The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #2,101 of 9,131
  i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.

He has the tracking number for the item and it's says delivery would be Monday to the UK. Hopefully it wouldn't be an empty box that he paid for 
k701smile.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #2,102 of 9,131
Very strange as it may seem but the UK seems to have got 1 or 2 batches before the States distribution. I bought from batch one at Amazon UK and it seems there was a second batch which is now sold out.
Custom Cables have 1 in stock. I just asked and they confirmed physical stock of 1.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,103 of 9,131
Guys, the AK240 official launch in the US is 3/4. Pre-order are being taken starting 2/25. Looks like some of our dealers have been leaking some units early, which is unfortunate. The UK & Asia launch was before 2/25, therefore UK customers have been getting em early. As expected, the AK240 is flying off the shelves, so get your pre-orders in and they will ship to US and Canada customers officially on March 4th.

Feel free to order the AK240 and any other Astell&Kern products from Ted, as he will have em in stock!

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2,106 of 9,131
Sorry about that error! Here's a link to the MQS Streaming Server app for Mac:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gelvzhqqht9m89n/MQSStreamingServer_Mac_2014_01_28_v0.4.6.dmg
Dear JmoonAk

You probably know this
Is the only way to output from the Ak240 to a receiver all possible files ( including DSD) the analog way
Namely an RCA cable taking its source from the unbalanced or the balanced headphone ports
Or can an optical cable be used
Also please explain the complicated double cable output on page 6 of the manual

Thanks

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #2,107 of 9,131
Dear JmoonAk

You probably know this
Is the only way to output from the Ak240 to a receiver all possible files ( including DSD) the analog way
Namely an RCA cable taking its source from the unbalanced or the balanced headphone ports
Or can an optical cable be used
Also please explain the complicated double cable output on page 6 of the manual

Thanks

Unfortunately, DSD is not support thru optical since the AK240 decodes DSD natively, as where our AK100/AK120 were able to do so because of the DSD to PCM conversion.

The unbalanced 3.5mm jack is able to output audio via S-PDIF where as the balanced 4pole TRRS 2.5mm cannot. The balanced audio device output picture on page 6 of the manual describes how the AK240 can be connected to a 2channel system. A specialized cable will need to used, but its an aux cable with one end being a standard 3.5mm jack and the other end split (3.5mm port being used as a ground, while the 2.5mm balanced output port is for audio). I hope this helps explain a little bit.

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,109 of 9,131
  Unfortunately, DSD is not support thru optical since the AK240 decodes DSD natively, as where our AK100/AK120 were able to do so because of the DSD to PCM conversion.

The unbalanced 3.5mm jack is able to output audio via S-PDIF where as the balanced 4pole TRRS 2.5mm cannot. The balanced audio device output picture on page 6 of the manual describes how the AK240 can be connected to a 2channel system. A specialized cable will need to used, but its an aux cable with one end being a standard 3.5mm jack and the other end split (3.5mm port being used as a ground, while the 2.5mm balanced output port is for audio). I hope this helps explain a little bit.

Which is that little box thing, right?

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2,111 of 9,131

Dear JmoonAk,

since you are in A&K secrets, can you tell us if we can expect soon a Firmware revision that will bring a graphical interface that take advantage of the increased screen resolution, to display album-Arts in the playlist, library & albums views ?  And also that will offer us "instant playlists" (to select what we want to hear today) ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #2,112 of 9,131

Dear JmoonAk,

since you are in A&K secrets, can you tell us if we can expect soon a Firmware revision that will bring a graphical interface that take advantage of the increased screen resolution, to display album-Arts in the playlist, library & albums views ?  And also that will offer us "instant playlists" (to select what we want to hear today) ?

Unfortunately, I do currently do not have any updates on any kind of a GUI update on the AK240 via firmware update. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #2,113 of 9,131
  Unfortunately, I do currently do not have any updates on any kind of a GUI update on the AK240 via firmware update. 

Thanks for the feedback!

thanks for the quick reply.  

I really think that AK should soon improve it's UI, because the UI shown was copied from Calyx-M... and if Calyx can do it, AK should be able to do it ! :)

I myself have not decided for the AK240 yet (and therefore, I am waiting to see how Calyx-M sound), JUST because I am disapointed by AK's UI, and I want something MUCH MORE convenient than the UI of my AK100.  

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #2,115 of 9,131

Dear JmoonAk

So I presume this is for a balanced connection to an external amplifier

If it was unbalanced single ended you connection would just use a mini to RCA cable from the headphone jack

Am I right

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back