The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Jan 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #271 of 1,323
Really? I'm missing the point? More like I haven't typed it right. I said best of the best, YES. Now, do you really think I give a care if you like joker or not? Do I care about his opinion that much? No, I don't unfortunately for most people. I do respect him, but even I don't agree with him. Also, to me  I think it IS the best of the best, your review has shown things that I like in an SQ, this for the price of $140? Count ME in for it! IF I could afford it. Sorry that you and I didn't understand each other, but what I meant

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #272 of 1,323

Quote:
So guys... since AT is a well known brand I figured I should find a lot of them in B&M stores here in Hong Kong, but maybe not exactly the CKM50.  So I'm thinking I should go to Mong Kok armed with a whole list of cheap AT IEMs (or headphones) people are interested in that I could buy and give impressions on.  Perhaps something that Dsnuts hasn't yet ordered?  Suggestions people?

(I mean I'd choose one off the list to buy and try, not the whole list. LOL!)

If you can't get them cheaper off Amazon, then the ES3W, and the ON3W.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #273 of 1,323

Quote:
Really? I'm missing the point? More like I haven't typed it right. I said best of the best, YES. Now, do you really think I give a care if you like joker or not? Do I care about his opinion that much? No, I don't unfortunately for most people. I do respect him, but even I don't agree with him. Also, to me  I think it IS the best of the best, your review has shown things that I like in an SQ, this for the price of $140? Count ME in for it! IF I could afford it. Sorry that you and I didn't understand each other, but what I meant

Errrr when did I say that you were missing the point? Sorry, I'm confused here.

Edit: OMG I'm getting stuff mixed up here. And vlenbo I think he's talking to me not you.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #274 of 1,323

Quote:
Errrr when did I say that you were missing the point? Sorry, I'm confused here.

That wasn't to you, and his response wasn't to you either, don't worry. I just wanted to tell him that he has two earphones to compare and to him, it is the winner to his ears, the JVC's vs ATH's earphones. I said best of best, I should have said he got what seems to be the best at the moment, best of the best since the price is really REALLY GOOD. To me that is, so I should have said, it was a better choice. Sorry for that eric.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #275 of 1,323
No problem guys. Let's do what we all seem to agree on, to drop it.

For the record though, I did not say I don't like joker....lol (double negative I know, but I need to make this point). I don't have ANYTHING against joker (I really want to clear that up more than anything). I'm just saying joker has his point of view and I have mine. Hope you guys find the best sounding IEMs you can at the best budget prices. Dsnuts seems to have this down to a science. Again, happy listening!!

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #276 of 1,323
Well forget about other phones, I went ahead and got the CKM50 from amazon.  It was back down to $24, with shipping to Hong Kong by snail mail it totalled $40.  I'll get them in the middle of February at the earliest.
redface.gif

The other thing I noticed is that the black Philips SHE3580 are going for the crazy price of $1.99 right now.  LOL I tried to add them to my cart but they won't ship to Hong Kong.  In fact about the only thing they'd ship to Hong Kong are the AT CKM50. LOL

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #277 of 1,323

Quote:
Well forget about other phones, I went ahead and got the CKM50 from amazon.  It was back down to $24, with shipping to Hong Kong by snail mail it totalled $40.  I'll get them in the middle of February at the earliest.
redface.gif

The other thing I noticed is that the black Philips SHE3580 are going for the crazy price of $1.99 right now.  LOL I tried to add them to my cart but they won't ship to Hong Kong.  In fact about the only thing they'd ship to Hong Kong are the AT CKM50. LOL

You pay less for shipping and handling than Canadians do...

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #278 of 1,323
You pay less for shipping and handling than Canadians do...

How much does it cost for someone in the US to ship to you? I thought it was only like 11 bucks for something that size... I might be willing to do it through ups or usps

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #279 of 1,323

Quote:
How much does it cost for someone in the US to ship to you? I thought it was only like 11 bucks for something that size... I might be willing to do it through ups or usps

Last time I bought the Maximo iM-590s off cnhardwick it was around $5. $11 is a bit much for something that small.

Edit: According to USPS First-Class Mail International Parcel it's $3.30. I don't really care how long it takes to arrive as long as it's cheap and the package isn't damaged during transport.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #280 of 1,323

Quote:
redface.gif

You definitely got the right one. I was listening to my CKM55s on the way home. I think I figured out why they sound kinda off..It sounds like the housing made the sounds have more reverb, add to that more bass and less highs and you get this really thick and less tight sounding version of the CKM50s.

Hate to say it but they are going for of all sound signatures a beats like sound. Lol!! That is what Is up! This one is a real head scratcher indeed.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #281 of 1,323
Has anyone heard these vs. the ViSang/vsonic R02's??

I want to buy some headphones for myself and the R02's are the absolute favorite pair I've ever heard. I had them in my possession and... gave them away.

These ones are somewhat cheaper, will get to me quicker, and I do like to try new things.

BUT- if they can't stack up, I don't want to waste the dosh either. I know something I really truly do like and to get another pair that I can just 'tolerate' would be a waste 
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #283 of 1,323
I unexpectedly received my CKM50s the day after I ordered them, even though I used two-day shipping (gotta love Amazon Prime)!

Within seconds of listening, I could already tell that these were going to be more to my liking than the Isurus.  I couldn't even listen to the Isurus without trying numerous tips and letting them burn in for about 100 hours...and even then, the treble was still hotter than I prefer. No sibilance at all with the CKM50 using stock tips, but still a really nice level of detail.  Imaging is excellent, as Dsnuts mentioned. Very good separation.

Will try some other tips tomorrow to see what that does to the sound.

One thing for sure: At this price, these are keepers for me.  Thanks Dsnuts!

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #284 of 1,323
@Dsnuts, congratulations on finding another gem, unfortunately for me and other EU users, will not be possible to try, since it is not advantageous the purchase of this iem in EU.

Thus, would be good in the future, that you should make good discoveries, in models that can also be easily purchased in the EU.,  Ebay.uk.de as amazon.co.uk.de.es.

Keep up the good work for the community.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #285 of 1,323

Quote:
Has anyone heard these vs. the ViSang/vsonic R02's??

I want to buy some headphones for myself and the R02's are the absolute favorite pair I've ever heard. I had them in my possession and... gave them away.

These ones are somewhat cheaper, will get to me quicker, and I do like to try new things.

BUT- if they can't stack up, I don't want to waste the dosh either. I know something I really truly do like and to get another pair that I can just 'tolerate' would be a waste 
frown.gif

I am very confident that you will find these to your liking. I don't know if you was following my TT Isurus thread but I went through roughly 15 or so iems to find these. The sound on these are excellent and I would grab one while they are available for $25. Or you will miss out..Wait for more impressions if you like but there are more and more of these being sold until Amazon decides to up the price. As they always do. Heck even the supposed upgrade to these turned out to be a downgrade. Get one these will surprise you like they did for me.

Quote:
I unexpectedly received my CKM50s the day after I ordered them, even though I used two-day shipping (gotta love Amazon Prime)!

Within seconds of listening, I could already tell that these were going to be more to my liking than the Isurus.  I couldn't even listen to the Isurus without trying numerous tips and letting them burn in for about 100 hours...and even then, the treble was still hotter than I prefer. No sibilance at all with the CKM50 using stock tips, but still a really nice level of detail.  Imaging is excellent, as Dsnuts mentioned. Very good separation.

Will try some other tips tomorrow to see what that does to the sound.

One thing for sure: At this price, these are keepers for me.  Thanks Dsnuts!

Ya not everyone liked them isurus sound signature..I suppose you have to somewhat get used to that sound..I loved the clarity and detailing of the isurus. I think the detailing of these CKM50s are not as good but makes up for it huge with a much more musical sound that is not only easier on the ears but has a unique full layered sound that none of my other iems can match. Once you get used to the sounds from these CKM50s when you change back up to your other iems you will understand as the previous stuff you had will now sound flat and less engaging.  That my friend makes these special for me. Love this sound that emits though the CKM50.. I only wished the CKM55 was an improvement.

Quote:
@Dsnuts, congratulations on finding another gem, unfortunately for me and other EU users, will not be possible to try, since it is not advantageous the purchase of this iem in EU.

Thus, would be good in the future, that you should make good discoveries, in models that can also be easily purchased in the EU.,  Ebay.uk.de as amazon.co.uk.de.es.

Keep up the good work for the community.

Ya it is unfortunate about the world availability of these units. Stay tuned however as I will be testing the new Philips earphones that will come out in a month or so.. I have some high expectations of those and I bet those will be available to you guys before even us in the states. I will post impressions on the isurus thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back