The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3,256 of 7,138
Quote:
Well ok, if you insist
bigsmile_face.gif

Jesus...seriously. I'd like to send you my LCD-2's for a little shine. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3,258 of 7,138
Oct 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #3,261 of 7,138
Well ok, if you insist :bigsmile_face:

LB1 I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your closed back LCDs when you get your hands on them :)

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #3,262 of 7,138
Quote:
LB1 I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your closed back LCDs when you get your hands on them
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
 awww man.. One thing's for sure, no one will see me for weeks!

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #3,264 of 7,138
Quote:
O your starting up a business?  Cool - how much and what the shipping address.

biggrin.gif
 pm me and I'll gladly accept your headphones and money!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3,267 of 7,138
Here's my graph from my bamboo LCD-2's i ordered on Wednesday.

Anyone ever see that 8khz dip before? It doesn't seem consistent with all the other graphs out there. I almost wish I didn't look at it... sigh

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3,268 of 7,138
Hm, here's mine for comparison:

You're right. You also have a tiny dip at 6.5k that I haven't seen before. Mind you, my LCD-2 doesn't really sound like this graph shows anymore...xD

Kojaku

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #3,269 of 7,138
Quote:
WOW............WOW.........LugBug1, those are without a doubt the best looking LCD2's I have ever seen. 
Awesome job on those!!!

beerchug.gif

Wow, thanks asmoday! I'm really flattered
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Quote:
*drool*

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Okay, one more last dumb question :p So..is it just as simple as putting a little drop of the wax on the cloth and rubbing it? How much Wax should I use per waxing?

I just feel like I nee to be careful with this kind of expensive equipment. 

Thanks Satanigatan,
beerchug.gif

I've took quite a risk doing this as I used a wood stain with wax. Plus it took a long time to get to that colour. I began using a scratch cover (this is a bottle of oil,wax stain) that you can get in any hardware store. About twenty coats later... I applied a little wood dye, mixed with a dab of black paint, this darkened them a little more. Quite an arduous and finicky task removing the cups each time...

A quicker way of doing it, but even more risky! Is to sand the varnish of first, then apply a wood dye. Then polish up with pure wax. Obviously I havent done this and wouldn't advise anyne doing it unless they have worked with wood caring before and know what they are doing.  

The Bamboo's look gorgeous without colouring, I'm just one of those peeps that likes to customize things.

Thanks
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #3,270 of 7,138
Could be a measurement artifact. There was discussion a long time ago about how hard it is to measure consistently.

Even if real, I doubt this one dip will be noticeable TBH. But if it sounds 'faulty', you will surely be able to get it replaced without a problem. Audez'e service is reputedly terrific.

Quote:
Here's my graph from my bamboo LCD-2's i ordered on Wednesday.

Anyone ever see that 8khz dip before? It doesn't seem consistent with all the other graphs out there. I almost wish I didn't look at it... sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back