The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #3,918 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering what's the status of the shipment myself.

All 220V Compass left yesterday night for DHL/EMS GuangZhou, he will try get the tracking numbers this evening, you should get a mail this evening or latest tomorrow with all the tracking details..although my amp didn't leave..
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #3,919 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All 220V Compass left yesterday night for DHL/EMS GuangZhou, he will try get the tracking numbers this evening, you should get a mail this evening or latest tomorrow with all the tracking details..although my amp didn't leave..
frown.gif

Thanks, sandchak because that's quite a relief. I was reluctant to e-mail him as I'm sure he's busy enough already with the Compass and I don't want to disturb him.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #3,920 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, sandchak because that's quite a relief. I was reluctant to e-mail him as I'm sure he's busy enough already with the Compass and I don't want to disturb him.

No Problems K3cT, I am following up with Kingwa for my amp, so at the same time I am trying to get info on the Compass shipment, I am very keen to know how the Compass sounds now with those gain and sound signature changes, plus the sooner you guys get the Compass the better for this thread as discussions will be back on Compass !!..
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #3,921 of 7,725
XD that totally threw me for a min. email for tracking tonight. Shipping at night? Ohhh yea!

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #3,922 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XD that totally threw me for a min. email for tracking tonight. Shipping at night? Ohhh yea!

Well thats how it seems to work out there, the courier comes and collects the packages around 9pm, since GuangZhou is around 60km away from his warehouse, they sort out the packages the next day (today), weighing and allotting tracking numbers.. I guess all this because China is a place from where many things are shipped around the world, so they work till pretty late, and yes, must be kinda chaotic too !.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #3,923 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blind, Double Blind, Triple Blind, it's an essential part of the Scientific Method.

Oh, quit your silly posturing. Double and triple blinding have no bearing in the comparison testing of audio gear.

There is only one type of blinding that pertains to the evaluation of audio equipment by an observer (or in this case, listener). This is simply plain old blinding: The observer is unaware of which gear he or she is listening to when comparing 2 or more pieces of audio gear. In such a scenario, blinding simply means that he/she does not know which gear is which and is therefore able to perform a more subjective comparison as a result.

Blinding is part of the scientific method? It does not directly relate to the scientific method at all. It is simply a way of reducing bias that can be applied to certain experimental study designs.

The only places double and triple blinding are ever used is in experimental studies (usually controlled trials) which involve human test subjects. The last time I checked, audio gear was not human... You probably don't even know what a commonly accepted definition of triple blinding is...

Good grief.
confused_face.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #3,924 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by cynan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, quit your silly posturing. Double and triple blinding have no bearing in the comparison testing of audio gear.

There is only one type of blinding that pertains to the evaluation of audio equipment by an observer (or in this case, listener). This is simply plain old blinding: The observer is unaware of which gear he or she is listening to when comparing 2 or more pieces of audio gear. In such a scenario, blinding simply means that he/she does not know which gear is which and is therefore able to perform a more subjective comparison as a result.

Blinding is part of the scientific method? It does not directly relate to the scientific method at all. It is simply a way of reducing bias that can be applied to certain experimental study designs.

The only places double and triple blinding are ever used is in experimental studies (usually controlled trials) which involve human test subjects. The last time I checked, audio gear was not human... You probably don't even know what a commonly accepted definition of triple blinding is...

Good grief.
confused_face.gif

You're both right and you're both wrong. Now please stop discussing it here!!

Jeez, I certainly learned why this can of worms is supposed to remain shut. I promise I'll never mention DBT outside of the "Sound Science" forum again. Sorry for this.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #3,926 of 7,725
Looks like mbd2884 is evading his ban. I've reported him to the mods. Please pay no attention to him.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #3,927 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeoboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back on topic... sort of... did anyone else notice that Audio-gd is now selling the Compass/HP DIY kit?

Quoted 16 USD on the board to be shipped to Australia, but I can't find a suitable case haha! Cheapest from thlaudio.com was like 63 USD not including shipping >.>

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #3,930 of 7,725
Those RCA connectors look really sweet! I'm now starting to wish I had those on my test-version as well.

(In case some people are wondering, this is not yet the "final version" of the Compass. The new back and front plates are still being manufactured.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back