The Astell & Kern AK240
May 14, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #3,106 of 9,131
Just could not resist any longer....should have my unit sometime next week 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,111 of 9,131
Left work a bit early today so went to demo SE846 with balanced cable:

A huge pity that the store was out of sxc cable or else I could do an apple-to-apple comparison cable-wise. Anyway. There are plenty of posts already on stock SE846 vs IE800, and their balanced versions generally echo the same points. For own unbalanced vs balanced, it doesn't seem to make as significant a difference for SE846 as opposed to IE800. Maybe needs a better cable to make some major differences to SE846 other than just adding more power. Conclusion is, madFloyd, it would be a tough, tough choice to you. There's no definite winner between them. To sum it up with one word, SE846 is "(more) exciting", while IE800 is "(more) emotional". SE846 loses completely in classical music category, otherwise even for a long-time Sennheiser fan like me, I might swing a slightly bit towards SE846 if emotion is not important for the piece I listen to. Might I make a silly suggestion of getting both? :p

May 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,118 of 9,131
Has anyone try TH900 in the 2.5mm balance out and compares with the 3.5 PO? I'm seriously wanna know the answer of this! :)

May 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #3,119 of 9,131
Hi everyone, I had Peter at Double Helix cables make me a USB cable that works for both my Chord Hugo and also my future Ak240 when my wallet can afford it! This cable sounds superb. Double Helix cables is now selling Astell&Kern products and they will appear on his website in the very near future.

If anyone has any questions you are more than welcome to contact Peter at Double Helix cables at the email address below.

doublehelixcables@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back