The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #3,797 of 7,138
i am looking to buy a used Audeze lcd-2 (list $989)  that is about 1 year old (10/6/11) in mint condition. it comes with an upgraded cable ALO Audio Ref 8 silver/copper 4.5 foot cable terminated with a 1/4" Furutech Gold Plug (list $549). has less than 200 hours on headphones, says they are a revision, but not sure which one. comes with an individual Frequency response graph (included), wood care kit (never used and included), beautiful wood case (included), and a care kit and full 3 year warranty papers (included).......seller wants $875......

is this a good price ?

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3,798 of 7,138
Quote:
i am looking to buy a used Audeze lcd-2 (list $989)  that is about 1 year old (10/6/11) in mint condition. it comes with an upgraded cable ALO Audio Ref 8 silver/copper 4.5 foot cable terminated with a 1/4" Furutech Gold Plug (list $549). has less than 200 hours on headphones, says they are a revision, but not sure which one. comes with an individual Frequency response graph (included), wood care kit (never used and included), beautiful wood case (included), and a care kit and full 3 year warranty papers (included).......seller wants $875......

is this a good price ?

I'd say a 1 year old LCD-2 with that cable for $875 is a fair price.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,799 of 7,138
Quote:

is this a good price ?

If it has the black angled plastic cable connectors on the wooden cups then it is definitely a late revision 2.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #3,800 of 7,138
hi! I'm planning to buy myself the lcd2. However, I'm not sure... What do you guys say, Rosewood or bamboo?? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3,804 of 7,138
Could anyone be kind enough to give a bit more specific instruction on where to place your hands when trying to bend and loosen the headband? I'm a bit antsy about wrenching on a new kilo buck purchase, but the vise like clamping force needs to be dealt with. I would normally search for it but this thread is pretty big. Thanks in advance.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #3,805 of 7,138
Hey Jerg, 
WOndered if you would be so good as to expand a bit on these posts for me mate. Im always fond of your knowledge base in past threads...
Quote:
If it has the black angled plastic cable connectors on the wooden cups then it is definitely a late revision 2.

I was under the impression it was only the bamboo that had the black plastic connectors? is there no late edition rosewood, or is there rosewood with plastic out there too?

Quote:
Do you value vanity or efficacy?

Is efficiency meant in an audible sense, or in an environmental sense (carbon footprint, vegan pads, and all that "stuff")

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3,806 of 7,138
Quote:
Hey Jerg, 
WOndered if you would be so good as to expand a bit on these posts for me mate. Im always fond of your knowledge base in past threads...
Quote:

I was under the impression it was only the bamboo that had the black plastic connectors? is there no late edition rosewood, or is there rosewood with plastic out there too?

[...]

I'm listening to the latest iteration with the black connectors at the moment. It's in Rosewood. The early rev.2 I used to own had a slight DIY look to it with noticeable imperfections from the cutting and shaping of the wooden housing. This one I have now is perfect.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3,807 of 7,138
Quote:
Hey Jerg, 

Is efficiency meant in an audible sense, or in an environmental sense (carbon footprint, vegan pads, and all that "stuff")

Oh there was a big design change in Audeze manufacturing a while ago (right after the release of LCD3 I think), where the drivers were unchanged (still rev2) but the cups were redone - instead of the old form, now the cups are a perfect ring of wood/bamboo, with an angled black plastic cable connector protruding at the bottom. This was done because the old design with 100% wood was prone to cracking at the connector area. Both bamboo and rosewood cups after this update started using this new design to mitigate the cracking issues before.

I guess I said efficacy with bamboo material for many reasons - significantly lighter weight, more environmentally friendly, structurally stronger (in theory). 

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,809 of 7,138
Thats right ^^, only the new angled connectors are metal not plastic :)

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #3,810 of 7,138
Quote:
Thats right ^^, only the new angled connectors are metal not plastic :)

Oh? So they are just metal painted with a matte black? Cool. Always thought it was plastic to differentiate the LCD3s (with their shiny steel angled connectors) out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back