The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread
Oct 19, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #826 of 827
Thanks for this. I thought it may be higher up in than 10khz, but anyhow, that seems to be a good place for it to be. I've been using these over my DT880s for over a week now, and I certainly prefer the treble from them.

I find the bass boost on the old FiiO E11 to be best for these. I may try and find someones review of the E11 as they did a graph to show what frequency and by how much the bass boost changed things on the E11. It is mostly the lower bass, but slightly bleeds into the midrange too. That usually can be a problem, but not with the AD700s.

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #827 of 827
Thanks for this. I thought it may be higher up in than 10khz, but anyhow, that seems to be a good place for it to be. I've been using these over my DT880s for over a week now, and I certainly prefer the treble from them.

I find the bass boost on the old FiiO E11 to be best for these. I may try and find someones review of the E11 as they did a graph to show what frequency and by how much the bass boost changed things on the E11. It is mostly the lower bass, but slightly bleeds into the midrange too. That usually can be a problem, but not with the AD700s.
I really like it with the iCan (original, not pro), since the iCan has a super low output impedence (less than 0.1 ohm) and is ideal impedance match given they are very efficient and low ohm. And the analog bass boost is well implemented, and like you said, doesn't bloom much because they are quite bass light without it :)

I also really enjoy it from tubes. Been using a sunrise 3 with it on 1 ohm setting, and its absolutely wonderful. I prefer warmer tubes with it that have decent bass and mids with body, like RCA clear tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back