The Audio Lounge
Apr 24, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #36,001 of 36,011
A picture of the Fatfreqs with the Eros S. The Effects Audio cable is awesome. Super thick and pliable.

PXL_20240424_190443986.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #36,002 of 36,011

Bonus:

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #36,004 of 36,011
Just got the GreyRhino cable way early. Has some great feel that matches the Melody nicely.
1713997187122.png

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #36,005 of 36,011
I went to use my Schiit Vali 2++ and the 6.3 to 3.5 adapter broke in two, leaving behind the entire outer sleeve inside the port. I cannot get a good grasp on it with tweezers without damaging the port itself. I reached to Schiit to see what the cost would be to send it back and repair. I just saw that one is on clearance for $105 and the new Vali 3 is only $159. Maybe a cheaper option to buy another. Damn, I hate our disposal society.

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #36,007 of 36,011
I went to use my Schiit Vali 2++ and the 6.3 to 3.5 adapter broke in two, leaving behind the entire outer sleeve inside the port. I cannot get a good grasp on it with tweezers without damaging the port itself. I reached to Schiit to see what the cost would be to send it back and repair. I just saw that one is on clearance for $105 and the new Vali 3 is only $159. Maybe a cheaper option to buy another. Damn, I hate our disposal society.

That sucks bro. You could go to Harbor Freight and grab a set of THESE picks. I'm sure one could help to get the remaining piece out and save you some time and money.

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #36,010 of 36,011
@jerick70 So, now that you've had 5 minutes with them, what is your initial take on the Scarlets? Lol
I got the Effect Cadmus today too. It's Christmas in April! I was having volume issues with the Eros S at work. But when I tried the Cadmus it pairs much better with the Scarlets. I wonder if there's some resistance differences between the cables? I'm going to have to do some testing with my multimeter. Also I'll have to try some of my other amps to see if they are better.

I really like the Scarlets. They require a lot more power than my other IEMs. It could be the new cables too. I have to have the M23 on high gain at 82 to have a good listening level. I'm digging the clean clear sound with lots of bass. But it's still a warmer sound. Very down my alley.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #36,011 of 36,011
I got the Effect Cadmus today too. It's Christmas in April! I was having volume issues with the Eros S at work. But when I tried the Cadmus it pairs much better with the Scarlets. I wonder if there's some resistance differences between the cables? I'm going to have to do some testing with my multimeter. Also I'll have to try some of my other amps to see if they are better.

I really like the Scarlets. They require a lot more power than my other IEMs. It could be the new cables too. I have to have the M23 on high gain at 82 to have a good listening level. I'm digging the clean clear sound with lots of bass. But it's still a warmer sound. Very down my alley.

I'm curious as well. If you do some resistance testing, post up your results.

I'm glad you're digging the Scarlets. They really do take some juice. I have to go to 90 on my M11, which is higher than any of my other IEMs. Totally worth it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back