The ATH-CKS1000..
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #436 of 582
nick becoming a CKS1K fan? Lol. Ya I am glad you got to hear Waynes pair.. What you just wrote is what I have been telling guys that give up on burning these in. That is the end results. It is nothing short of brilliant..I am happy you got to hear a well burned in pair..

I know I have many guys that think I am crazy around these parts for saying burn them in for 400 hours but.. You are hearing the end results. Believe me they sound nothing like that on open box or even the first 200 hours.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #437 of 582
I realllly wasn't expecting this.... I thought maybe hearing some new stuff would be hazardous, this is dangerous.

It takes maybe 2 or 3 minutes to let the sound settle around and absorb into you  but then, at that point, it's over.
rolleyes.gif

Took a few days to figure out how to properly describe the rest of it and i probably still haven't, but I said that 3D thing when Wayne was there he will tell ya i am not making stuff up...
 Your impressions are bang-on, perhaps better way of describing them than I can.

People pay very close attention to Dsnuts ( and others ) impressions on these things, even if you have to read between the lines. There's descriptions yeah, but then there's hearing it firsthand.

You know what is sad also. in searching through this thread it always basically came down to the few same members posting, just how are these not a huge deal?
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #439 of 582
Great impressions there nick n!
Complete immersion definitely describes the CKS1000 well! 
basshead.gif

And this CKS1000 definitely made me a firm believer in burn-in for dynamic drivers! Out of the box or Burn-in at 100 hours , and Burn-in after 400 hours is a night and day difference! 

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #440 of 582
Quote:

You know what is sad also. in searching through this thread it always basically came down to the few same members posting, just how are these not a huge deal?
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
^ DAT DOODLE GRAPH!!!
cool.gif

Nuff said.

Yeah many people can't get past the FR graph
and people are afraid of how they might look when wearing it, which is nowhere as bad as they think

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #441 of 582
Many guys sadly give up on these as they need that burn in for them to sound like they do. These almost morph in sound.. Guys that don't believe in burn in will think these are terrible sounding earphones and even guys that do burn them in they give up after 200 hours thinking that is all it takes. But that is reality. When you spend a lot of money on iems you want that instant satisfaction.  Unfortunately these take time for that to happen.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #443 of 582
Quote:
I would never go through the hassle of 400hours burn in only to have it sound good lol. So much competition which sounds excellent from the beginning

Ya' mon but it makes the experience THAT much more interesting and intimate. I actually like the journey more than the destination tbh. It makes it fun hearing all those changes through out the burn in stages.

Hey that's just me though, maybe i am just weird.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #444 of 582
So it's a sad sad day I returned the borrowed pair to it's rightful owner.

uuuuugh JUST REALIZED there is a mention of two post settings for tips  I never tested that out. ( does it make that much difference???)

" dangit,  stupid dingus." as a famous Doctor says.

Browsing through here because they are haunting me still so I did a search since there are those limited versions, the red ones.  Is there any technical difference between the two or is it aesthetics only?  Nothing in my searches here could tell me that, and what little i see in auction descriptions says that is the case just colour difference.  It's like a $35 difference simply for colour ( why does that not surprise me at all )
And prices seem to be all over the map still with no signs of dropping. Is it true they are discontinued now?

I'll grab some just a matter of when. Not something easliy forgotten. They are imprinted into me acoustigenetically.

Funny too rereading a few of these posts about tests/graphs and such.  Nothing of that even entered my mind during the time I had them, at all.

where's the hype? Where's the love? Screw it it's their loss.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #445 of 582
^ Haven't you seen that doodle art graph you noob??? These are obvious FOTMs material and is not worthy of any mention or love from the head-fi community. THESE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!
tongue.gif

Yeah think the limited edition red ones sounds slightly different and is charted a bit lower in those fancy Jpnese audiophile rankings. So the most safe bet is to go for the regular ones since it's cheaper anyways. 

Hey didn't WAYNE hook you up with these??? Or did i miss something.
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #446 of 582
Quote:
Yeah think the limited edition red ones sounds slightly different and is charted a bit lower in those fancy Jpnese audiophile rankings. So the most safe bet is to go for the regular ones since it's cheaper anyways.

where'd you find that tidbit out? 

And FOTM  yeah riiight suuure      because everyone is all over these like ants are to sugar, or SF is to trolling
ph34r.gif
Can't you see how fast this thread is rolling we can hardly keep up.
tongue.gif
  I made sure Wayne was sure...  so I returned them ( could sense the mild panic and withdrawls in his message "tone" ). I think he got sidetracked forgetting how they are... couldn't do that to him. Kick-him-when-he's-down-a-CKS, in this case though  it would have been stomp-him-repeatedly- run-him-over-with-a-steamroller-then- roll- him- into- a- ditch levels in my opinion. Betcha he checks back in later and agrees.

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #447 of 582
Quote:
where'd you find that tidbit out? 

And FOTM  yeah riiight suuure      because everyone is all over these like ants are to sugar, or SF is to trolling
ph34r.gif
Can't you see how fast this thread is rolling we can hardly keep up.
tongue.gif
  I made sure Wayne was sure...  so I returned them ( could sense the mild panic and withdrawls in his message "tone" ). I think he got sidetracked forgetting how they are... couldn't do that to him.

What? All I said was "I want my 1k's back now - send them back to me NOW!". How can you read any "tone" into that? 
size]

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #448 of 582
Heeeeeeeyyyyy guys.

So I LOVE the Carbo Bassos (thank you Dsnuts for the intro and push to get them), while not as clear as my FXZ200, they present music so well that despite the clarity difference, I actually rank them side-by-side in music enjoyment.

Ssssssssooooooooooooo

Ima looking at the CKS1000 as an upgrade to carbo basso.

THING IS:
CKS1000 and CKS1000LTD.

I dig the RED.
But, i read here and there that it SEEMS that the LTD version is tuned differently, true? No?
It's actually cheaper than the regular version on several websites.

And will there be a chance i will be disappointed by them coming from carbo basso?

Love ya guys.

*hugs and kisses*

*I think i'm high*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back