The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #556 of 1,518
The build looks a lot better than my able planets and mine are 80 dollars more expensive. :O what's going on there?!

Cool burn in station. Mines no where near as glamorous but I only have one on the go and there in a box to to stop cats attacking them.

Just thought I'd say bass is never tight unburned in its just mechanics so no one should be suprised.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #557 of 1,518

Quote:
Even with bass light tunes 
confused.gif
...as non bass lovers wouldnt be listening to tracks which are bass heavy!?

Audio technica weren't lying when they said solid bass.
These so far have a lot of bass.
No compromise, as said from you guys of the mids and highs...but for HF'ers who think the Westones' are bassy....these are bass canons so far (i love it don't get me wrong)

I'll be surely recommending these for bass lovers.

ie. This normally doesn't have that much bass...even with my MG7's - with the CKS77's bass keeps bumpin'

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #559 of 1,518
Quote:
Audio technica weren't lying when they said solid bass.
These so far have a lot of bass.

ie. This normally doesn't have that much bass...even with my MG7's - with the CKS77's bass keeps bumpin'

Fair enough, I love that song...one of my most played :D 

You trued it with the ZO2 yet, put it on red setting! 
eek.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #560 of 1,518

Quote:
lol. BG, I can see those guys selling out of those in a hurry..

Yeah, I was tempted to order another pair.
But now you've got me wanting to try the CKM500's.
AND I just heard Denon is discontinuing the D2000/D5000/D7000 line of headphones. 
I've got too many things I want to try!
I know "welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet!"
*LOL*

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #561 of 1,518
You guys heard it here first.. That means you Alberto. You want to get a cheap one with no box.. That deal on Ebay seems legit. I do believe they are factory 2nds but who cares when you get the original sound.

Hey BG does the earphones look new? Any scuffs or anything? Just the earphones no extra tips? Is the tip that came with them original or the same ones that come on the boxed pair?

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #562 of 1,518

Quote:
Yeah, I was tempted to order another pair.
But now you've got me wanting to try the CKM500's.
AND I just heard Denon is discontinuing the D2000/D5000/D7000 line of headphones. 
I've got too many things I want to try!
I know "welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet!"
*LOL*

denon ain't discontinuing - just updating
D2k, 25k, d7k 2012 edition :)

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #563 of 1,518
I got solid red ones.
There is one "chip" of about 1/16th on an inch on one of them.
Other than that, they, look brand new.
They came with the medium tips on, and a pair of small tips as well. All tips look brand new.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #564 of 1,518

Quote:
I got solid red ones.
There is one "chip" of about 1/16th on an inch on one of them.
Other than that, they, look brand new.
They came with the medium tips on, and a pair of small tips as well. All tips look brand new.

Aha so they have minor imperfections. This is the reason why they have no box.. These are factory seconds. Wow at half price. That is a damn good deal. The sound should be the same however. That is awesome news. That same dealer on ebay also had the older CKS90 and the CKM77 for cheap as well but if you can get a CKS77 for $52 that is an awesome deal. Oh an the CKM500.. Thumbs up on those my friend. Nice different sound.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #567 of 1,518

Quote:

Aha so they have minor imperfections. This is the reason why they have no box.. These are factory seconds. Wow at half price. That is a damn good deal. The sound should be the same however. That is awesome news. That same dealer on ebay also had the older CKS90 and the CKM77 for cheap as well but if you can get a CKS77 for $52 that is an awesome deal. Oh an the CKM500.. Thumbs up on those my friend. Nice different sound.

That's my guess, that they're seconds/returns.
They sound GREAT to me!  I'm hearing basically no difference from my other pair of CKS77's (discounting burn-in factor).

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #568 of 1,518

Quote:

Just make sure you take the filer out of the nozzle.. You will understand once you hear those. They sound 100% better with them out.

The non-mic version can be had of that guy for 20 quid (unsure of dollars) which is darn cheap! I wanna try some audio technicas but can justify it!

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #569 of 1,518

For those who have ordered from Accessoryjack.com to the USA, I have the following questions:

Was the tracking service effective all the way to the delivery destination?

How good, that is how detailed was the tracking between Hong Kong and the destination address in the US?

I found tracking to be very accurate & thorough from the moment AccessoryJack shipped them, read below.

well tracking is kinda moot. As they will give you a tracking number but all I got was Delivered to HongKong Post and 10 days later I got it. I don't know if it is because of Chinese law or what but I wasn't able to track exactly where it was going from. AJ is a great place to buy but it seems those out of box CKS77s in ebay going for $52 seem to be real.

lol. BG, I can see those guys selling out of those in a hurry..

Here's a little trick I learned from my prior experience buying phones from overseas vendors (namely, Fischer Audio & a UK eBay seller)...

Once the phones have left the foreign country's mail system (in this case, Hong Kong post), you can **usually** use the same (vendor provided) foreign tracking # in your domestic mail tracking system.  I'm in the United States, so after ordering from AJ, I used the Hong Kong mail/tracking system for a few days.  When I noticed there were no status updates there after a few days (I figured it was traveling across the ocean), I plugged the same tracking # into USPS.com (US domestic mail system) and wha-la, I was able to track it domestically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back