The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Nov 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #3,601 of 7,138
Quote:
Any audiophile that can't hear the subtle differences that a good and not so good cable brings isn't any cleverer or not an "Audiophool" ... They just don't have good enough hearing. 

Well now you're both wrong.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #3,602 of 7,138
Quote:
IMO cable does NOT make a difference, it's been A/B'd numerous times (Feel free to research the term "Audiophoolery"). If they are for egronomic reasons,looks or bragging rights, then maybe its worth it. Unless you are going from from some extremely fine cable I highly doubt you will hear anything different. Save the money and take the old lady out for a meal and a few drinks, the rewards are much better.

That being said I'm going to sell my just replaced stock Audeze Ribbon single ended cable.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,604 of 7,138
Quote:
What if you're single? Take yourself out for a meal and a few drinks maybe?
tongue_smile.gif

Any audiophile that can't hear the subtle differences that a good and not so good cable brings isn't any cleverer or not an "Audiophool" ... They just don't have good enough hearing. And should IMO maybe not spend that much money on audio equipment at all. Instead, they should perhaps take a leaf out of your book and eat and drink themselves into obesity and alcoholism instead.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I don't think he was saying you can't hear the differences between a totally piss poor cable and a great cable. I think he was saying the LCD cable is pretty damn good even if it's just not the most aesthetic cable and you're better off spending your money on other things since it is definitely not a weak link in sound quality.

Too each their own. Since you brought us down this road. I think looks+feel+placebo of cables are definitely ways to enhance your listening experience. Especially if you perceive real value in it since music listening is pretty much subjective by nature. Personally, I think you're better off spending that money on good music or a glass of wine to enhance that subjective experience. 

o2smile.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3,605 of 7,138
Quote:
I don't think he was saying you can't hear the differences between a totally piss poor cable and a great cable. I think he was saying the LCD cable is pretty damn good even if it's just not the most aesthetic cable and you're better off spending your money on other things since it is definitely not a weak link in sound quality.

Too each their own. Since you brought us down this road. I think looks+feel+placebo of cables are definitely ways to enhance your listening experience. Especially if you perceive real value in it since music listening is pretty much subjective by nature. Personally, I think you're better off spending that money on good music or a glass of wine to enhance that subjective experience. 

o2smile.gif

I personally really like the stock Audeze cable a lot. It sounds great to me and seems to be modeled after the Stax ribbon cable (which I don't think people complain about). Heck, it might even be made by the same company, they are so similar:

It's also comfy; not too heavy nor bulky,  and is non-mircophonic. To me, it's a winner!

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #3,607 of 7,138
Is $775 a good price for a set of LCD-2s with about 10 hours of use? Is it worth it upgrading from the HD600? I'm looking for an all-around headphone, fairly neutral or maybe slightly dark. I really like the HD600 sound, though. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3,609 of 7,138
Quote:
Is $775 a good price for a set of LCD-2s with about 10 hours of use? Is it worth it upgrading from the HD600? I'm looking for an all-around headphone, fairly neutral or maybe slightly dark. I really like the HD600 sound, though. 

I own both so let me see:

HD600 to LCD2 (any of the revisions)

Slightly neutral with an emphasis on bass....Check.
Slightly dark....Check

Your good to go.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #3,611 of 7,138
Quote:
IMO cable does NOT make a difference, it's been A/B'd numerous times (Feel free to research the term "Audiophoolery"). If they are for egronomic reasons,looks or bragging rights, then maybe its worth it. Unless you are going from from some extremely fine cable I highly doubt you will hear anything different. Save the money and take the old lady out for a meal and a few drinks, the rewards are much better.

Quote:

o2smile.gif

Do you want to read that post above you again? Also he "brought us down this road". I only reacted to it. I also find your language offensive, If you are unable to post without using swear words then maybe you should post in another kind of forum that accepts your lower tone.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3,612 of 7,138
Quote:

Do you want to read that post above you again? Also he "brought us down this road". I only reacted to it. I also find your language offensive, If you are unable to post without using swear words then maybe you should post in another kind of forum that accepts your lower tone.

Cables have honestly been discussed and debated to death. At this point it's almost like beating a dead horse and pretty much just flame bait.  I wasn't trying to launch an attack on you but as you can see, not only on this thread, but on many others this is a very sensitive topic. It becomes easy to overreact if you have an entrenched perspective in objectivity vs subjectivity.

On that note, lets just drop it and get out of this rathole.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #3,613 of 7,138
Quote:

Cables have honestly been discussed and debated to death. At this point it's almost like beating a dead horse and pretty much just flame bait.  I wasn't trying to launch an attack on you but as you can see, not only on this thread, but on many others this is a very sensitive topic. It becomes easy to overreact if you have an entrenched perspective in objectivity vs subjectivity.

On that note, lets just drop it and get out of this rathole.

Absolutely no problem.
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3,614 of 7,138
Quote:

I own both so let me see:

HD600 to LCD2 (any of the revisions)

Slightly neutral with an emphasis on bass....Check.
Slightly dark....Check

Your good to go.

Totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back