The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Mar 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #4,516 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My C2C, Ref 1, power cables and bits have now been sitting in Osaka for a day.
frown.gif

How long is it going to take for you to get it?

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #4,518 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long is it going to take for you to get it?

I hope tomorrow or Wednesday. When I had stuff shipped EMS, the tracking updates were a day behind at least. However, the DHL updates seem to include the time that events happen, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4,519 of 7,725
Quote:

I hope tomorrow or Wednesday. When I had stuff shipped EMS, the tracking updates were a day behind at least. However, the DHL updates seem to include the time that events happen, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Yup the time is indicated. When my package arrived in the local DHL office, I got a call one hour after and it was delivered after another 2 hours to my home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #4,520 of 7,725
OK!...joining the club. After few weeks of lurking around in this forum, I made the order yesterday. This is going to be my first major DAC/AMP with my Denon D2000. I ordered the whole package..Compass + Sun + Moon + Custom Power cable (USD 428.48 including shipping + 4% paypal). Liked the idea of playing around with different combinations for some variety. Just hoping this is a good starting point for me into this hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #4,521 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by legend24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey thanks guys for your help
I am really tempted to get this amp/dac to paired up with a D5000
still saving on a tube amp
Hope the synergy is great
dt880smile.png

I had high expectations going into this experience and after pairing the compass with my D5000, well my expectations have been exceeded. The synergy with this pairing works really well. I am enjoying rediscovering music again. I've also discovered that quite a few of my favorite recordings are very poor quality, if there is a flaw in it - it will stand out. IMHO

Just do it already, you know you want to - all the cool kids are doing it.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #4,522 of 7,725
Quote:

My C2C, Ref 1, power cables and bits have now been sitting in Osaka for a day.
frown.gif

Good thing it wasn't shipped 2 day Air via Federal Express !
ph34r.gif

Peete.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #4,523 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice little write up 100 hours impression, Boomer !

your vocab is fantastic, in fact I'll pick up a few words from it if you dont mind..
smily_headphones1.gif
Since I missed out on the entire phenomenon of burning, I clearly notice that I can follow the bass lines far more easily that I could in the first 100 hours, now its already been past 400 hours on my Earth and Neutral mode..

Well that pretty much sums up the intentions of your questions.. glad you went ahead and like Les says, you cant go with wrong at the price.. hope to hear your impressions soon..
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks sandchak, you know - originally I had doubts about the burn-in, however I don't have to understand or be able to explain it to anyone to hear that there is a difference with burning. People can call me crazy - doesn't matter anyway, I have legal papers that state that anway
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #4,524 of 7,725
It only gets better Boomer....better Boomer ?...uh... Betty Boomer (good pRon name
biggrin.gif
).

Can you tell I need sleep (
tongue_smile.gif
) but dare not to in case I miss the DHL truck ? Nah....
confused_face.gif

Peete.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #4,525 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by B00MERS00NER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had high expectations going into this experience and after pairing the compass with my D5000, well my expectations have been exceeded. The synergy with this pairing works really well. I am enjoying rediscovering music again. I've also discovered that quite a few of my favorite recordings are very poor quality, if there is a flaw in it - it will stand out. IMHO

Just do it already, you know you want to - all the cool kids are doing it.

That is the down side isn't it!

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #4,526 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by B00MERS00NER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks sandchak, you know - originally I had doubts about the burn-in, however I don't have to understand or be able to explain it to anyone to hear that there is a difference with burning. People can call me crazy - doesn't matter anyway, I have legal papers that state that anway
wink.gif

Always good to have legal papers that help explain some of your decisions! I need to get some of those!

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #4,527 of 7,725
Les has your RE1 shipped yet and how are you liking the 2.1 JBL setup now that you've had it for a over a week ?

Sarathcpt : You'll be hard pressed to find anything better for that kind of money. You've made a wise decision on your first amp/dac in this crazy audio hobby !

Peete.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #4,528 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Les has your RE1 shipped yet and how are you liking the 2.1 JBL setup now that you've had it for a over a week ?

Sarathcpt : You'll be hard pressed to find anything better for that kind of money. You've made a wise decision on your first amp/dac in this crazy audio hobby !

Peete.

Hang on a minute, I'm defending your honor in the glowing tube thread...

Ok, Ok, there, done! Some people's Children!

I'm having trouble typing at preset. My fingers are all mangled and bloody.

That's because of all the nail biting I'm going through waiting for my Compass and REF1! Sold all my gear but the Zero and the DV, and the Zero is waiting for my desoldering iron, so I'm not using it. I've had to listen to a Sound Card!!! I've got too much RFI/EMI in my cable runs to listen to the DV.

Nice of you to pipe in and point out I'm not on the LIST!!! I had already noticed that!

Ahhh but there is Good News! The JBL monitors running off pure digital signal are a revelation. They really show the colorations of the headphones we listen to. It's tons of fun playing with the Computer control also. One of the Best purchases I've ever made, thanx for helping me with them!

Now I've got to get back to my computer. I have the Audi-gd Consignment page on a 10 sec refresh and i don't want to miss anything!

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #4,529 of 7,725
So now the countdown starts: Will Les get his Ref One before he reaches the lofty heights of Supremus status? PM me with your bets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back