The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #1,771 of 7,138
I live in Asia, So far no problem for my LCD2r2.

Any asian here? Like Singapore, Malaysia?

May 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,773 of 7,138
Quote:
I live in Asia, So far no problem for my LCD2r2.

Any asian here? Like Singapore, Malaysia?

Hi.. singaporean here! just got my LCD2r2 also...

BUT.. mine had a small problem...

dunno what is that though.. but gonna get a refund...

May 22, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,774 of 7,138
^ it looks like an imperfection in the timber.  I would give them a chance to exchange it, unless you don't like the LCD-2 sound that is
biggrin.gif

Either way chances are the next pair might be slightly different in sound anyway.

May 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,775 of 7,138
Quote:
New Mexico is a desert climate.  Wood will loose its humidity and shrink.  Anyone up north knows the shrink cycle of hard wood as we go from humid summer to dry winter.  If not kept above 40% relative humidity the wood will shrink and since in this case its not free standing but bolted and drilled... it cracks.  Expect the process to be accelerated if you have AC and no humidifier system.

Nope, completely wrong. Not a desert and humidity is relatively average. And here there is no how you said humid summer to dry winter.
I don't think there really is any clear cut answer and Audeze seems to be one of the most vague companies when it comes to informing/confronting 
problems. Hell they're not even telling people what they're doing to supposed veiled LCD3's that come back "fixed"

May 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,776 of 7,138
Quote:
HE-500 has more bass slam?! LCD-2 is not a champion here, but less bass slam than HE.........

With slam I mean the bass impact. I'm aware I sold my HE-500 few weeks ago and memory is not always the best, but I'm 95% certain my HE-500 had somewhat better impact. I can't get the same feeling even with +8dB 0-100hz boost. HE-500 could make my ears wobble with some eq. I wish I still had it to compare. But yeah these are just my first quick impressions. Quality certainly sounds excellent.

edit: And don't tell me O2 doesn't have enough juice.
wink.gif

May 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #1,778 of 7,138
Quote:
Nope, completely wrong. Not a desert and humidity is relatively average. And here there is no how you said humid summer to dry winter.

You maybe accustomed to it but...

"The climate of New Mexico is generally semi-arid to arid, though there are areas of continental and alpine climates, and its territory is mostly covered by mountains, high plains, and desert."

Couple that with high altitude and its not very wood friendly.

May 22, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #1,779 of 7,138
In AZ our climate is a *little* on the dry side.  Having a few woodies myself for extended periods, I haven't heard of any local LCD-x owners complaining of wood problems yet!  (though we probably don't have a ton of owners)

May 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #1,781 of 7,138
Quote:

You maybe accustomed to it but...

"The climate of New Mexico is generally semi-arid to arid, though there are areas of continental and alpine climates, and its territory is mostly covered by mountains, high plains, and desert."

Couple that with high altitude and its not very wood friendly.

That's a very good point. And yes, the altitude is pretty high where I'm at. Even with these factors it just doesn't seem like it should
be an issue. I guess I'll have to report how the Bamboos hold up. They're supposedly a stronger wood/paper/material.

May 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #1,784 of 7,138
Quote:
^ it looks like an imperfection in the timber.  I would give them a chance to exchange it, unless you don't like the LCD-2 sound that is
biggrin.gif

Either way chances are the next pair might be slightly different in sound anyway.

im liking the bass.. and maybe i have not burn them in yet.. i find that they are really dark...

I would be getting a new LCD2 when there's stock locally..

Anyway, Is there Sound difference between the Bamboo version and Rosewood version?

Anyone tried and compared them?

May 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #1,785 of 7,138
Honestly I would find it hard to believe that there is any difference in wood or bamboo with sonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back