The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
May 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #6,691 of 7,725
I read previously that the DHL web site updates were slow.

May 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #6,692 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be about two weeks. If you ordered on the 25th, it could very well be you. I would just email audio-gd to see if that Compass is yours. I didn't receive confirmation that my Compass shipped until I asked them about it.

I ordered mine on the 19th and it was shipped on the 5th and I had to email A-G yesterday to have my tracking number. The waiting time before it ships is usually 2 weeks but there is a good chance that your got shipped on the 5th also.

May 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #6,694 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with this "Currawong" guy? He goes around tormenting people for supposedly being a certain (guilty of what?) andrea?

You just can't resist painting a CrossHair on your forehead can you?

May 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #6,695 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess even though Audio-gd claimed that they had shipped it on the 4th, it was really shipped today. It says shipment picked up 5/7 in Hong Kong.

Actually the claim is correct, if you check Audio GD isn't located in Hong Kong - when he says it was shipped on 5th ( if I am not wrong), it means its left it factory for GuangZhou DHL office which is 60 kms from his factory (does that because he gets cheaper shipping rates and he passes that benefit to buyers). From Guang Zhou DHL office it travels to Hong Kong DHL office where the tracking starts, so it takes time to reach there, and also DHL is pretty late in updating their websites, the facts are very much all over the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with this "Currawong" guy? He goes around tormenting people for supposedly being a certain (guilty of what?) andrea?

As far as I know, Nothing wrong with him at all... (but then I guess I should let him reply..)

May 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #6,696 of 7,725
For those of you out there who have heard all the Audio-gd HDAMs, would you say the Sun V2 was as detailed as the Earth? I already know the Moon has less detail (at least to my ears) than the Earth HDAM.

@driftingbunnies...the same happened with my shipment. I still got it in 3 days from the time it showed on the DHL tracking.

May 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #6,697 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine on the 19th and it was shipped on the 5th and I had to email A-G yesterday to have my tracking number. The waiting time before it ships is usually 2 weeks but there is a good chance that your got shipped on the 5th also.

Thanks, i recieved my email this morning, guess i was just anxious and impatient
redface.gif

May 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #6,698 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those*/*89076HGF?><mNBV,MCZ of you out there who have heard all the Audio-gd HDAMs, would you say the Sun V2 was as detailed as the Earth? I already know the Moon has less detail (at least to my ears) than the Earth HDAM.

Yeah I'd say the Sun is as detailed...it's an illusion your getting more detail from the Sun because of the voicing. It highlights those regions (bass and treble) for better or worse (depending on the source material). IMO of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

PS : DB I hope you get your Compass ASAP...you've waited an awful long time for it.

May 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #6,700 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you out there who have heard all the Audio-gd HDAMs, would you say the Sun V2 was as detailed as the Earth? I already know the Moon has less detail (at least to my ears) than the Earth HDAM.

Of the 3, Earth has the most detail to my ears.

The way I hear it, Moon is like sitting way in the back of concert hall. Some loss of detail in the quieter parts of the music. But I'm happy to be there to listen to the music, and nobody will bother me. I can smoke a joint and relax. Good for background music while I'm working.

Earth is like sitting in the middle rows. If I were a music critic, that's where I would want to sit. I can hear every note and pick out all the instruments. I can tell if it's a good recording or a bad recording. But a little too sterile to me for regular listening.

Sun is like sitting in the front rows. It's the most exciting place to be. Because the sound is brighter, there is going to be some loss of detail in the louder parts of the music. But it sounds more like being at a live concert than in the sterile studio environment it was recorded in.
o2smile.gif

May 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #6,702 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by obentou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it normal for Audio-gd to reply so slowly?

I sent them an email yesterday around 2am HK time and they still haven't replied after a day. So much for wanting my business, lol.

Did you receive the auto-reply from them?

May 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #6,703 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by joewatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of the 3, Earth has the most detail to my ears.

The way I hear it, Moon is like sitting way in the back of concert hall. Some loss of detail in the quieter parts of the music. But I'm happy to be there to listen to the music, and nobody will bother me. I can smoke a joint and relax. Good for background music while I'm working.

Earth is like sitting in the middle rows. If I were a music critic, that's where I would want to sit. I can hear every note and pick out all the instruments. I can tell if it's a good recording or a bad recording. But a little too sterile to me for regular listening.

Sun is like sitting in the front rows. It's the most exciting place to be. Because the sound is brighter, there is going to be some loss of detail in the louder parts of the music. But it sounds more like being at a live concert than in the sterile studio environment it was recorded in.
o2smile.gif

Im really liking the moon for some live recordings. Blues, Dave Matthews, John Mayer, John Legend, it sounds great.

May 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #6,704 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you receive the auto-reply from them?

Hmm nope, I emailed to this address:

audio-gd@126.com

I requested a shipping quote to Canada for the total package and a mark down of the package to $20. No reply yet!

Oh by the way, any fellow Canadians or Americans who bought this get hit with customs fees?

May 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #6,705 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by obentou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm nope, I emailed to this address:

audio-gd@126.com

I requested a shipping quote to Canada for the total package and a mark down of the package to $20. No reply yet!

Oh by the way, any fellow Canadians or Americans who bought this get hit with customs fees?

Honestly, I would try again, or check your SPAM folder. I NEVER sent an email to that address that DIDN'T receive an auto response followed by a real response from Cherry or Kingwa shortly after. I am banking that they either didn't get the email in the first place or your reply is sitting in SPAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back