The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #572 of 1,518
Because I didn't see it on Page 1...versus GR07? 
etysmile.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #573 of 1,518
The GR07 and these are completely different. The reason why guys should have one of these in your arsenal of speakers on the go is. For one these are the most efficient earphones I have.. They actually sound louder than most earphones. Then there is the sound these emit. While the GR07 is more of a reference style monitor earphones and has that audiophile quality where neutrality with a clean sound presentation with the least amount of coloration for a flatter reference type sound.

The CKS77 has a different take on the sound.. These are more akin to having a full surround sound in your ears. I know that is impossible from 2 earphone speakers of all things but it has everything to do with the brilliant design and how the sound is presented. Full immersion..They sound like you are sitting right in front of the artist with instruments that surround you. Bass has much impact but gives substantial depth and weight to the sound yet delicate when the track calls for it..A different type of sound and presentation. A blast to listen to your music with.

These have so much depth. Depth that is missing from most earphones..You will hear a fullness to the guitar strum or symbol clash that you have not heard in most earphones.. Unique? yes. Fantastic for acoustic pieces and even classical has much depth. Not just for bass heavy tunes.. The sound presentation is one that is completely worth the experience..

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #574 of 1,518
It's trial and error to see what fits you best.
I've found that if I don't have a good seal in the ear canal, I don't hear much bass.  Often I can verify that by pressing the iem a little "tighter" in my ear, and hear the bass bloom.
If you have other iem's, the same size tip you use there should work on these.
I find the AT's to all be a very easy and comfortable fit for me.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #576 of 1,518

Ok guys, i'm going to fly to Seoul next summer, so what am i supposed to buy?
Your first answer might be...buy them all!!!   ...but i'm looking for some good IEM... AT will be definitely my first choice, a good friend of mine works with audio equipment and AT is the name he did.

I'm reading so many 3d that i'm getting a little bit confused....CKM...CKS...77...55...300...   

I'm looking for an IEM with clear sound...that's all i can say... i recently bought the SHURE's 215

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #577 of 1,518

Quote:

Ok guys, i'm going to fly to Seoul next summer, so what am i supposed to buy?
Your first answer might be...buy them all!!!   ...but i'm looking for some good IEM... AT will be definitely my first choice, a good friend of mine works with audio equipment and AT is the name he did.

I'm reading so many 3d that i'm getting a little bit confused....CKM...CKS...77...55...300...   

I'm looking for an IEM with clear sound...that's all i can say... i recently bought the SHURE's 215

If clarity is of most importance to you. While the clarity of these CKS77 are outstanding for having this big bassy presentation. These are more for you. You can read my review on the first page.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet/15#post_8331523

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #579 of 1,518
I got a chance to hear the famed CKS77 and I have to say they weren't as good as I thought they'd be.  I was expecting the end all be all of bass IEM's after reading certain peoples impressions of them in this thread but I feel my MG7's are better in every way except soundstage.  Now if what your looking for is a bass heavy IEM with a big soundstage then these are a good choice but as far as clarity, detail and more well textured deeper bass than the Atrio's the winner.  Now are the CKS77 worth the $84 they go for on Accessory Jack, I think so but imo the MG7 is a technically better IEM.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #580 of 1,518

Quote:

That's my guess, that they're seconds/returns.
They sound GREAT to me!  I'm hearing basically no difference from my other pair of CKS77's (discounting burn-in factor).

Good to hear as I ordered a pair of the LTDs last weekend. I had bought a pair of CK6 factory rejects for $7 a long ways back. Real deal but they were rejected cause the iron triangle logo was stamped crooked and a bit messed up. I figured the 77's were factory rejects and also read the feedback where the seller did give refunds for most issues if any. Not much of a risk. The AT physical rejects are out there you just have to weed out the fakes. Can't argue with the math; $160 worth of earphones for $59 shipped and they aren't fakes or used. Though once they are inspected and tossed off the line they don't reach the packaging stage but I don't need any packaging nor carry pouch.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #582 of 1,518

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what you think about these after burn in and what they're like vs 1xbs 
popcorn.gif

nothing beats the 1XB's in solely bass - that I can tell you right now, and nor do these lol
Not even close in bass quantity....
1XB...that shiz crazy :D!

Quote:
Do you mean these ones?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170813621185&viewitem=
Tell us more about those.

Indeed
And... just look it up - I have impression already, and review will hopefully come when i finish burning them in.

Quote:
I got a chance to hear the famed CKS77 and I have to say they weren't as good as I thought they'd be.  I was expecting the end all be all of bass IEM's after reading certain peoples impressions of them in this thread but I feel my MG7's are better in every way except soundstage.  Now if what your looking for is a bass heavy IEM with a big soundstage then these are a good choice but as far as clarity, detail and more well textured deeper bass than the Atrio's the winner.  Now are the CKS77 worth the $84 they go for on Accessory Jack, I think so but imo the MG7 is a technically better IEM.

That's what I'm feeling atm.
But liking both tbh.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #583 of 1,518

Quote:

Sure if you want a closed in presentation. They sound good don't get me wrong but once you get used to owning a CKS77 and are used to the sound and then go to a Atrio it is like listening to music with small speakers.. Your right they do have a flatter cleaner sound but so does my $25 isurus.  You think that is more technically better for you but certainly not any more enjoyable. That is just your opinion.  I think it will be more of a sound preference.

Now that this thread is up and many a guys will get the CKS77.. I think both iems are great at what they do. I thought the Atrios are more similar to a monitor type sound so that is why I decided to take that comparo out of my thread. The sound signature is completely different.. There are certain things that the CKS earphones do better and I do agree the atrios have the more flatter sound.  But that is not what makes these CKS77 engaging. There is nothing about these that are flat.  I think there are more differences in how the sounds are presented than similarities.. And certainly both are enjoyable for their strengths..

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #584 of 1,518
^ difference is:
MG7's so far are the sub-bass kings.
And I think they still might hold that title.
CKS77 and MDT coming very, very close to it.

Both the other 2 concentrate on mid-bass more than anything.
CKS77 > MDT I would say.

CKS77 > MG7 = I don't think so.
You made it seem like the CKS77 outclass the MG7's by a HUGE mile. They don't, at least not so far.
Don't get me wrong though...if you want bass with depth, CKS77 is a no brainer.

MG7's also are still for me the best for trance.
CKS77's are much more slower paced, and sometimes get caught up with their chamber handling fast EDM.

Oh and I'm not defending the MG7's by any means.
I have 4 new earphones in front of me right now:
A03, A00, CKS77, I 3C-S

Each of them have their pros and cons, and so do the MG7's

Out of those 5 I listed, MG7's and CKS77's are the ones I actually paid for.
Funnily enough, they are the ones I kind of prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back