The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #1,817 of 7,138
So I emailed Audeze to get confirmation on 2 things and they confirmed the following:

(1) The newest LCD-2 rev.2 Bamboo and Cherry are identical except for the wood.

(2) The LCD-2 rev. 2 has a 3 year warranty regardless of the wood.

May 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,819 of 7,138
Quote:
Now I bet someone will say, "but what about the rev.3?"
rolleyes.gif

(no such thing)

You are correct.  People are, generally speaking, idiots.

May 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #1,820 of 7,138
Quote:
Wrong, the warranty changed. Both have 3-year warranty.

But how come they never changed at their webpages?

They have just mentioned in a statement. I can't even get back link... 

May 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #1,821 of 7,138
Quote:
I think guys got the wrong idea..
All LCD2 have 3 years warranty.. And the rosewood version I got is exactly like the lcd2 bamboo version (new cable connection, better ear pads).. Just that it's rosewood not bamboo..
^^ this is the one I got with rosewood...
Don't really fancy the bamboo version.. The rosewood looks a lot better IMHO..

Could you post post your headphone pics pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee~

May 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #1,823 of 7,138
I think the things you should worry are not the wood and pads but the crappy stock cable that comes with the LCD-2s (the flat one shown in the picture above).
wink_face.gif

Every LCD-2 owner must try some aftermarket cable. This is the weakest point of these fantastic cans.

May 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,826 of 7,138
Assuming they're the same ones with the LCD-3s, I personally never thought they sound bad (or any different from any decent cable for that matter) but esthetically and comfort-wise I certainly prefer my Q-Audio cables, which are priced fairly reasonably in light of the cost of the headphones they are attached to
tongue.gif
And if I gained a smidgeon of sound quality in the process, all the better...

May 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,827 of 7,138
Quote:
Weakest part of the LCD-2... yes.  Best stock cable in production... yes :p

HE-6 stock cable is pretty nice - OCC copper flat weave, just shame about the connectors.  Not really sure how one could upgrade it apart from hard wiring, maybe a cotton jacket, but pretty damn near optimal IMO.

May 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #1,828 of 7,138
Quote:

HE-6 stock cable is pretty nice - OCC copper flat weave, just shame about the connectors.  Not really sure how one could upgrade it apart from hard wiring, maybe a cotton jacket, but pretty damn near optimal IMO.

Definitely agree about the He-6 cable. But I do enjoy my Q as well. 

May 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #1,829 of 7,138
Quote:

Could you post post your headphone pics pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee~

im still waiting for my new lcd2 to come.. the one i got had some weird markings on the rosewood so i exchanged for a new one!

May 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #1,830 of 7,138
The bamboo version which I have aren't as nice looking as the timber versions, but their still nice in a natural way. I mean the beauty of the bamboo version is like beautiful nature, if you zoom in on the details of the landscape like moss growing on rocks it's not as pretty, but overall it's good lol. It's like the bamboo version grew on a tree even though it's grass ;p

I have no problems with the cable accept they twist up when you rotate the headphone to put it down (the angled connectors put pressure on the wires near the connector if you put it down on one side). The  cables on the bamboo version (I assume their new) are flat rubber wires, not round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back