The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
May 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #241 of 1,921
A BIG THANKS! to you Dsnuts for your review of the CKM 500's. I ordered a set from Aceofbicycles on EBay (great folks to do business with!) and received them promptly. I got the red color and fondly call them my "cherry bombs".

Man O man, they are wonderful bombs for sure! What amazing and beautiful sound comes thru these little babies. They just pour jazz into my ears like no other product! No burn in. Right out of the box for my most incredible listening experience. There is so much depth to the music. Just layers of sound that I have never heard before. AMAZING!!

My goal is to just hear beautiful music. I am not trying to find the "ultimate" headphone. Well, these little guys do the job for me. I can now have the most wonderful listening experience thanks to you Dsnuts. If you hadn't done your review, I never would have known about them. Thank you for your service on this forum!!!

Hey you other folks out there, do yourself a favor, buy a set of these, you will be in nirvana when you slap them on!! Don't wait!!

I also want to recommend that you folks take a listen to jazz sometimes. Jazz runs the gamut from Dixieland to Vocal to New Age. And on these CKM 500's it comes alive and in depth! You will not regret owning these!

May 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #242 of 1,921
What is some good sounding jazz? I like certain progressive rock/jazz fusion albums, but i have never really listened to any straight up jazz. Where should i start?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

May 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #243 of 1,921
Quote:
A BIG THANKS! to you Dsnuts for your review of the CKM 500's. I ordered a set from Aceofbicycles on EBay (great folks to do business with!) and received them promptly. I got the red color and fondly call them my "cherry bombs".

Man O man, they are wonderful bombs for sure! What amazing and beautiful sound comes thru these little babies. They just pour jazz into my ears like no other product! No burn in. Right out of the box for my most incredible listening experience. There is so much depth to the music. Just layers of sound that I have never heard before. AMAZING!!

My goal is to just hear beautiful music. I am not trying to find the "ultimate" headphone. Well, these little guys do the job for me. I can now have the most wonderful listening experience thanks to you Dsnuts. If you hadn't done your review, I never would have known about them. Thank you for your service on this forum!!!

Hey you other folks out there, do yourself a favor, buy a set of these, you will be in nirvana when you slap them on!! Don't wait!!

I also want to recommend that you folks take a listen to jazz sometimes. Jazz runs the gamut from Dixieland to Vocal to New Age. And on these CKM 500's it comes alive and in depth! You will not regret owning these!

I knew you would like these a little..But the most incredible listening experience for you? Lol! Glad you like them.  I was listening to them all day yesterday.. It is astounding all the little details you pick up on your favorite tunes with these. Enjoy my friend and I am glad I was able to point you in the right direction for an awesome listening experience without spending too much to get there..

Truth be told I much prefer these over my Miles Davis Tributes for Jazz...And you just got them. Wow. I can't imagine what you will think once you get these nice n burned in. Happy listening..

May 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #244 of 1,921
Quote:
I might order these, as my ears cannot take the pounding bass of the cks77!
I'm a little bit of a treble head, would these fit my tastes?
Although like another user said here, I'm not a huge fan of the extension cord.

Ya the treble on these are the best of any earphone I have ever heard. Clean extended refined, deeply  layered, precise with no sharp fatiguing sound or sibilance of any kind. AT really did a knock out job in refining the sound on these. I would sell your CKS77s and order a pair of these instead. ..

You won't care about the extension cord once you hear these. Lol!.

May 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #245 of 1,921
Anyone who want to take the sound even further with the CKM500 I suggest using J Rivers: Crossfeed - Pronounced, Environment; Concert Hall +1, Surround Field; Subtle or medium enhancement. Now it sound more natural, lively and coherent with better layering.

May 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #247 of 1,921
After reading this thread I decided to get a pair from ebay also, hopefully I will be getting them next week.
Even though I already own ES3X customs and CK100, I'm really curious about how good these can sound, especially at this price! Not to mention these look absolutely beautiful!
I will share my thoughts once I listen to them for a couple days

Btw, how's the isolation of the CKM500?

May 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #248 of 1,921
Quote:
After reading this thread I decided to get a pair from ebay also, hopefully I will be getting them next week.
Even though I already own ES3X customs and CK100, I'm really curious about how good these can sound, especially at this price! Not to mention these look absolutely beautiful!
I will share my thoughts once I listen to them for a couple days

Btw, how's the isolation of the CKM500?

These have air vents on the back end of the earphones which give these a spacious sound so isolation is not the best. But I am sure once you hear how these sound you might forgive the fact that they don't have the best isolation. Look forward to your take on them.

May 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #249 of 1,921
Quote:
These have air vents on the back end of the earphones which give these a spacious sound so isolation is not the best. But I am sure once you hear how these sound you might forgive the fact that they don't have the best isolation. Look forward to your take on them.

Oh really?  How open are they?  Suitable for normal conversation at low volume?  Sounds like they might excel at low volume listening.

May 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #250 of 1,921
Quote:

Oh really?  How open are they?  Suitable for normal conversation at low volume?  Sounds like they might excel at low volume listening.

On the back part of the driver is a new extended air chamber for deeper/wider sound, which is a design that AT is going with on all their newer earphones. Where the cord meets the back end of the driver going into the main housing of the driver in between are air vents on the top of the housing so these do not isolate and yes you can have conversations while listening to these with low volume. They actually sound great for low volume listening..

May 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #251 of 1,921
I will second the opinion of Dsnuts. At low volume, the quality of sound thru these babies is much better than other iem's I have used. And yes, you can carry on a conversation while listening at low volume. Of course, crank 'em up and shut out the world for a wonderful experience!

For the other member who questioned what type of jazz to start listening to, I would recommend that he Turn to the Internet radio stations. There are music channels from all over the globe and they play every type of music. Select and sample different type of jazz genre's and find your "sweet spot" of listening pleasure. I have found that my listening varies with my mood and indeed the time of day. Night time is smooth, cool jazz time and the rest of the day depends on my mood. Jazz is great! And so are these CKM500's!

May 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #253 of 1,921
Quote:
Seeing as they are more refined how would they compare to the bass of the MG7? I know depth/stage wont be a competition but the ckm50 was muddy for me.
how do these do?

Also did anyone get these with packaging?

The main difference will be a solid tier or two over the MG7 in overall sound quality. I am listening to my MG7s now actually. I have to be completely honest. These things are so overrated I have no idea how guys can think these sound so good.. Everything sounds so flat to me. Sure the sub bass is great but man hows about throwing out some clean instrument separation and better detail for a $100 plus earphone. If you want bass I would go for the CKS77. Check out the new discovery thread for the JVCs I will posting some startling comparisons

The $16 JVC HAF101 Vs the MG7. Should make for an interesting read. Anyhow. .These aren't bass heavy but they do have solid bass and overall a tight clean sound for all music. Think of these as a more exciting neutral sound and you will get the idea but these do have a sound quality that will surprise anyone that tries them.

May 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #254 of 1,921
Hi, could anyone comment on these earphones compared to the JVC FXT90?

How is the comfort and fit of these?

I'm just kidding but I regret coming into this thread.
I got the fischer audio silver bullets last year in June, I got the UE TF10s during the Amazon black friday sale, and then I got the Yamaha EPH100s in December.
All 3 of them are working perfectly and yet here I am looking to get a 4th pair of earphones in a year!

May 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #255 of 1,921
Quote:
Hi, could anyone comment on these earphones compared to the JVC FXT90?

How is the comfort and fit of these?

I'm just kidding but I regret coming into this thread.
I got the fischer audio silver bullets last year in June, I got the UE TF10s during the Amazon black friday sale, and then I got the Yamaha EPH100s in December.
All 3 of them are working perfectly and yet here I am looking to get a 4th pair of earphones in a year!

What, only 4 in a year?

Where did we go wrong???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back