The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 13, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #3,241 of 7,138
anyone with the ALO cables can give a feedback please?
im not a fan of the stock lcd2 cable.it tangles,looks cheap and one of the internal copper wiring is visible at one end of the plug.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #3,242 of 7,138
Quote:

I think one of the reasons why the V200 synergize so well with the LCD2 is the high damping factor of this amp and the grip and control it exerts on the headphone. With the above set up soundstage is large, near HD800 on stock cable and betters the HE500 on the same silver/gold cable. Good slam and attack, with good leading edges lending itself to a high level of realism. Very enjoyable!

Just to add another amp to consider is the Burson Soloist. I have spent many hours comparing the V200 and Soloist and ended up choosing the latter. I will be posting a mini review in a few days about this.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #3,243 of 7,138
Quote:
That would be an interesting comparison.
Besides the v200...I get good sonics with the Triad L3/LLP combo especially with the bass knob wind up a little. I am however looking at another amp and the BHA1 seems the best bet at the moment.....

How about the Mjolnir?  It's been getting a lot of publicity these days.  

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,244 of 7,138
Flawed cable with your $1K headphone? Return it then and get a replacement?

(Nothing wrong with the stock cable with my LCD2, but I prefer the Norse Audio cable.)
Quote:
anyone with the ALO cables can give a feedback please?
im not a fan of the stock lcd2 cable.it tangles,looks cheap and one of the internal copper wiring is visible at one end of the plug.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3,245 of 7,138
^^i had the headphone for about 8 months now and the cable was fine.i may have twisted it in a wrong way not sure.anyway its only about 0.5cm in diameter visible.i was gonna replace the cable anyway because i dont like it.im just looking at my options.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #3,246 of 7,138
Quote:

Just to add another amp to consider is the Burson Soloist. I have spent many hours comparing the V200 and Soloist and ended up choosing the latter. I will be posting a mini review in a few days about this.

Thanks, I look forward to your thoughts on the Burson Soloist (as well as the other person who recently mentioned it). 

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #3,247 of 7,138
Quote:

How is the stepped attenuator?  The steps in volume with previous Burson amps were so large that it was unusable for me.  I could never get the volume even close to where I wanted it most of the the time.

Thanks.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #3,248 of 7,138
Quote:
How is the stepped attenuator?  The steps in volume with previous Burson amps were so large that it was unusable for me.  I could never get the volume even close to where I wanted it most of the the time.

Thanks.

Well, I haven't had any problems getting a level I desire, but I don't have experience with previous Burson amplifiers to say to you whether the steps are bigger or smaller. With the three level output power control, I would assume that helps, as it means the "resolution" of the volume adjustment should be in the right zone based on your output power starting point. For the Audeze, I have it on the highest of the three levels.

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #3,249 of 7,138
Thanks for the information!  The Soloist seems like a great amp for the LCD-2 or 3.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #3,250 of 7,138
Kind of a dumb question, but I'm going to be getting the Bamboo LCD-2's soon. I used to own the first release of the Rev 2's, but kept having cracking issues. So I sold them off. But now I'm going to come back to these with the latest version being consistent in quality.

My question is, is Waxing the headphones just for cosmetics, or does it actually serve a purpose to keep the wood stable? If that was a dumb question, I apologize. I didn't have my old LCD-2's long enough to ever have gotten around to waxing them. And if there is a reason beyond cosmetics, what is recommended amount you should wax them?

Appreciate the help. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,251 of 7,138
Quote:
Kind of a dumb question, but I'm going to be getting the Bamboo LCD-2's soon. I used to own the first release of the Rev 2's, but kept having cracking issues. So I sold them off. But now I'm going to come back to these with the latest version being consistent in quality.

My question is, is Waxing the headphones just for cosmetics, or does it actually serve a purpose to keep the wood stable? If that was a dumb question, I apologize. I didn't have my old LCD-2's long enough to ever have gotten around to waxing them. And if there is a reason beyond cosmetics, what is recommended amount you should wax them?

Appreciate the help. 

It keeps water and grease out.. it'll keep 'em from swelling in the long run. I live in a dry climate so I've never paid attention AKA "Chris lost his bottle of wood care oil again"

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3,252 of 7,138
Quote:

It keeps water and grease out.. it'll keep 'em from swelling in the long run. I live in a dry climate so I've never paid attention AKA "Chris lost his bottle of wood care oil again"

Lol, Chris. Still listing it as "Rev. 3" hahaha xD...

Kojaku

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #3,253 of 7,138
Quote:

Appreciate the help. 

Waxing is not only good for protecting the wood, scratches etc... but also protecting against moister in the air which can affect wood over a long period of time. It takes 2 mins to give a quick wax. I would do it often, as little as once a month (I sound like a wood doctor!
blink.gif
). This will keep them not only very shiny but in tip top condition if you want to sell later on.  (give the leather a quick rub too!)

The newer models don't have the same cracking issues because of the metal angled connectors. I think the older wood connectors were prone to being knocked about where the cable joined and this caused the problems. It's a shame because I actually like the look of the original wood connects. The newer ones look more modern though... enjoy!

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #3,254 of 7,138
Quote:
Waxing is not only good for protecting the wood, scratches etc... but also protecting against moister in the air which can affect wood over a long period of time. It takes 2 mins to give a quick wax. I would do it often, as little as once a month (I sound like a wood doctor!
blink.gif
). This will keep them not only very shiny but in tip top condition if you want to sell later on.  (give the leather a quick rub too!)

The newer models don't have the same cracking issues because of the metal angled connectors. I think the older wood connectors were prone to being knocked about where the cable joined and this caused the problems. It's a shame because I actually like the look of the original wood connects. The newer ones look more modern though... enjoy!

LB1 show him a picture of yours.  

That is what we strive for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back