The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 1, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #7,036 of 9,131
Apr 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #7,037 of 9,131
Apr 1, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #7,039 of 9,131
  By the way the chances of getting AK to respond to your request is slim...RWA a great alternative to get problem solved.

That is another reason to buy from an authorized dealer.   I have never had a problem getting my issues with my ak240 resolved.  I just go through my dealer.   They can intercede on your behalf.  In my case, my screen was acting weird.   I talked to my dealer and they contacted iriver for me.   They authorized an exchange.   I brought in my defective unit and my dealer gave me a new one.

Really, I prefer it this way.  Who wants to deal directly with a mindless corporation?

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #7,040 of 9,131

That is another reason to buy from an authorized dealer.   I have never had a problem getting my issues with my ak240 resolved.  I just go through my dealer.   They can intercede on your behalf.  In my case, my screen was acting weird.   I talked to my dealer and they contacted iriver for me.   They authorized an exchange.   I brought in my defective unit and my dealer gave me a new one.

Really, I prefer it this way.  Who wants to deal directly with a mindless corporation?

+1 on this...
me, i just went straight to the distributor never contacted the authorized dealer coz when i googled it service centre for AK in my area certain comp pop up...then i called them, they asked the issue (2.5mm balanced port is loose) then the cust serv said in 3days i will have my replacement...they asked my receipt to be scanned and email to them...one trip to the service centre and i got my new AK240...
save time and no hassle.....

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #7,041 of 9,131
Hey guys,

Did anybody send 240SS to Vinnie for get RWAK ? 

I'm curious about the difference of RWAK240 and RWAK240SS..

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #7,042 of 9,131
I sent AK support this email, and I'm hoping others who have had this same problem do the same:

"I would like to suggest something for the next firmware upgrade for the AK240 and other players.  Can you please implement some sort of on/off switch in the settings so that you can turn off the volume control via the touch screen.  For example, if I have that setting to off, then I can only change the volume by using the volume wheel and not by using the touch screen.  

I have accidentally touched the screen right after a volume change and nearly blown out my ear drums, numerous times.  Especially when you have something like the JH Roxannes, its hard to pull them out quick enough.  

I still have ringing in my ear from the last time this happened yesterday"

I'm hoping this is an easy coding thing to do.  

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #7,043 of 9,131
  I sent AK support this email, and I'm hoping others who have had this same problem do the same:

"I would like to suggest something for the next firmware upgrade for the AK240 and other players.  Can you please implement some sort of on/off switch in the settings so that you can turn off the volume control via the touch screen.  For example, if I have that setting to off, then I can only change the volume by using the volume wheel and not by using the touch screen.  

I have accidentally touched the screen right after a volume change and nearly blown out my ear drums, numerous times.  Especially when you have something like the JH Roxannes, its hard to pull them out quick enough.  

What firmware version are you on? With 1.18 I cannot replicate this problem. Every time I tap on the volume right after turning the wheel, all that happens is the screen volume control goes away. The only way I can make the screen volume control change is to touch and slide up or down to increase/lower volume. When I do that, it makes no difference where I initially touch the screen, it only changes volume from where it originally was set. Meaning, volume level does not jump. The only way I can make the volume jump is to enable line out and touch the line out option and select "ok" after the warning.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #7,045 of 9,131
Hey guys,

Good lord,the 240ss needs a mod?I mean it is actually funny that somebody would pay for the 240ss and then send it off to be modded...perhaps you should add a chord hugo as well?

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #7,046 of 9,131

Cool, thanks, i had the same problem and i´m happy that this can never happen again. Looks strange in a train when i suddenly pull my IEM out of my ears...
blink.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #7,048 of 9,131
  Hey guys,

Good lord,the 240ss needs a mod?I mean it is actually funny that somebody would pay for the 240ss and then send it off to be modded...perhaps you should add a chord hugo as well?

I don't know actually,maybe some users can send it to Vinnie.Generally says 240SS is same with RWAK240.Maybe it can be better when it become modded.

But I don't know..

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #7,049 of 9,131

I don't know actually,maybe some users can send it to Vinnie.Generally says 240SS is same with RWAK240.Maybe it can be better when it become modded.

But I don't know..

Well if an AK240SS owner must have "True" line out, then RWA is the only option. But let's not assume Vinnie can or is willing to drill into a stainless steel case. I'm sure he will update on his forum at some point in the future.

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #7,050 of 9,131
I have a Ted Allen 2.5 millimeter TRRS cable for the AK240 and the Shure SE line of earphones. I also have the same from Moon Audio. Private message me if you are interested in these cables, which both have received less than a few hours of total usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back