The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #4,216 of 9,131
  It will come soon, I bet.

Because actually AK240 is not the ultimate. You gotta be even more ultimate like over 9000...

It was the ultimate, then they said, no it is not actually, we lied to you. The real ultimate is coming this year but before you sell your "car" to buy that one, be careful because 6 months later we can improve that ultimate to something even more ultimate. When that time comes, you gotta need to sell your house to afford one of those but you will get the pinnacle of ultimate.... for something like another 6 months to 1 year at least.

*sigh*

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #4,217 of 9,131

Because actually AK240 is not the ultimate. You gotta be even more ultimate like over 9000...

It was the ultimate, then they said, no it is not actually, we lied to you. The real ultimate is coming this year but before you sell your "car" to buy that one, be careful because 6 months later we can improve that ultimate to something even more ultimate. When that time comes, you gotta need to sell your house to afford one of those but you will get the pinnacle of ultimate.... for something like another 6 months to 1 year at least.

*sigh*

hahahah this is soo true...the Ultimate has a sell-by date hahaha...gotta love em

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #4,218 of 9,131
iRiver USA or some other English-speaking branch really should work over their copy. Ultimate should never be used in advertising copy unless the product released will be your last, or is so absurd to never, ever, require a follow up. This is the 2nd 'ultimate'. If iRiver can shake the premature ejaculation and establish a reliable brand (that doesn't upgrade things when they make a mistake, and that owns up to their missteps), they may have something. They're doing something that no one has done. I like the idea. I just think the way they are doing it deserves ridicule.

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4,220 of 9,131
Does anyone known if AK240 will work as an android DAC like the alo international+?

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4,221 of 9,131

*sigh*

I relied on AAPL to fund my hobby as I don't own property, nor my car worth anything (8 years old, will be 9 in Feb). 

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #4,222 of 9,131
Question:

I understand that the player itself has 256GB of NAND memory.

However, when I connect it to my computer, it shows it has only 228GB of it.

Is this supposed to be normal?

Or do I have a defective set?

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #4,224 of 9,131
I can't accept that a source with more than 2 ohms of output impedance is deemed as first class. Low impedance balanced armature users will get better sound with a Fiio x5, iBasso DX100. Heck even with an iPod Touch 5 or an iPhone 5s (whose channel separation for very low impedances is just the best in business).

Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #4,225 of 9,131
  Question:

I understand that the player itself has 256GB of NAND memory.

However, when I connect it to my computer, it shows it has only 228GB of it.

Is this supposed to be normal?

Or do I have a defective set?

Thanks.

28GB for system software is excessive. One of the small disappointments I had when I first got my 240. I understand the reason for advertised storage space discrepancies when using mechanical hard drives, but with flash drives there's no excuse to not provide what is advertised.

Then again, I'm not an expect in this area so perhaps I'm being naive ...

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #4,226 of 9,131

28GB for system software is excessive. One of the small disappointments I had when I first got my 240. I understand the reason for advertised storage space discrepancies when using mechanical hard drives, but with flash drives there's no excuse to not provide what is advertised.

Then again, I'm not an expect in this area so perhaps I'm being naive ...

Well, I did a little bit of research & found that the actual storage space vs the advertised one would be approximately 7% difference.

So by factoring in that difference, one should have 238GB of available memory, instead of 228GB.

Any experts here willing to share their opinion(s) on this?

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #4,230 of 9,131
I can't accept that a source with more than 2 ohms of output impedance is deemed as first class. Low impedance balanced armature users will get better sound with a Fiio x5, iBasso DX100. Heck even with an iPod Touch 5 or an iPhone 5s (whose channel separation for very low impedances is just the best in business).

Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.

That was advertised for single ended.  Tyll measured the single to be 3.24ohms, not 2ohms.  So the specs on the website is not correct.  And I believe others has measured the THD+N and it's higher than what is stated on their website(this all depends on how precise your measurement rig is though).  

Looks like the added JFET adds warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back