The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
May 6, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #6,676 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a few popular headphones, such as Grados and Beyers, people find that the treble is fatiguing and irritating, so the soft settings were added. IIRC connecting the jumpers adds caps into the signal path. It's not my kind of thing either, but it's a lot easier for people in this budget range to do than spend a lot of time and money buying and selling headphones and gear to find satisfaction.

Which setting uses the most direct path - is it Bright since it doesn't engage any jumpers?

May 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #6,677 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skibumef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were once three people from my same country with my name (it's not a common one) listed on the consignment page at a time when it would have made sense for my unit to be heading out- none of them were me. Sorry, it's not you on the consignment page.
frown.gif
You'll get an email when it is.

No, it actually is me. They just emailed me right now about it. They probably closed shop yesterday before they could send out all the emails. It's a pretty big relief to know that the one shipping is actually mine and not someone with my first name who ordered around the same time as me. Here's hoping I get to listen to it before leaving for the weekend.
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #6,678 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a decent chance you will have it in hand before anything useful shows up on tracking.

Is EMS that slow to update their tracking info?
Has anyone received any info on their tracking number? I've been waiting for mine. Cherry informed that it was being shipped the 5th because the express was working that day.
Does anyone know what the express is?

May 7, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #6,681 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by joewatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else enjoying Sun V2 in their Compass? I listen to rock, funk & electronica on Grado SR80, and Sun gets my heart racing the most. It's also great for action films!

Does your Sun V2 look like the OPA in the center of Curra's pic below? The "Sun V2" I received with my Compass has similiar components, but does not have the glowing diodes in the middle. The middle diodes on mine are more like a block "C" shape with wire legs, but no bulb-like lighted/glowing portion at all....

Earth_Sun_Moon_11-03_104.jpg

May 7, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #6,683 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaidBack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does your Sun V2 look like the OPA in the center of Curra's pic below? The "Sun V2" I received with my Compass has similiar components, but does not have the glowing diodes in the middle. The middle diodes on mine are more like a block "C" shape with wire legs, but no bulb-like lighted/glowing portion at all....

Earth_Sun_Moon_11-03_104.jpg

Mine is the same as yours - glass sealed diodes, not LEDs.

May 7, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #6,684 of 7,725
Where is the webpage people like doping panda are seeing the orders?

I know it will be a while since I ordered mine last friday.... Trying to be patient - can't wait to see what I am missing since I'd just been running my HD580s off my Soundblaster Audigy 2 platinum EX with no amp.

May 7, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #6,685 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by MysteryMachine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the webpage people like doping panda are seeing the orders?

Here's the link to the A-GD consignment/delivery page: н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

I received the tracking numbers(DHL in my case) from Cherry via email after my delivery info was posted on the A-GD page.

Like many other people, when it came to actual shipment tracking my DHL status page didn't update after leaving Hong Kong until I signed for it here in the USA. That's DHL's issue, not Audio-gd, and it was really no issue at all. By most accounts the gear is getting delivered in a very timely manner.

May 7, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #6,686 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by joewatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is the same as yours - glass sealed diodes, not LEDs.

Thanks for the info, that's interesting. Does anyone know when/why the Sun V2 changed? I'm not going to change the top of the unit, I don't care about the bling factor. I'm just curious if there are sonic differences to the original Sun V2...

May 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #6,687 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is EMS that slow to update their tracking info?
Has anyone received any info on their tracking number? I've been waiting for mine. Cherry informed that it was being shipped the 5th because the express was working that day.
Does anyone know what the express is?

I rec'd an email that mine shipped April 29th via EMS. Per the tracking it arrived in Vancouver today. You can also check on Canada Post's website.

May 7, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #6,688 of 7,725
About how long does it take after payment before the compass ships?? I see my name and country on the consignment page, but i don't think its me since i haven't received any email yet. I ordered mine on April 25.

May 7, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #6,689 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvinjai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About how long does it take after payment before the compass ships?? I see my name and country on the consignment page, but i don't think its me since i haven't received any email yet. I ordered mine on April 25.

It should be about two weeks. If you ordered on the 25th, it could very well be you. I would just email audio-gd to see if that Compass is yours. I didn't receive confirmation that my Compass shipped until I asked them about it.

May 7, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6,690 of 7,725
Man something is wrong with DHL this time. I remember when compasses were shipping on monday, people would get their compasses on thursday or friday. Right now all the tracking info says is shipment acknowledged. It hasn't even left anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back