The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
Jan 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #421 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know Audio-Gd is not making profit from shipping, I checked the rates myself, they are twice higher than the quoted by Kingwa.

What I was asking was if shipping by EMS (for instance) is also possible, because for me $80 with DHL is still quite high (talking about the Compass). I am not in a hurry to receive the unit, waiting for 10 days is perfectly fine for me, as long as it arrives safely.

In Chinese, EMS is subjection Chinese state, so their price is costly than DHL/TNT and other express, I have check the price with EMS, price high than DHL 30% .
This instance also appear in Chinese, We shipment a goods to ShangHai, express price USD3 and second day arrive, EMS price USD4 and arrive in 3 days.

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #422 of 7,725
Just talk to Kingwa, he answers his email very promptly. I'm sure considering his willingness to meet his customers needs will help whatever way he can. My suggestion, not post here, just ask him yourself.

Quote:

I know Audio-Gd is not making profit from shipping, I checked the rates myself, they are twice higher than the quoted by Kingwa.

What I was asking was if shipping by EMS (for instance) is also possible, because for me $80 with DHL is still quite high (talking about the Compass). I am not in a hurry to receive the unit, waiting for 10 days is perfectly fine for me, as long as it arrives safely.

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #423 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by audio-gd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To USA and West Europe, we most shipment by DHL, by some a few country like Spain, we shipment by TNT, because the DHL of Spain like to ask the customers pay some money.

Ok, thanks.

Now, when can we expect pictures of the full unit?
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #424 of 7,725
I kinda think it would be exciting to see it when the reviews or when our own shipment arrives! hehe

Quote:

Ok, thanks.

Now, when can we expect pictures of the full unit?
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #425 of 7,725
Well audio-gd has better English than I have seen from some native speakers. Feel free, I say, to continue to represent yourself if you wish.

I am looking forward to seeing the results of the product!

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #426 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to add that audio-gd did have issues at first with some early shipped HDAMs and their extension leads - but he more than came up with a solution, and offered replacements readily - that's someone who cares.

I do remember that, soldering breakage issues.

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #427 of 7,725
Quote:

I don’t wish post in forum, because my English is too bad, you maybe must guess what I said.
But this time I must show up the fact.
I don’t know why you guy Les, said a lot without fact thing to defame us, In my experience, I never see any foreigner will said some things without fact ago, but now I see one.

Hello,
I don't think I defamed you anywhere. I am glad you are representing yourself here. At least everyone know's everyone's motivations this way. Here is what I said above:

"""My experience is that the shipping charges with some of these guys can be "negotiated". I think some of them try to go for additional profits in shipping."""""

That statement was meant to be a General statement dealing with Chinese vendors in General. That's why I used the "some of these guys" phrase. It was not directed at Audio-gd directly. I stand by my statements though. Some of these guys do gouge on shipping. For instance, you just gave me a quote for $100 that I have received quotes for $170 for the same size and weight object from other sellers. Then I made a few emails and ended up at $110. I even responded to your quote that I thought it was very reasonable. I was expecting $150-$200 based on other experiences I have had.

The point I was trying to make was a general one to open a dialog with the seller and see if they comes down, don't come down, or justify their shipping charges.

This is such a problem on Ebay, that policies are always changing, and at present Ebay is making an attempt to set Shipping charges for Auctions.

I see though that my response was to a question related to your shipping quote. It would seem reasonable for you to assume that everything I posted there was targeting your company. If that was your perception, please accept my sincerest apologies, that was not how I meant it to come across.

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #428 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
I don't think I defamed you anywhere. I am glad you are representing yourself here. At least everyone know's everyone's motivations this way. Here is what I said above:

"""My experience is that the shipping charges with some of these guys can be "negotiated". I think some of them try to go for additional profits in shipping."""""

That statement was meant to be a General statement dealing with Chinese vendors in General. That's why I used the "some of these guys" phrase. It was not directed at Audio-gd directly. I stand by my statements though. Some of these guys do gouge on shipping. For instance, you just gave me a quote for $100 that I have received quotes for $170 for the same size and weight object from other sellers. Then I made a few emails and ended up at $110. I even responded to your quote that I thought it was very reasonable. I was expecting $150-$200 based on other experiences I have had.

The point I was trying to make was a general one to open a dialog with the seller and see if they comes down, don't come down, or justify their shipping charges.

This is such a problem on Ebay, that policies are always changing, and at present Ebay is making an attempt to set Shipping charges for Auctions.

I see though that my response was to a question related to your shipping quote. It would seem reasonable for you to assume that everything I posted there was targeting your company. If that was your perception, please accept my sincerest apologies, that was not how I meant it to come across.

I was really thinking of taking a little break from the thread, but then I thought well, everyone is equal out here, so maybe I should be a part of it too..

Maybe Les was taking in general, but I think he forgot or conveniently ignored the concluding lines of his statement :

Quote:

Ohh, and $80 does seem high for a Compass, is that the product you ae referring to?

If I interpret that correctly, I think it means Audio GD is charging high shipping for Compass.. so actually its not exactly a general statement ..

Well, I am just doing some objective thinking myself now (thanks to Les) - So Les does make statements like that without taking the facts into consideration..

I am honestly glad that Kingwa is representing himself out here - he ought to when people make such statements based not on facts, but I dont know..

Les is correct, by kingwa representing himself, you know his motivations..

Well, Les seems to know also my motivations..

So my question is, by making such statements about Audio GD.. what is Les's motivations????....

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #429 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So my question is, by making such statements about Audio GD.. what is Les's motivations????....

Oh no, not another can of worms. Please Les, don't bite!

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #430 of 7,725
Yea, I think were starting to hit PM level conflicts. This thread is here for the design, pictures, reviews, of the Compass. But then Im a junior member, what do I know!

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #431 of 7,725
Hi, audio-gd:

Please do not take les_garten's comments too personally. There are definitely some misunderstandings. The bottom line is that les_garten is a supporter for this new Compass DAC and he spoke highly about audio-gd's products and reputation in a PM sent to me yesterday.

You see now I am here, monitoring this thread, hope the reviews can be out soon so that I can place my order.

Quote:

I don’t wish post in forum, because my English is too bad, you maybe must guess what I said.
But this time I must show up the fact.
I don’t know why you guy Les, said a lot without fact thing to defame us, In my experience, I never see any foreigner will said some things without fact ago, but now I see one.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #432 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicserve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, audio-gd:

Please do not take les_garten's comments too personally. There are definitely some misunderstandings. The bottom line is that les_garten is a supporter for this new Compass DAC and he spoke highly about audio-gd's products and reputation in a PM sent to me yesterday.

*snip*

And Les does point out a few good points along the way, it just that the way he delivers them seems a bit 'provocative' for some - like the shipping comment for example

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #433 of 7,725
I hope he starts shipping them out today!

Can't wait for mine.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #434 of 7,725
Hi guys, just to offer a bit of help here, usually I communicate with Kingwa in chinese and if you guys got any confusion over his product description, please shoot me the questions, I could help u to get precise answer in return
biggrin.gif
Dont let the language barrier to stop you getting this piece of great work !!!

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #435 of 7,725
Quote:

Originally Posted by godluvsxs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, just to offer a bit of help here, usually I communicate with Kingwa in chinese and if you guys got any confusion over his product description, please shoot me the questions, I could help u to get precise answer in return
biggrin.gif
Dont let the language barrier to stop you getting this piece of great work !!!

Thanx for that.. I've had a number of emails with him today and he does well especially in response to specific questions. He seems to work around the clock too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back