The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #6,706 of 9,131
FYI : SanDisk stuffs 200GB into a microSD card  
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #6,707 of 9,131
Wow!Great news!Potentially makes a Titan into a device capable of holding 528GB

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #6,709 of 9,131

Not really, though the author says he will do an comparison when he gets home from Singapore.  He does like it better than 120II, though.

Er... I don't know mate, I thought he says 240's got more resolution. That's supposed to be a good thing right?

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #6,710 of 9,131
  Er... I don't know mate, I thought he says 240's got more resolution. That's supposed to be a good thing right?

I see what you're saying, though I think he was more specifically referencing the Roxanne combo with each DAP, playing the Dream Theater self titled album.  Owning K10's, I'm still awaiting a little more comprehensive comparison.  I almost bought a 240 last week, until I started thinking about the benefits of being able to stream Tidal.  Oh well, I'll wait a while longer and let things play out a while longer.  Cheers!

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #6,711 of 9,131

I see what you're saying, though I think he was more specifically referencing the Roxanne combo with each DAP, playing the Dream Theater self titled album.  Owning K10's, I'm still awaiting a little more comprehensive comparison.  I almost bought a 240 last week, until I started thinking about the benefits of being able to stream Tidal.  Oh well, I'll wait a while longer and let things play out a while longer.  Cheers!

I just hope that AK240 will get the Tidal streaming in the future. I personally don't need it as much so I am considering the Lotoo Paw Gold as well because it's so cheap in Korea where I'm living atm. ($2700-2800 in US and $1800 or less in Korea). but anyways, cheers!

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #6,712 of 9,131
  Does anybody use 240 with bluetooth ??? 

Yes on...

1. AK's remote control when using 240 as source to feed my home system (via toslink).
2. With my Bose Mini Soundlink speaker.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #6,715 of 9,131
  flyme, is the remote control the same one as the older generation AK players?

I have no idea sorry.  Bought this some 9 months ago...will post a photo tonight for your reference.

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #6,716 of 9,131
  I have no idea sorry.  Bought this some 9 months ago...will post a photo tonight for your reference.

http://www.iriver.co.kr/down/shop/product/(19606).jpg
Thanks but no real need to if this photo I found is right. I think it is the IAA01. It's actually out of production in Korea so I think they'll come up with a new and better one soon.

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #6,717 of 9,131
  http://www.iriver.co.kr/down/shop/product/(19606).jpg
Thanks but no real need to if this photo I found is right. I think it is the IAA01. It's actually out of production in Korea so I think they'll come up with a new and better one soon.

Ok. No problem.

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #6,718 of 9,131
  Yes on...

1. AK's remote control when using 240 as source to feed my home system (via toslink).
2. With my Bose Mini Soundlink speaker.

Thanks for answer Louis.

I'm gonna buy bluetooth aux adaptor for my Beolabs,I think 240 will work with that.

Here is the link of it:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJKRYVC/ref=twister_B00PRMVLSQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #6,719 of 9,131

Thanks for answer Louis.

I'm gonna buy bluetooth aux adaptor for my Beolabs,I think 240 will work with that.

Here is the link of it:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJKRYVC/ref=twister_B00PRMVLSQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cool.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #6,720 of 9,131
Ok. No problem.

I had that BT remote if you don't really need it do not spend the extra money on it it works yes but it's crappy build makes one look at it and go ahyyyyghh :pensive: it skips tracks volume up/down EQ on and off and I beli that's it if my memory serves me correctly......should've just come up with an app as well as a well built remote with a few more functions.....but each its own I sold mine when I sold my last 240 package deal even though I did like the stand nicely built :wink:.......and no the author from enjoythemusic.com hasn't run comparisons yet ....he states as many the 240 spends most it's time on the charger......I'm getting a ZX2 as I do like the design better and from what I'm hearing it's pretty close between the Sony and AK....The AK is the first audio purchase that I've made that I really felt a little disappointed in....yes it sounds great but I've already said my peace on the rest...and I've owned some pretty ok home audio gear, not so much portable....spent money on many luxury items electronics and other things and have never felt as let down as with this piece of gear....felt a little sad after the many small issues that they for some reason don't or are taking too long to address.....The sound yes is wonderful but the teething problems and such are too much for me to bear it's the 21st century I expect more and yes I will pay for it not a problem but it should make me feel like it's worth it.....so I kept the money after I sold them both ....and this past weekend went to the Louis Vuitton boutique and purchased a $2000 back pack .....I think I feel much better now ....damn quality is beautiful....very nicely well made ....I'm a little bit happier now :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back