The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #1,786 of 7,138
Quote:
Honestly I would find it hard to believe that there is any difference in wood or bamboo with sonics.

hmmm, why is that so?

from what i know, different wood has different density and this might cause some sound difference between the rosewood and bamboo..

unless both has the same density...

May 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,787 of 7,138
Hi Vincent, welcome to Head Fi... take care your wallet. Cheers~

Hmm... your wood... actually not a big deal, but if you really don't like them, just make a change. Whenever you change, please check it accordingly. You should get bamboo version since is revision 3 revolution.

popcorn.gif

May 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,788 of 7,138
Quote:

im liking the bass.. and maybe i have not burn them in yet.. i find that they are really dark...

I would be getting a new LCD2 when there's stock locally..

Anyway, Is there Sound difference between the Bamboo version and Rosewood version?

Anyone tried and compared them?

I listened to the bamboo version for about 30 minutes.  I have the rosewood version now.  I've noticed no differences.

May 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,789 of 7,138
If it were a musical instrument for sure.  A speaker cabinet with respect to density and vibration too. An earphone cup I would think not.  Of course I am full of Vonnegut's Floobie Gas!
beyersmile.png
  It would make for an interesting study for sure: rosewood, carbon fiber, alloy......
Quote:

hmmm, why is that so?

from what i know, different wood has different density and this might cause some sound difference between the rosewood and bamboo..

unless both has the same density...

May 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #1,790 of 7,138
Quote:

Hmm... your wood... actually not a big deal, but if you really don't like them, just make a change. Whenever you change, please check it accordingly. You should get bamboo version since is revision 3 revolution.

popcorn.gif

The most recent iteration also comes in rosewood.  Is there a particular reason to get the bamboo version over the rosewood in your opinion?

May 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,791 of 7,138
Quote:

popcorn.gif

Hey Yoeng, actually i have been lurking around since last year.. just that i dont post much.. hahaha..

I chose the rosewood as it looks nicer (Steam Punk look to me)

And what our local distributor said, in our asia country, Rosewood is more expensive compared to Bamboo..
And rosewood lcd2 have limited stock as Audeze will be using bamboo for their LCD2 in future, so it might be a "limited edition" kind of thing...

Quote:

I listened to the bamboo version for about 30 minutes.  I have the rosewood version now.  I've noticed no differences.

Hmmm, thanks for the input Monkey!

Quote:
If it were a musical instrument for sure.  A speaker cabinet with respect to density and vibration too. An earphone cup I would think not.  Of course I am full of Vonnegut's Floobie Gas!
beyersmile.png
  It would make for an interesting study for sure: rosewood, carbon fiber, alloy......

But from the grado mod thread, a lot of grado modders tested with different kind of wood and they said it has sonic differences..

May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #1,793 of 7,138
Quote:
rosewood = 1 year warranty, short delay for shipment.  bamboo = 3 year warranty, immediate shipment.

x2...

and improvement of new cable connection, better earpads, innovation... 

So, should try it cause it was improved.

popcorn.gif

May 25, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #1,795 of 7,138
Quote:
rosewood = 1 year warranty, short delay for shipment.  bamboo = 3 year warranty, immediate shipment.

^This is a good point,

Quote:
 x2...

popcorn.gif

Ah, right, the new cable connection.  You mean like this?

May 25, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #1,797 of 7,138
 x2...

:popcorn:

I think guys got the wrong idea..

All LCD2 have 3 years warranty.. And the rosewood version I got is exactly like the lcd2 bamboo version (new cable connection, better ear pads).. Just that it's rosewood not bamboo..

^This is a good point,

Ah, right, the new cable connection.  You mean like this?

^^ this is the one I got with rosewood...

Don't really fancy the bamboo version.. The rosewood looks a lot better IMHO..

May 25, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #1,800 of 7,138
Hey monkey, what source n amp u using? Can recommend some good ones ? Currently looking at burson 160DS..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back