1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. DBaldock9
    Question for the vacuum tube officianados -
    Is it normal to clip, or not use, several pins on a pentode tube?
    When I had the top off of my Little Bear B4-X, I noticed that they're only using 6 of the 8 pins on 5899 tubes.
    And, I'm wondering if using all of the pins could improve the performance of the amp?
    IMG_20190715_213401.jpg
    IMG_20190715_213233.jpg
    5899 tube specs -
    http://www.r-type.org/exhib/abh0019.htm

majo123 likes this.
  2. Podster
    Well I can one up that as they'll walk their dog and just let them crap in my yard, so now I keep extra grocery bags in the foyer for when I catch them trying to get away. I've had them argue with me and one guy thought screw you and continued to walk until he realized I grabbed my shovel and was about to fling it back at him and oh did we have a change of heart then:rolling_eyes: Graciously accepted my bag and went his merry way:grin:

3. jerick70
    Wrist shots of a few of my new watches....

IMG_20190716_121257.jpg IMG_20190716_121150.jpg

Rhino73, Midgetguy, rr12267 and 3 others like this.
  4. Podster
    One of my Bumpies just told me he saw a pair of these bad mama jammas in classifieds for $110!

Opy1A4.JPG

My only reaction was what are you waiting for:rolling_eyes: The craziest part of this whole thing is they are what I'm in and listening to some Dishwalla right now:open_mouth: Cue the "Twilight Zone" music now:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5. jerick70
    Just received this watch today. I think this is my favorite.

IMG_20190716_153442.jpg

Rhino73, Midgetguy, Layman1 and 5 others like this.
  6. Podster
    A Chrono:astonished:

jerick70 likes this.
  7. timorinolee
    Very nice Hamilton! Since we're in the topic of watches, I too recently made a watch purchase.

IMG_20190714_155549.jpg

Rhino73, Light - Man, rr12267 and 3 others like this.
  8. rr12267
    That happened to me with the Hawaiian Punch jingle a long time ago. Couldn’t get that darn jingle out of my head.

Seven kinds of fruit in Hawaiian Punch .... over and over again. :anguished:

barondla, HungryPanda and OldDude04 like this.
  9. SpeakerBox
    Always seems to happen with music I hate!

10. groucho69
    I try to replace the offending ear worm with a more acceptable tune. As you prefer.

barondla likes this.
  11. SpeakerBox
    I try the same tactic, but am only successful about 50% of the time.

barondla likes this.
  12. Dobrescu George
    So I kept doing those cables reviews, but here's the video review for FH7 themsevles!! :)

Rhino73, barondla, Podster and 3 others like this.
  13. DBaldock9
    Finally decided to cut the plug off of my Beyerdynamic DT-831 Headphone cable, and replace the 3.5mm TRS with a 2.5mm TRRS.
    Currently listening to 24-Bit/192-KHz tracks from my PC -> Topping D70 DAC -> iBasso PB2 Amp (2x Burson V6 Classic; 4x BUF634P Buffers w/Class A Bias Resistor) -> DT-831, and they still sound great.
    Also took advantage the Amazon Prime Day price ($79.99), and ordered a LOXJIE P20 Full Balanced (Input to Output) Tube Hybrid Headphone Amplifier - which I intend to modify, by adding sockets to allow op-amp rolling. :ksc75smile:
    [​IMG]

Rhino73, barondla, Midgetguy and 7 others like this.
  14. OldDude04
    @jerick70 @mbwilson111 I decided to see if I could mod up some ear pads for the Nighthawk carbons. I took the plastic inserts out of my stock alcantara pads and then slid them into a regular pair of HM5 pleather pads I had sitting around, then I popped the necessary holes in them. The reason I tried this is if we can't get the original Nighthawk hybrid ear pads easily anymore, then why couldn't we use our plastic inserts with a pair of the HM5 Hybrid pads? It turned out perfectly, I'll put a couple pics below. I can't comment on sound yet, I've only done one pad and I don't have the HM5 hybrids yet, I just wanted to be sure it worked first.

6.jpg
    5.jpg

Rhino73, barondla, Midgetguy and 5 others like this.
  15. jerick70
    Cool man. You will have to give us some impressions when you get these.

I received my hybrid pads and they are nice. Still seeing how these stack up against my other pads.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    HungryPanda and OldDude04 like this.