasn't a huge fan of the basic tuning - too much treble. Will you be running them from your Mojo?

Possibly ...but mostly at work so probably the fiio x7 with am2 as thats my work rig.
But if i don't get them cheap I won't be buying as I have heard nixed things.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,950 of 36,403
Out of curiosity how did the rest of you get into this hobby / this website?

I was happy enough with cheap Sennheisers for years (CX300s were a staple), had tried a Kickstarter called Decibullz as I was intrigued by their home molded earphones, and then saw the Trinity Phantom Air Kickstarter.

That led me to this website, and a few other Trinity purchases, for example got the Master and the Icarus III as I was curious as to what the difference between Analytical and Emotional IEMs was.

This website then led me to Schiit Audio (Modi and Vali) for a desktop set up to see what a Tube Amp was like, and it's kind of Snowballed a bit. Hence my earlier asking about DAPs and portable Amps (which I'm still mulling over, thanks for all the advice).

Well there's my short tale, be interested to hear yours.
Back in 2007, I got myself a paire of Shure IEM (I really do not remember what model) that I absolutely loved - even though I thought I was crazy spending 100 € in an earset.
A couple years later, after my dog chewed on them, I have been looking for a replacement; Shure was then much pricier, and I went for some Klipsch that I did not like at all.
It was at the same time that the 2009 remaster for the Beatles were released - which I wanted to enjoy lossless - and that I got the Doors' Perception box set, which included DVD-A. I went looking for a solution for ripping the 24 bit audio out of these DVDs.
In order to enjoy those 24 bit file, I eventually (2012-ish) got myself a pile of Schiit (Bifrost + Lyr), as well as an AKG K701. Most of the information I could find regarding those products was from Head-Fi.
And this is how it all started...

Just wondering. Less than 5 years ago, CIEMs were what everyone seemed to feel were the ultimate. Folks wouldn't even think to consider spending $1000 on an IEM if it wasn't a CIEM. Somewhere along the way that changed. Why?
Is it because IEM tips have gotten better at sealing and comfort?
Do people just not want to deal with the fitment issues?

Is there any reason to get CIEMs anymore? I got my TF10s reshelled way back and loved them. The sound wasn't the best, but the fit and comfort was awesome. I was hoping that prices would end up coming down on customs, but instead the cost of all of the high end IEMs skyrocketed and seems to have kept CIEMs just as high.

With pretty amazing Chi-fi out there why aren't we seeing that in the CIEM market?
The thing is, your anatomy is changing over time. Your CIEMs will eventually need reshelling and, as far as I'm concerned, I am not happy neither paying again for a reshell, neither shipping back my expensive CIEMs for quite a long period of time for it to be reshelled...
Plus resell value is close to non-existant...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back