The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #2,297 of 9,131
I've already tried California and Seoul Korea
Tomorrow. I'll try some of the European distributors
Hopefully someone will know why they are not reachable
I've already got an Ak120 but I would not be prudent to buy anything else made by a company I can't reach

Hi,

is there something I can help you with?

Regards
Steph

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #2,299 of 9,131
  Hi,

is there something I can help you with?

Regards
Steph

Originally I wanted  to know  whether a single  cable with the right connectors of course would be sufficient  to link from the Ak240 balanced output  to a balanced headphone  amp like the sr71b which I own  or whether you would need that complicated double input cable referred to in the Ak240 manual
And if not why do they bother to describe it in that manual
I had spoken  to iriver in Ca before March 4
But when I tried to phone back everyday since then no one ever answers no matter what the hour
I even phoned Seoul  and no one answers there either
So even though my Ak120  has no problems , I'm having second thoughts about buying a $ 2500. Product from a company  I can't reach
I've also sent an email. No response there either
I don't know  if you can help with that other than explain what's happened with their  customer relations
I see that you're linked with the uk distributor
I was planning to phone  you guys later today. I've tried everyone else
Hopefully your company still answers  the phones
Is your phone still 442082008282
If so who do I ask to speak to ?
Thanks

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #2,300 of 9,131
Originally I wanted to know whether a single cable with the right connectors of course would be sufficient to link from the Ak240 balanced output to a balanced headphone amp like the sr71b which I own or whether you would need that complicated double input cable referred to in the Ak240 manual
And if not why do they bother to describe it in that manual
I had spoken to iriver in Ca before March 4
But when I tried to phone back everyday since then no one ever answers no matter what the hour
I even phoned Seoul and no one answers there either
So even though my Ak120 has no problems , I'm having second thoughts about buying a $ 2500. Product from a company I can't reach
I've also sent an email. No response there either
I don't know if you can help with that other than explain what's happened with their customer relations

I see that you're linked with the uk distributor
I was planning to phone you guys later today. I've tried everyone else
Hopefully your company still answers the phones
Is your phone still 442082008282
If so who do I ask to speak to ?
Thanks

Hi

In answer to your question above - you are correct in assuming you'll be able to connect the AK240 to a balanced headphone with using a standard balanced cable terminated in the 2.5mm trs. The double input cable is required if you plan to go to full size L/R XLR - the headphone out is used as a ground in this case.

One of the possible reasons for the no response from A&K could be due to their preparations for the High-end Munch show, they are very busy at the moment working on booth designs etc.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Steph

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #2,301 of 9,131
In answer to your question above - you are correct in assuming you'll be able to connect the AK240 to a balanced headphone with using a standard balanced cable terminated in the 2.5mm trs. The double input cable is required if you plan to go to full size L/R XLR - the headphone out is used as a ground in this case.

Do you mean to say "2.5mm trrs"?

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #2,302 of 9,131
Do you mean to say "2.5mm trrs"?

Apologies - Typo on my part should be TRRS:

TS = 2 Pole
TRS 3 Pole
TRRS = 4 Pole Balanced

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2,303 of 9,131
  Hi

One of the possible reasons for the no response from A&K could be due to their preparations for the High-end Munch show, they are very busy at the moment working on booth designs etc.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Steph

Thank you Steph
Spoke to you on the phone and you were very helpful
Ill be waiting for your email

Thanks again

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,305 of 9,131
Ok, was just a little unsure how well the AK-240 would drive my HD-800's . I've read a few posts that they driving them pretty well so far. Won't be home till Friday, so I won't be able to tell until then. My IE-800's should sound and work fantastic with it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #2,306 of 9,131
Ok, was just a little unsure how well the AK-240 would drive my HD-800's . I've read a few posts that they driving them pretty well so far. Won't be home till Friday, so I won't be able to tell until then. My IE-800's should sound and work fantastic with it.

It drives the HD800 quite well, but you'll miss some volume at least with classical music. IE800 ofc works fabulously :)

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #2,307 of 9,131
Hi
I have recently bought a  AK240. I have an problem because I can't copy any files to ak240 on windows 8. Some communicate is showing and asking to transfering file format and I choosed "no just copy" files is copying to 90% and then is in progress for endlesss.... weird

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,308 of 9,131
  Hi
I have recently bought a  AK240. I have an problem because I can't copy any files to ak240 on windows 8. Some communicate is showing and asking to transfering file format and I choosed "no just copy" files is copying to 90% and then is in progress for endlesss.... weird

Are you able to try Teracopy on Windows 8?

http://codesector.com/teracopy

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #2,310 of 9,131
I got two questions for owners of AK240:

-can it be used as a usb DAC? Play music from PC, digital out into AK240. I feel like if I'm gonna drop 3k (after tax) on this, it's gonna have to be my home system, and portable system.
-can it pair with bluetooth watches like the Pebble (for controlling music wirelessly)? They advertise Bluetooth 4.0 and Android, which Pebble does support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back