The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #1,741 of 7,138
I have seen lots and lots of Hifiman drivers/diaphragms (since you could see it clear as day just with taking off the earpads or back grills) but never any LCD2/3 drivers or diaphragms. Tyll over at IF did a video about planar mag drivers and he did have a taken-out LCD2 driver but can't see any of the diaphragm details.

May 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,742 of 7,138
When my LCD2.2's had to go back for a blown driver they were there when the 3's were announced.  I inquired about having 3 drivers to replace mine(I mean they were there right?) and was told it would be "impossible".  Had to ask.

May 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #1,745 of 7,138
If it's a LCD2 rev 2 I would give it a week or so to burn in - I cant personally remember if the frequency response changed, but there definitely was a grain present when new that disappeared with burn in.  Both the rev1 and rev 2 I owned had relatively laid back mids in that they did not stand out in the mix - I think the LCD-2 you sent back for a blown driver may have been an exception rather than the norm
frown.gif

May 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #1,748 of 7,138
Quote:
If it's a LCD2 rev 2 I would give it a week or so to burn in - I cant personally remember if the frequency response changed, but there definitely was a grain present when new that disappeared with burn in.  Both the rev1 and rev 2 I owned had relatively laid back mids in that they did not stand out in the mix - I think the LCD-2 you sent back for a blown driver may have been an exception rather than the norm
frown.gif

My LCD2 Rev 2 after burnin completely lost the treble spark they had and the mids were less prominent. It sounded better pre burnin.

May 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #1,751 of 7,138
Quote:
Interesting!
Thanks for the information.
I'll pass it onto my source and see if he can get a pair from them may be.
Could buy direct I guess
Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Well yes, I don't really understand what you mean by "source". :wink:

Soundconsult.nl has it right now for 1045€ (~850£) and you could even order it directly from Audeze (~995$+150$ + 25% customs = ~900£). Have you looked at Audeze pages for UK distributors and asked all of them for stock??

May 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #1,752 of 7,138
Really enjoying the LCD-2 r2 bamboos. I really like how the sound has some weight behind, I don't mean slow obviously. But it has heft.

What plugins effects are people using with there LCD's? Currently I'm enjoying dolby headphone in PowerDVD 12. I seem to prefer "small room model" setting. For an amp I'm using an objective 2 o2 amp from my x-fi external sound card. I really want to like foobar but for some reason it's sounds 'limited' to my ears. Winamp is buggy as anything...So yeah happy with the sound.

May 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #1,753 of 7,138
Quote:
I really like how the sound has some weight behind, I don't mean slow obviously. But it has heft.

That's the best thing about this headphone.

What plugins effects are people using with there LCD's? Currently I'm enjoying dolby headphone in PowerDVD 12. I seem to prefer "small room model" setting. For an amp I'm using an objective 2 o2 amp from my x-fi external sound card. I really want to like foobar but for some reason it's sounds 'limited' to my ears. Winamp is buggy as anything...So yeah happy with the sound.

I haven't tried any with LCD-2s, but compared to the HE-500s some time back, the "wrap-around" stage and forward projection of sounds on the LCD-2s is significant.  While it's not the same as a natural crossfeed, it's still good enough to forego the use of x-feed & room simulation plug-ins (for me).  

May 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,755 of 7,138
Quote:
It's a matter of output mode! Direct Stream, Kernel Streaming, WASAPI, and ASIO sound very different. Try each of them (available on the foobar2000's site). I think audezes deserve an optimized for them good player as foobar2000.

Your right! Wow I was using "Primary sound driver" now I'm using wasapi and it's all good. Thanks. I love the simplicity without any bugs and the variety of components or plugins you can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back