The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Jan 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #301 of 7,725
Although, that could mean $250 before shipping, the wording is confusing. I think "without" means "before". I guess $308 then. Darn. No free lunch.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #303 of 7,725
I don't think inclusive shipping is mentioned anywhere, there is also a separate section on top:

2, What will the shipping cost be, and what mode of shipping will be used?

I think that answers all shipping queries..

" The initial promotional price is fixed at USD250 without shipping charge..."

Should have worded that more specifically - instead of "without" - should have used "excluding" .. My fault since I helped him in translating the page.. I'll ask him to make it more clear..

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #304 of 7,725
Making that correction would clear it up for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #305 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think inclusive shipping is mentioned anywhere, there is also a separate section on top:

2, What will the shipping cost be, and what mode of shipping will be used?

I think that answers all shipping queries..

" The initial promotional price is fixed at USD250 without shipping charge..."

Should have worded that more specifically - instead of "without" - should have used "excluding" .. My fault since I helped him in translating the page.. I'll ask him to make it more clear..

The initial promotional price is fixed at USD250 plus applicable shipping charges

The initial promotional price is fixed at USD250 plus shipping charges to destination

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #306 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the website:

" The initial promotional price is fixed at USD250 without shipping charge (this price will be effective several months), which will include one separate OPA (customers can choose MOON or EARTH , since the sound signature of Compass will be "Neutral", SUN may not be a good choice ), the package will also include one power cable, one USB cable, and one optical cable. The shipping charge will vary for different countries. Compass will be available for sale in approximately 30 days."

I'd say that means $258 including shipping since Kingwa says it right there.

No, the extra 8$ is because of the neutrik locking jack, the shipping costs considerably more than 8$ and depends on where you live.

The website is more like a log atm, updates go to the top, "old developments" on the bottom.

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #307 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The initial promotional price is fixed at USD258 plus applicable shipping charges

OR

The initial promotional price is fixed at USD258 plus shipping charges to destination

Better still..
Thanks Les..

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #308 of 7,725
Kingwa sent me the pictures of the incomplete unit as well. He's going to try and get it to me before Chinese New Year as well. I'll get a review up ASAP, which will mean leaving it on 24/7 to burn in probably.

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #309 of 7,725
Quote:

Kingwa sent me the pictures of the incomplete unit as well. He's going to try and get it to me before Chinese New Year as well. I'll get a review up ASAP, which will mean leaving it on 24/7 to burn in probably.

Cant wait for the review, since I might going Denons soon, I would be glad if you could let us know your impressions of Compass with your Dennon D5000..

DAC - Compass

Comming Soon!

The initial promotional price is fixed at USD258 Excluding shipping charge

The heading in Kingwa's website Compass Page - hope this clears any confusion..

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #310 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would you be kind enough to upload the pics? It'd be a teaser.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #311 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you be kind enough to upload the pics? It'd be a teaser.
tongue_smile.gif

No. He asked me not to.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #312 of 7,725
When do you think Kingwa will upload a picture?

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #313 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When do you think Kingwa will upload a picture?

He's getting ready to sell it, so you could nderstand how he doesn't want to put out a Pic showing it with it's knobs missing. Once it's on the Internet, it is forever!!

Wanna see my Vanessa Hudgens Nude picture collection?

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #314 of 7,725
I really feel, you should ask him directly, because if he has given a couple of people at least, as confirmed in the forum and you are interested like the rest, then I do not see any reason why he would refuse.. maybe he isnt just posting as yet because he doesnt have all the parts needed to make it look complete..

Well, Les has a point too..

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #315 of 7,725
Some more info:

The wires between the boards will be soldered in place, so my idea of having all the boards easily removable for repair/replacemnt is gone. However, Kingwa assures me that he makes pretty robust equipment, so it's not necessary. He was most concerned that using connectors would affect the sound quality. In the pictures he's using the same high-quality boards he uses in all his other gear, along with the same teflon-coated silver wire.

The Compass by default will be tuned to sound neutral. People with very bright headphones, such as the SR80s can put a jumper in place on the HP amp to soften the sound a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back