The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #887 of 9,131

it looks photo-thingied there doesn't appear any indentations of the skin.... other photo's it looked quite a bit larger imo.

Depends on the lighting and the hand...?

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #888 of 9,131
  (Double post from the AK120 thread)

A quick look of the AK240…

http://www.stereophile.com/content/astellkern-ak240-hd-portable-player

I'm still waiting on my AK120 in the mail, so this only has a passing interest to me.

Gorila hands.....?

This is how I separate good daps from the bad ones. The good dap will tell you exactly which albums are good recordings and which are bad ones. The good recordings will sound excellent yet the bad ones will sound worse.

So I don't believe a better dap will make bad recordings sound better, instead it will give them bad time and make them sound worse.

That's just silly. Not you're writing off perfectly good daps essentially because one didn't turn off 'mega special restoration DSP'

Neither player is a bargain, regardless of how they relate to one another in price.

Exactly, but of course we clearly have quite a few high rollers among us.......... Wish they'd make a gracious donation or 2. 
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #889 of 9,131
Speaking for myself I am certainly no "High Roller" I don't own things like cars and rarely go out to pubs and never to clubs. In fact a friend told me how much the door charge is in one of my local clubs, its about the same as four albums from HD tracks, I know what I would rather spend my money on! When you think about it if you own a car a couple of years old you own something that depreciates faster than a boy bands followers! I have a fairly nice set up, the cost of which would have got me a cheap old banger of a car in todays market.

Having nice gear does not necessarily mean a person is rich, they just choose to spend their money on things that are not mainstream!

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #893 of 9,131
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #894 of 9,131
Speaking for myself I am certainly no "High Roller" I don't own things like cars and rarely go out to pubs and never to clubs. In fact a friend told me how much the door charge is in one of my local clubs, its about the same as four albums from HD tracks, I know what I would rather spend my money on! When you think about it if you own a car a couple of years old you own something that depreciates faster than a boy bands followers! I have a fairly nice set up, the cost of which would have got me a cheap old banger of a car in todays market.

Having nice gear does not necessarily mean a person is rich, they just choose to spend their money on things that are not mainstream!

lol, of course 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #897 of 9,131

Its all in the SQ...

I suppose, I mean less is more isn't it! Is it intended to be used with an Amp? IF so does it utilize a Line out option 

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #899 of 9,131
  What!!! Designed by Stevie Wonder perchance. I don't care how good it sounds, I would be embarrassed to be seen with it.
U. G. L. Y.

Sure that's why we buy Digital Audio Players, to look cool in public, not to listen to music. For screws sake, who the hell is using these devices to listen to music, I just can't understand people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back