The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 25, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #601 of 1,518

Quote:

If clarity is of most importance to you. While the clarity of these CKS77 are outstanding for having this big bassy presentation. These are more for you. You can read my review on the first page.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet/15#post_8331523

Thank you for the advice  
wink.gif

I meant next week, summer is still far to come!
When i'll be back i'll show what i've bought

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #602 of 1,518
@those who have the ATH-CKS77:

Do the ATH-CKS77 have bassy mids?

I don't have them it even if I did what your asking is very brief as bass is the low frequencies and mids are higher. Is what your asking does that bass have a bleed into the mids? Just wanted to clarify the question for others to help you :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #603 of 1,518

Quote:
@those who have the ATH-CKS77:

Do the ATH-CKS77 have bassy mids?

Bassy mids?
well the mids are crystal clear for me.

Quote:
Hey that's a good problem to have. You have much wealth in earphones. Lol!. Well see to me the reason why the CKS77 are Trance kings is because they have such a big sound. If I was to go see a live Trance show I don't know if I want to see a small trance show vs something in like a live stadium. Why do I have a feeling these are growing on you by the minute. Lol.

Having too many...is slight problem...have them all here...waiting like candy top be listened to lol.

Want to know the worst thing?
Have the "big boys" coming in.
Grado GR8 & PFE 232's

That said, this does help my addiction :D

Current list (6):
-MG7
-CKS77
-MP 8320
-A03
-A00
-I 3C-S

Coming in:
-PFE232
-GR8
-Crystal

Bringing it to 9...*gulp*

Oh and just bought back a set of XB700's
Make that 10.

Quote:
I'm definitely buying a pair of these!!
My only question is, how do they sound for rock?  I listen to a lot of mainstream rock like Evanescence and Linkin Park, but also lots of indie type stuff. Will these do those genres justice?

these sound great for rock.
Thumping bass, good depth and nice instrument separation :)

Quote:
Are these a bass oriented headphone? Wouldn't interest me coming from what I own if so

These are, and most definitely, if you aren't into bass, you won't like them at all.

Just an update on my part:
"Cons"
-Microphonics are present - slightly annoyed I can't do anything about it this time.
-Still bass heavy
-Slip out with stock silicone tips, whilst walking
-Slight hiss with ZO2, as they are much easier to drive than my MG7s

"Pros"
-Nice mids and highs
-Good cable quality
-Enjoying the thumping bass
-Like the depth

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #609 of 1,518
Okay. Im only ever on flat, hate EQ even though my j3 can do it nicely.

Well if in future want to listen with ZO2 his less what I just said will work a treat.

Hey I got a ZO2, and what exactly do you mean by putting in a resistor? Open up the ZO2 and change the resistor in the circuit?

Oh and I love EQ haha

Cheers, and sorry for my ignorance :D

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #612 of 1,518
Already posted initial impressions :)

Still boomy bass over here.
Bass bleeds a little into the mids.

Wearing them now, listening to some notorious BIG.

Have you found a good quality recording of Juicy?

And thanks for vid above! Can you let me know if the resistor decreases the hiss in high gain please?

Cheers

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #614 of 1,518
Danny93, it is an attatchment or adapter that you plug your earphones into. It can add all different amounts of impedance to that already of your earphone. For example if you have a earphone of 16 ohms you could add say 100 ohms on top to make it 116 ohms. You can get them of eBay and choose what impedance you want the resistance to be I think varying from low such as 20/25 to over a 100. They also come with earphones such as Shure in the form of airplane attenuators. I have a UE airplane attenuator that is 100 ohms resistance.

Because the low impedance of the CKS77 the output if the ZO2 does not drive it at top efficiency and can cause hiss or other problems. To solve this you can add impedance using a resistor or attenuator and this problem will be removed. It is likely a lot of you will have one laying around in your collection from an accessory pack.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #615 of 1,518
Just received my pair from AJ.. Ordered friday by EMS.. These are amazing.. Really amazing.. I use to have to add +5db bass in voodoo to get the mg7s to a place where I felt they had at least enough bass and these are already past that without a boost... The mids are more present and clearer as well and the highs sound right.. This is with no burn in straight from the box.. They are boomy but it isn't a loose boomy.. Not sure exactly how to describe it.. The mg7 are far more tight bass wise but they also don't come very close to these bass wise.. These are more comfortable as well for me and they don't stick out at all like I thought they would in appearance.. If you want a monitor with bass mg7 is better if you want an overall more enveloping and fun sound right out of the box these already walk all over the mg7.. Just initial impressions if they get better with burn in that's only a plus for me.. Thanks for the recommendation dsnuts =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back