The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #5,266 of 9,131
Here is a copy of a posting on the Qobuz web site.

Coming in September apparently but purchasing and downloading only not streaming.

"Est-ce que l'application Qobuz pour l'AK 240 existe déjà et si oui, comment la
Qobuz (Administrateur, Qobuz) a répondu · 27 juillet 2014

Bonjour,

Qobuz n’est pas encore intégré au système de votre appareil.
Cela aura lieu en septembre.
L’application Qobuz embarquée permettra d’acheter et de télécharger directement depuis votre AK 240. Il ne permettra pas le streaming.

En vous remerciant de votre compréhension et de votre confiance.
Cordialement."

is the application already implemented in the system of AK120 II and AK240 ?
I mean in French : est ce que cette application Qobuz est déjà déployée dans le system AK120 II et AK240 ?

thank you
sam

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #5,268 of 9,131
Has anyone translated the developer menu on the AK240 yet?  I really wish they'd make an SDK of some kind.

As seen here:  http://d.pr/i/KAUs

You can get to it by going to Settings->System Information and tapping on "Model Number" 5-7 times.

Sep 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #5,269 of 9,131
@ddaktiv, i can see your point though i am not sure about Symphonica, have both BDP and CD. actually for bass you can try some good recording of acoustic organ music, believe me in real life even no expensive loudspeaker would be able to match organ lower freq but it would give you some good idea of how good or close your equipment to pure reproduction.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #5,270 of 9,131
Has anyone translated the developer menu on the AK240 yet?  I really wish they'd make an SDK of some kind.

As seen here:  http://d.pr/i/KAUs

You can get to it by going to Settings->System Information and tapping on "Model Number" 5-7 times.

I asked a friend before who knew Korean and this is what he said (I ordered the buttons from left to right, top to bottom):

1. Wi-Fi
2. Setting (for Wi-Fi)
3. Bluetooth
4. Setting (for Bluetooth)
5. (in English already)
6. Audio
7. Touch Screen
8. (in English already)
9. Bundle Setting
10.Factory Reset
11.Factory Setting

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #5,271 of 9,131
Just updated to 1.16. Not sure what's changed. Anyone found the changlog?

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #5,272 of 9,131
Just updated to 1.16. Not sure what's changed. Anyone found the changlog?

From iRiver:

v1.16

[Improvements]

1. French supported.

2. Qobuz application added. (Shown only under European time zone) 
    Main - Store

3. Improved POP noise while playing PCM file after DSD file playback.

4. MQS streaming stabilization

Haven't tested whether there is any change(s) in the SQ, though.

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #5,273 of 9,131
thanks for the heads up, guys. I seldom turn on the wifi so it is good to know that there is a new firmware... upgrading as of now...

speaking of wifi, do u guys feel that the wifi is not so great on AK240 as compared to normal smartphones and laptop? like the reception isnt as strong....

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #5,274 of 9,131
What a disappointement !!!!
I waited that Qobuz app for week and...
1/ we can't browse the complete qobuz content but only their proposal ie. "Best choice", "best bought" ...
2/ you still have to pay online with a computer
3/ I was not able to create a new account from the AK. You have to use a computer as well
4/ MOST Important : NO STREAMING !!

Have I missed something ?
I'm really really disappointed.
Having that app only to propose you some specific content is a complete uselessness !
I really hope I missed some menu or that the app need to be updated in the days to come but right now I'm disgusted and don't want to buy my yearly subscription anymore...

What a bad surprise !!!

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #5,275 of 9,131
@ddaktiv, i can see your point though i am not sure about Symphonica, have both BDP and CD. actually for bass you can try some good recording of acoustic organ music, believe me in real life even no expensive loudspeaker would be able to match organ lower freq but it would give you some good idea of how good or close your equipment to pure reproduction.

Thanks gintares :) that's a new genre I've yet to explore.. I did mention symphonica though as heard it a hundred times on my phone and with my amps but never had the bass extended so deep, full, and subtle with the voices and instruments so clear as they did with the audeze. That's what actually floored me. I sat down audition oblivious to the crowd shuffling in the shop haha
I helped a guy buy some cable though as he seemed undecided so I guess my overstay was a plus for them :)
What organ music would you recommend? I keep thinking baroque and gothic cathedrals whenever I hear the word organ music thus my non exposure.. Though lately I've come to appreciate a bit of opera.. Not all though.
But i use Jessye Norman's take on wagner's wiesondonk lieder for testing a headphone/earphones sensitivity and shrillness.. There's one part where she begins to sing and it's so low and so softly that less sensitive cans/speakers won't properly stage her voice till it goes up.. It's amazing. I was using regular earphones that time when someone sampled their speakers for me and that's the only time I caught where she actually started the song.
Never appreciated opera till I heard that one too.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #5,277 of 9,131
Hi everyone I know this might sounds like a dumb question but I could not find what the icon means in the notification bar.
I looked at the manual and it is not specified there.
I was wondering what the icon with an arrow pointing up in a U looking shape meant. 

Thanks for the help!

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #5,279 of 9,131
Folks, whats the verdict on the SQ of 1.16? I am liking it so far...better balance/neutral voicing with greater sense of clarity... And little fuller body also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back