The Astell & Kern AK240
May 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #2,911 of 9,131
Does anybody notice that The LINE OUT from AK 240 is not Linear / neutral

I have tried With amp , The best volume setting is at 65
If i use line out = 75 , everything sound not so natural

Please try it and Share Your opinion Here

Thank you

May 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,912 of 9,131
having trouble playing hi res files: whenever i click on song title the track freezes at the start and then after a minute a message saying:

com.iriver.ak.music.musicplayer isn't responding. Do you want to close it?

Waiting does nothing. Closing goes back to menu.

Can anyone help

May 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #2,913 of 9,131
  having trouble playing hi res files: whenever i click on song title the track freezes at the start and then after a minute a message saying:

com.iriver.ak.music.musicplayer isn't responding. Do you want to close it?

Waiting does nothing. Closing goes back to menu.

Can anyone help

Try reinstalling the firmware: www.iriver.jp/support/product_98.php

Also, what kind of hi-res file(s).  Specs?

May 7, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #2,914 of 9,131
Though I love the AK240 dearly I have been going back and forth between AK240 solo, plus Fanmusic BL2 amp and with Chord Hugo.
In conclusion AK240 with Hugo is preferable. I know that makes the AK240 a very expensive transport but would be interested in others who have tried the combination.

May 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2,915 of 9,131
Though I love the AK240 dearly I have been going back and forth between AK240 solo, plus Fanmusic BL2 amp and with Chord Hugo.
In conclusion AK240 with Hugo is preferable. I know that makes the AK240 a very expensive transport but would be interested in others who have tried the combination.

AK240 solo is very nice, with Hugo it sounds more natural.  Though if you use the AK240 with balanced out it is much closer to the Hugo.  I leave the Hugo at home when going out since it won't fit in my pants pocket.  Maybe I'll take it with me in winter with a jacket but for summer I'll travel light.

May 7, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2,918 of 9,131
None of the tracks off that album work for me. It seems to intermittently play some hi res and not others which freeze and display the same message. I can't reinstall firmware as its all done via wifi and it says I'm up to date with 1.11. Bit upset. Shall i send it back? My AK 120 plays them all fine. Interestingly when I change the sd card for the one in my AK120 I get a message saying:

Too many unsupported files

Majority of my files are apple lossless or aiff. Which makes me wonder whether file support on the AK240 is less extensive than the AK120, but I'm not sure why or in what regard. Any thoughts anybody?

May 7, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,919 of 9,131
I'm using Bob marley- legend off hd tracks and file keeps stalling:

specs are 192khz, 24 bit aiff

can't read the japaese to download and reinstall firmware can anyone help me?

I had a corrupted DSD, file that did,that to me a while back also. I just deleted it. Also had a AIFF, that wouldn't play, converted it to WAV, it worked perfect.

May 7, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,920 of 9,131
  None of the tracks off that album work for me. It seems to intermittently play some hi res and not others which freeze and display the same message. I can't reinstall firmware as its all done via wifi and it says I'm up to date with 1.11. Bit upset. Shall i send it back? My AK 120 plays them all fine

Wonder if it's a problem specific to .aiff?  Maybe see if it works converting it to another format?

May 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,921 of 9,131
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Lana del Rey 44.1, 24 bit aiff/aif also fails. When I convert them both to apple lossless it plays fine. Looks like aif/ aiff support is not optimised. Thats going to be a lot of converting for me. Not sure whether to send mine back or not, or just wait and see if they fix the issue. It does sound good, but this lack of hi res aiff support is terrible. Can anyone check on their AK240 if this is the case, or if its just my unit?

May 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2,922 of 9,131

Wonder if it's a problem specific to .aiff?  Maybe see if it works converting it to another format?

All of my files are .aiff and they all play fine. 

May 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,923 of 9,131
  I think you've hit the nail on the head. Lana del Rey 44.1, 24 bit aiff/aif also fails. When I convert them both to apple lossless it plays fine. Looks like aif/ aiff support is not optimised. Thats going to be a lot of converting for me. Not sure whether to send mine back or not, or just wait and see if they fix the issue. It does sound good, but this lack of hi res aiff support is terrible. Can anyone check on their AK240 if this is the case, or if its just my unit?

I can't stream aif files to my AK240 but they seem to play OK locally.  It turned out that aif is not supported by the streaming software.

May 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #2,924 of 9,131
I loaded 2500 songs all itunes loss-less on the AK240. Much of the artwork loaded with it. I initially had trouble getting the android file transfer to recognize the device but its up an running now. The drive is still half empty.Waiting to try this with the Hugo  but in my opinion it does not need anything else to make it work well.

May 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,925 of 9,131
This maybe pointless to do since the AK has two memory slots, but have you guys tried using it as external DAC/Amp for smartphones?  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back