The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #6,031 of 7,725
I just got 4 units in today for myself and a few co-workers. Ordered early April, original shipping estimate was Apr 12th, got delayed, shipped DHL on Apr 18th, received in Northern California around 2:30PM on Apr 21st. Extremely well packed in boxes (4 individual boxes in one larger box). Looks like customs opened one of the boxes up but didn't look past the bubble wrap.

We're letting them sit for a day with the cover off before we power them up but wow, this is some real quality gear.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #6,032 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by darwinyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're letting them sit for a day with the cover off before we power them up but wow, this is some real quality gear.

Thats impressive restraint!
wink_face.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #6,033 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats impressive restraint!
wink_face.gif

I wanna make sure they marinate properly before I indulge
darthsmile.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #6,034 of 7,725
Fine I'm SORRY.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #6,035 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SORRY for sounding like a complete ass BUT... DID YOU REALLY JUST ASK THAT?

From that I interpreted 2 different things your may be asking... both are ridiculous.

First if your saying you want a better signal to the speakers from the PC and you use a MINI to RCA it will only get amplified defeating the purpose of a DAC.

Second was that you wanted to know if using mini instead of optical/usb/coaxial was fine. if this second one is correct then you obviously don't know what a dac is and you should have done research before you bought it.

I'll give you a hint 1/8" plug is analog while optical/usb/coaxial are all digital.

If you have something helpful to say say it. Please don't go around insulting people. its not cool.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #6,036 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SORRY for sounding like a complete ass BUT... DID YOU REALLY JUST ASK THAT?

From that I interpreted 2 different things your may be asking... both are ridiculous.

First if your saying you want a better signal to the speakers from the PC and you use a MINI to RCA it will only get amplified defeating the purpose of a DAC.

Second was that you wanted to know if using mini instead of optical/usb/coaxial was fine. if this second one is correct then you obviously don't know what a dac is and you should have done research before you bought it.

I'll give you a hint 1/8" plug is analog while optical/usb/coaxial are all digital.

You pretty much missed the whole Boat Here!

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #6,037 of 7,725
BTW, for those wondering how this Compass Amp compares to the Graham Slee Novo or Corda Arietta, I should be able to give some thoughts in a few weeks after I've done some proper listening between my Darth V3s and MarkL D2000s (probably with the Earth and Moon in various configurations). Also for those wondering how the synergy between this and the Darths (I don't think I've read anyone with that setup), same as above
darthsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #6,041 of 7,725
Does mbd have a cousin ?

Peete

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #6,042 of 7,725
I can't see the price for the Sun and the Moon. Anyone know where they're listed?

Also do you just work out the total yourself and send the PayPal payment specifying what you want or are you supposed to email to confirm the price first?

Thanks for your help.

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #6,044 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iyonesco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't see the price for the Sun and the Moon. Anyone know where they're listed?

Also do you just work out the total yourself and send the PayPal payment specifying what you want or are you supposed to email to confirm the price first?

Thanks for your help.

OPA info here.

Prices about 1/2 way down. Earth $22.50, Moon $25, Sun V2 $30

I e-mailed to confirm the price, but you could calculate it yourself, just add 4% for paypal fees. I'm sure audio-gd will let you know if you owe more.
icon10.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #6,045 of 7,725
You should email Audio-gd first with your order and request a total first, before paying with Paypal. Make sure you confirm in the Paypal message who you are and what you emailed about so they don't get confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back