The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #3,766 of 7,138
Who says that about the LF that owns/owned it?
Quote:
I also heard that the LF is quite hyped for what it does and cost.

Now that's a new one I haven't heard before, maybe it is your source. 
confused.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,767 of 7,138
I do.  

There are four amps under $1000 I would own again before I chose to own an LF again.  Which is why I often suggest that I would have priced the LF $2K less than it's asking price. That some units have had problems of one type or another since I sold mine hasn't helped that impression.

Other people really like it.  I'm just not one of them.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #3,768 of 7,138
I am anxious to read your impressions for the GXX MkII when it arrives!  One nice looking amp for sure.  What is a LCD2.5 you list as current?  Thanks!

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #3,769 of 7,138
Had me confused for a but there... GXX = GS-X =)

I might change that.  The 2.5 is the Rev 2, black metal connector rosewood.  Confusing people so I'll probably just put 2 :wink:

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #3,771 of 7,138
Quote:
Who says that about the LF that owns/owned it?

A few posters in the Stax thread not as of recent posts. It's also the same I hear about the Woo WA22, WA5 and WES, once you hear "one Woo product, you've heard them all". Not to mention one of the posters from the LD MK VI thread compared the WA22 and didn't any sort of noticeable gain driving from SE to balanced mode.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3,772 of 7,138
I quite liked the WA22, it was almost B22 good.  But yes its balanced to the output transformers and from there tapped for left, right and common so regardless of connector, single ended output.  Which is not to say the amp isn't balanced.  Use a single ended source and you see right away you've cut half the circuit out.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,773 of 7,138
Any tips for increasing wearing comfort of LCD-2, that pressure on temples in unbearable, moving headband back helps a bit but it breaks the seal in front.
Also seems like moving pads slightly away from ears greatly increases soundstage, has anyone experimented with aftermarket of thicker LCD-3 pads.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,774 of 7,138
Grab on either end of the headband and flatten it out.  Be holding the metal though and not something will sling shot across the room if it snaps :wink:

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3,777 of 7,138
Keep going :wink:  I bent mine until it was bent the other way before holding it there a while.  Go at least flat.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #3,778 of 7,138
It is good to be back in team LCD-2.  I enjoyed my time with the LCD-3 but in the end and after a butt ton of amps and a few sources I just couldn't shake that nagging feeling that something was off.  The LCD-2 isn't perfect but I personally enjoy it more than the LCD-2 and since it's such a social can it gets along with EVERYONE :wink:

The other fun piece of news is my FW F3 came in and um ya... I turned off the furnace and just put the F3 near an intake... boom house heated :p  I don't have my Q speaker cables yet so no idea how it sounds but it does run hot, like don't it with anything you want back hot :D

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #3,780 of 7,138
Quote:
It is good to be back in team LCD-2.  I enjoyed my time with the LCD-3 but in the end and after a butt ton of amps and a few sources I just couldn't shake that nagging feeling that something was off.  The LCD-2 isn't perfect but I personally enjoy it more than the LCD-2 and since it's such a social can it gets along with EVERYONE :wink:

The other fun piece of news is my FW F3 came in and um ya... I turned off the furnace and just put the F3 near an intake... boom house heated :p  I don't have my Q speaker cables yet so no idea how it sounds but it does run hot, like don't it with anything you want back hot :D

Didn't know you enjoyed the LCD2's more than the LCD2's. 

On the other hand are you really driving your LCD2's off the F3's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back